Better Lobby Atrium: Grand Floridan or Wilderness Lodge?

The Excavator

Original Poster
Hi everyone. I'm new around here but I've always loved Disney World and Disneyland throughout my life. I've always had this burning question. Which lobby atrium is better the GF? or WL?

Me personally, this is one of the toughest Disney questions and there isn't a wrong answer. it's like picking your favorite child. I think the Victorian architecture and old fashioned big band and piano players in the GF are fantastic. But I also think the rustic, log cabin themes of the Wilderness Lodge do an excellent job of transporting me into Yellowstone.

So I'll leave it up to you fine folks to discuss. Thanks and enjoy!

ImagineerDude

Grand Floridian for me! The live band, monorail whooshing outside, lobby furniture that's actually comfortable, and those huge chandeliers are amazing! Plus it reminds me of when Full House stayed there...no matter how cheesy those episodes were I always watch them! Sunrise at the GF is especially beautiful (I saw it after the All-Nighter) we watch the sunrise over the 7 Seas Lagoon and the Contemporary and Bay Lake Tower. It was one of the most spectacular moments I'd ever experienced in WDW, and that was after 24 hours of MK!

zurgandfriend

I agree with most of the others very tough call. The GF has the shops, the band and a gingerbread house at Christmas. The WL however has TeePees hanging from the ceiling, faux leather chairs, hard wood floors and a stream in it. Plus Whispering Canyon with it's crazy castmembers is right there and the Territory Lounge is close by as well. I have to give the edge to WL.

Wall-e

There's a night and day difference between the two. For those who love the mountains and wildeness the lodge is the choice but for those who love sun and a beach atmosphere I'd say the GF is it. For me I say WL because it reminds me of summers in the mountains and skiing, which is odd since we are in Florida.

HokieDevil

The Grand Floridian all the way. The detailing and the atmosphere is amazing. I haven't stayed there during the holidays and would love to be cause I hear with the decorations and the gingerbread house its even more breath taking.

Skibum1970

Wilderness Lodge. The huge soaring lobby with the woodwork. Absolutely awe-inspiring. GF's is nice but, for my taste, WL wins by a landslide. Plus, the decorations for Christmas and the hot springs with the bridge at the far end are very nice.

HollyAD

WL by far! You really can't top the atmosphere and the dramatic feel of the lobby. Grand Floridian is pretty and classy but the drama factor is missing. WL is my favorite resort because the feel of the lobby expands through out the entire resort. It's a very tranquil feeling and it just sets the tone for your vacation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom