News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
MK looks about as busy as normal (2hr for 7D, 1hr for SM, 30 for HM). HS seems to be normal as well with about an hour for TOT, RNRC, and TSMM. AK not very busy outside of Pandora, but that seems to be the norm. Just thought it was interesting that at 6pm on a summer day (or so I thought) FW has basically no waits.
Isn't it funny how a 40-year-old roller coaster can still pack in hour-long waits?
By this time of day of the festival, they're all too drunk to ride.
You're never too drunk to ride. You're just too drunk to keep from throwing up afterward.

montyz81

epcot-future-world-concept-art-MiceChat-610x364.jpg
upload_2017-9-6_9-51-55.png

If I look at this image closely, it appears like the ATT/Siemens lounge is missing. If that is correct, then what of the ride. That part of the building houses the load/unload area too. I have this chilling feeling that plans do exist to completely gut SSE.

trainplane3

epcot-future-world-concept-art-MiceChat-610x364.jpg
View attachment 226949
If I look at this image closely, it appears like the ATT/Siemens lounge is missing. If that is correct, then what of the ride. That part of the building houses the load/unload area too. I have this chilling feeling that plans do exist to completely gut SSE.
That's been pointed out already. @marni1971 said that there are plans for a refurb in 2019(?) with no ride altering (gutting) changes but that's it. As everyone's stated it's bluesky, so we could see 1% of this or 100%. Apparently half of CC is staying as it stands which this does not show.

And looking at your picture, what is the black blob supposed to be? It doesn't look like the ground because of the contrast of it to everything around it but it doesn't look like a building.

montyz81

That's been pointed out already. @marni1971 said that there are plans for a refurb in 2019(?) with no ride altering (gutting) changes but that's it. As everyone's stated it's bluesky, so we could see 1% of this or 100%. Apparently half of CC is staying as it stands which this does not show.
I apologize for missing it in the thread, I was in Edinburgh for a week and didn't connect at all. Thank you for the clarification. It feels good to hear that.
As an aside, I have to say, everyone should see the Military Tattoo at Edinburgh Castle. It is as moving as, if not more than, Illuminations. I was thoroughly impressed.

trainplane3

I apologize for missing it in the thread, I was in Edinburgh for a week and didn't connect at all. Thank you for the clarification. It feels good to hear that.
As an aside, I have to say, everyone should see the Military Tattoo at Edinburgh Castle. It is as moving as, if not more than, Illuminations. I was thoroughly impressed.
Oh no problem. I was just letting you know. No need to apologize. @MisterPenguin 's thread (http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/rumor-and-upcoming-timeline-tracker.926402/page-10#post-7867342 latest update) is a great place to keep up to date with projects. There hasn't been too much news lately.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom