"Big Hero 6" presence in Disney World?

Luigi

Original Poster
As we know, the opening of a new Disney Animated Feature is a big deal in the parks. After all, the films are the foundation that the company and parks are built on.
We just have to look at last year and the "Frozen" phenomena to see what these films could mean to Disney World in terms of attendance and money.
Plus, kids love to meet the new characters and welcome them to the Disney family.
Disney has consistently set-up meet and greets at the end of Animation attraction in DHS and even included them in parades.

Knowing that...
Can Disney do ANYTHING with Big Hero 6 in the parks. Because, even though they are not promoting it as such...it is a Marvel Property. And we all know when it comes to anything Marvel nothing is allowed in the parks.

And yes, I know, they haven't had the Avengers in the parks and that turned out ok...But those films have not been marketed really as "Disney" movies. This is a Disney Animated Feature. And for a Disney Animated Feature not to be allowed in the parks seems to odd to me.

Anyone heard anything or have thoughts?

Thanks!

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
ets at the en
Can Disney do ANYTHING with Big Hero 6 in the parks. Because, even though they are not promoting it as such...it is a Marvel Property. And we all know when it comes to anything Marvel nothing is allowed in the parks.

This is not true. Disney can not do anything with Marvel Characters and the "families" of those characters that already appear in IOA. All other Marvel Characters they can use in the WDW parks. Guardians of the Galaxy got placement in DHS already and they had ties to the Avengers but not enough to violate the contract with Uni. Big Hero 6 should have zero problems. Probably one of the reasons it was chosen for Disney Animation.

aladdin2007

As we know, the opening of a new Disney Animated Feature is a big deal in the parks. After all, the films are the foundation that the company and parks are built on.
We just have to look at last year and the "Frozen" phenomena to see what these films could mean to Disney World in terms of attendance and money.
Plus, kids love to meet the new characters and welcome them to the Disney family.
Disney has consistently set-up meet and greets at the end of Animation attraction in DHS and even included them in parades.

Knowing that...

And yes, I know, they haven't had the Avengers in the parks and that turned out ok...But those films have not been marketed really as "Disney" movies. This is a Disney Animated Feature. And for a Disney Animated Feature not to be allowed in the parks seems to odd to me.

Anyone heard anything or have thoughts?

Thanks!

They are? They arent like they use to be, unless its a meetngreet and some merch I wouldnt expect much. The days are over sadly when they use to have a new parade and stage shows among other things at the exact same time as the movie was released.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I honestly expect it to be just as good as Wreck-it Ralph, but not nearly over-hyped afterwards as Frozen was.

For some, odd reason, I could see BH6 in Innoventions. I really have no idea why.. Maybe it's because those habit heroes keep popping to mind.

FigmentJedi

I honestly expect it to be just as good as Wreck-it Ralph, but not nearly over-hyped afterwards as Frozen was.

For some, odd reason, I could see BH6 in Innoventions. I really have no idea why.. Maybe it's because those habit heroes keep popping to mind.
I always associated Habit Heroes more with The Incredibles from the early days when they had those hilariously awkward supervillains and one of the villains on the site was pretty much just a Violet recolor representing depression.

They could put BH6 on Streets of America and redecorate the San Francisco facade into San Fransoyko.

GiveMeTheMusic

Disney doesn't promote animated films in the park anymore unless they're Pixar, and even then, not much. Frozen only got a promotion way after the fact due to its success.

TDO/WDPR is now so disgustingly risk averse that they won't do more than a meet-n-greet, so expect to meet Hiro and Baymax at DHS, and that's it. If the movie makes a billion dollars, then in summer 2015 they might throw together a low quality "show" and an elaborate merch stand and call it a promotion.

wdwfan4ver

Disney is only willing to do Meet & Greets like aladdin2007 mentioned at the same time as the movie was release.

If Big Hero 6 gets Frozen type Box Office numbers, Disney will do something with the movie outside in terms of a promotion of a meet and greet like GiveMeTheMusic mentioned.

The way today's Disney is, Big Hero 6 also can get an attraction outside of a stage show or a promotion. The catch is they will do it cheaply like Frozen will be getting an overlay on the Maelstrom attraction if reaches over a billion dollars and the merchandise sells like hot cakes.

Last edited:

Sped2424

A meet and greet for their next big film tends to happen 3 or 4 weeks before it's release. And the way I see it Disney is going to do 1 or 2 things based on their track record.
Dumb option would be to put hiro and baymax in japan at epcot. I hope they learned something from the mess Anna and Elsa made over there because I have a feeling people are going to LINE up for a picture with Baymax.

Smart option would be to have them appear in San Francisco street over in the streets of america section where thematically they would be most at home. I am actually hoping this film does stellar in the boxo ffice so that the streets of America can be saved from star wars, and instead turned into San Fransokyo.

6AC0E1DA-26B9-4DD0-AD028D37B08E8119_640_big_hero_6_san_fransokyo.jpg

How amazing would all that be at night??

NMBC1993

A meet and greet for their next big film tends to happen 3 or 4 weeks before it's release. And the way I see it Disney is going to do 1 or 2 things based on their track record.
Dumb option would be to put hiro and baymax in japan at epcot. I hope they learned something from the mess Anna and Elsa made over there because I have a feeling people are going to LINE up for a picture with Baymax.

Smart option would be to have them appear in San Francisco street over in the streets of america section where thematically they would be most at home. I am actually hoping this film does stellar in the boxo ffice so that the streets of America can be saved from star wars, and instead turned into San Fransokyo.

For the love of Galactus, they better not even THINK of using the Japan pavilion for their heavy handed marketing! The film isn't even based in Japan, just a city that mixes elements from that environment. Hiro and Baymax belong in the animation building just like all the other Disney animated films of recent (with the exception of Frozen, but we all know how that turned out). I'll be interested to see how well this film does. It seems to me they're missing a big opportunity by not having the word "Marvel" present somewhere in the advertising, even if it just says "inspired by the Marvel comic". Considering the general audience has no idea what this property is, that might hurt ticket sales a bit.

FigmentJedi

For the love of Galactus, they better not even THINK of using the Japan pavilion for their heavy handed marketing! The film isn't even based in Japan, just a city that mixes elements from that environment. Hiro and Baymax belong in the animation building just like all the other Disney animated films of recent (with the exception of Frozen, but we all know how that turned out). I'll be interested to see how well this film does. It seems to me they're missing a big opportunity by not having the word "Marvel" present somewhere in the advertising, even if it just says "inspired by the Marvel comic". Considering the general audience has no idea what this property is, that might hurt ticket sales a bit.
Streets of America would be a more fun backdrop and it'd preserve Demolish-It Dan's spot in the Animation Building.

wdwfan4ver

Big Hero 6 Box Office numbers isn't going to do anything for helping Streets of America based on Star Wars Land isn't headed to Streets of America based on the plans last I heard. Echo Lake is going to be affected by Star Wars Land.

Star Wars Land Plans actually affect Sounds Dangerous Building, American Idol Experience building, Backlot Express located on Echo Lake, and Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular.

Streets of America was supposed to be affected by a Pixar Expansion that involves Cars, but Disney decided not do that last year.

NMBC1993

Streets of America would be a more fun backdrop and it'd preserve Demolish-It Dan's spot in the Animation Building.

Actually, your right. It would be pretty fun to see Streets of America get a new look, even if it's just temporary. Also, Demolish-It Dan? XD I can imagine that being the name of Ralph's father.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Big Hero 6 Box Office numbers isn't going to do anything for helping Streets of America based on Star Wars Land isn't headed to Streets of America based on the plans last I heard. Echo Lake is going to be affected by Star Wars Land.

Star Wars Land Plans actually affect Sounds Dangerous Building, American Idol Experience building, Backlot Express located on Echo Lake, and Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular.

Streets of America was supposed to be affected by a Pixar Expansion that involves Cars, but Disney decided not do that last year.

Which plans are these?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom