Big changes at the Studios Rumors

jt04

Original Poster
Coaster was back to it's normal stand-by queue yesterday.

I wonder if they are having problems?

Here is my idea. Simply allow a guests daily park ticket to act as a fastpass to every attraction and show during the day. Any repeat visitors to an attraction that day would be funneled to the stand-by line.

They could then also sell a premium super fastpass option for a premium price.

With this system there would be no need to race from ride to ride or have a strategy. In fact it would pay to save the more popular attractions for later in the day. Fastpass lines would disappear almost immediately across the parks and the entire experience would be much more relaxed and less stressed thereby allowing guests more time to shop and eat. :)

jt04

Original Poster
Simply quoting your original post will substantiate any claim that you talk through your hoop.

It was simply a concept I think would work. If you have an actual thought about it'd be great otherwise you are just using valuable bandwidth. But I suspect you are so blinded by it's brilliance you are once again left muttering on. Sorry, I have that effect on some folks. :drevil:

dizpins14

I wonder if they are having problems?

Here is my idea. Simply allow a guests daily park ticket to act as a fastpass to every attraction and show during the day. Any repeat visitors to an attraction that day would be funneled to the stand-by line.

They could then also sell a premium super fastpass option for a premium price.

With this system there would be no need to race from ride to ride or have a strategy. In fact it would pay to save the more popular attractions for later in the day. Fastpass lines would disappear almost immediately across the parks and the entire experience would be much more relaxed and less stressed thereby allowing guests more time to shop and eat. :)

There would be no incentive to stay a whole day at the parks. A lot of families would hit their top attractions then go back to the pool.

Disney doesn't care if you do all the attractions you want in the shortest amount of time. Fastpass was implemented to make guests shop and eat while one waits for their Fastpass time, while also giving a perception of shorter lines. If I was able to Fastpass all the lines in the morning or all the lines in the afternoon, there would be no reason to stay all day in the park. Probably cutting out a meal I would have previously eaten on property.

jt04

Original Poster
There would be no incentive to stay a whole day at the parks. A lot of families would hit their top attractions then go back to the pool.

Disney doesn't care if you do all the attractions you want in the shortest amount of time. Fastpass was implemented to make guests shop and eat while one waits for their Fastpass time, while also giving a perception of shorter lines. If I was able to Fastpass all the lines in the morning or all the lines in the afternoon, there would be no reason to stay all day in the park. Probably cutting out a meal I would have previously eaten on property.

I thought of that and you may be right in that it would be too efficient. But I also wonder if people who were inclined to do as you say would find the overall WDW experience enhanced to the point they would increase their number and length of their visits and thereby increase capacities at the hotels. It is an interesting possibility. Will people end up spending more if their overall experience is enhanced rather than being 'tricked' into staying within the 4 parks for as long as possible?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom