News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

doctornick

I get the impression it'll be FW orientated, though WS won't be left out.

I dare say we will continue to see incremental plussings and improvements to attractions and entertainment that tackle the tip of the iceberg before anything major. I also believe the 350mil isn't the end of it. It's no DCA but it's more than just paint.

Well, great to hear. And I actually think that focusing the big projects on DAK and DHS first while "plussing" Epcot is actually the right call. Not that Epcot doesn't need help, but some tinkering here and there can hold it over until there are the bigger splashy openings later.

I'm both excited but also concerned about what they might come up with to "fix" or "improve" Epcot though.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Not speaking of the long term unknowns, but in the short(er) term, do you think they'll repair, never mind plus, the fountain? That alone would make me smile.
One would hope. I was surprised to find the temporary PA setup this fall for it, with the original audio system removed.

Though if temporary becomes permanent it'll be another utter fail. Seeing the misting system return let alone all broken nozzles fixed would be quite the revelation.

EPCOTCenterLover

Well, all of your news, Martin, makes me want to postpone my next trip until after the new Epcot premiers. I'm excited for the changes to the Studios, but I'm not a big Star Wars fan. Perhaps I can wait. Perhaps...

PREMiERdrum

t's no DCA but it's more than just paint.

Hopefully plenty of paint...
Future-World_Full_20766.jpg

DisneyGentleman

Future-World_Full_20766.jpg

This picture is the perfect metphor for EPCOT management in the recent past.

"Splash paint on it and they will never notice".

Sort of like an aging actress trying to look younger with lot's of lipstick. Here is the great actress Sheila McRae at age 92.

wenn5120215_5_1978_11_3348688_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

But the fact is that we do notice, and the place cries out to us from the past glory of wonder and imagination.

Hopefully management is now hearing that message.

dizda

I have been trying to think about what the $350 million for Epcot could do, and I am having difficulty conceptualizing how much certain projects would cost. For example, Ratatouille in Paris supposedly cost over $250 million. With those kinds of costs for Disney, would $350 million be enough to do much more than a major rebuild of one of the large Pavilions, such as Imagination or UOE, both of which need complete rebuilds?

Last edited:

PlutoHasFleas

I have also heard a lot about Bing-Bong bringing the fun back to Imagination. Kick out Dr. Nigel Stuffyshrit McBrit and his cold, clinical journey into the 5 senses, bring back the Imagination.

(Yes, we would all love to see the Dreamfinder again, but it's never going to happen)

mimitchi33

I have also heard a lot about Bing-Bong bringing the fun back to Imagination. Kick out Dr. Nigel Stuffyshrit McBrit and his cold, clinical journey into the 5 senses, bring back the Imagination.

(Yes, we would all love to see the Dreamfinder again, but it's never going to happen)
Bing Bong would do a great job presenting that ride! I'm also guessing that the new ride vehicles would be based off his rocket.

VIPguide_2030

I get the impression it'll be FW orientated, though WS won't be left out.

I dare say we will continue to see incremental plussings and improvements to attractions and entertainment that tackle the tip of the iceberg before anything major. I also believe the 350mil isn't the end of it. It's no DCA but it's more than just paint.

Any new rumblings on this? Is Shanghaiest putting a temporary hold on these talks? I am very hopeful that things don't fall by the wayside and that what you were hearing is still a possibility.

VIPguide_2030

Nothing since I'm afraid.

Thanks for the reply, your posts are always on my radar from way up in WI so keep up the great work! Would love to hear your thoughts on what you would do for the day if you were in charge of EPCOT. Drop me a PM sometime if you don't want to put it out on the message board and have to hear everyone dissect it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom