News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Indy_UK

Sorry as I know it’s most likely already been mentioned but has it been discussed as to why a couple of the flower beds overlap the logo and the others don’t?

James Alucobond

Sorry as I know it’s most likely already been mentioned but has it been discussed as to why a couple of the flower beds overlap the logo and the others don’t?
Because it's a design choice. None actually overlap the rings, and it's all obviously intentional since three of the encroaching gardens follow the ring contours exactly. You can agree or disagree with the choice, but it's not a mistake. It's in the site plan.

dmc493

My wild and unsubstantiated guess is that all the reports of lighting and effects issues the last few weeks were because they were integrating old and new lighting systems together, but regardless looks like the area will look great at night once walls are down

tparris

There are even lights in the trees by Dreamer’s Point that sync with everything too. These pictures really don’t do it justice. Also, watching everything seamlessly transition into the candy cane color scheme at the same time was really cool honestly, even the under lighting on all the trees turned green.
IMG_6031.jpeg
IMG_6030.jpeg
IMG_6034.jpeg
IMG_6035.jpeg
IMG_6032.jpeg

vikescaper

Will they start taking down the walls tonight and use the rolling planters to block off the new areas or will the walls come down Monday night after the park closes?

tparris

I would guess the walls will just come down when ready. That would be a lot of rolling planters otherwise.
I just hope they don’t take too long after opening to pressure wash the spots where the walls have sat for so many years, although even after that the line will still be visible. During the day you can still see a faint line along the connections/creations building even after they’ve already pressure washed most of it away. Then there’s the pavement around Moana, which doesn’t seem like it ever got a pressure washing at all after opening…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom