Best Way to pay....

baggienath7

Original Poster
So Being DVC Members from the UK, what is the best way to pay your annual dues without paying stupid amounts extra with bank charges and exchange rates?

Any UK DVC'ers that can help would be wonderful.

:D

RickEff

I'm in Canada so maybe things are a little easier, but I too got frustrated with the additional 2.5% credit cards place on exchange rates. We opened a US funds saving account and our bank also has a US funds visa card. It's still a Canadian bank - but the charges are in US dollars. We put money aside every paycheque in our vacation fund in Canadian dollars and when the exchange rate is favourable we transfer it to our US savings account. This way we have a little more control over the fees. It's worked very well for us.

We've since also opened a US account in the States so we'll be paying monthly from here on out :)

I'm not sure if any banks in the UK have the option for a US Visa card or MasterCard, but it may be worth looking into.

Goofy10

The best way to avoid the 'Foriegn Transaction Fee' charged by UK credit cards is to use a card such as Santander Zero. This has no overseas fee but you are hostage to the exchange rate mechanism. No avoiding that sorry. I do it this way and my card gets billed every January, you just need to remember to update your details every few years when a new card is issued with a different expiry date. This can be done online with the DVC website

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom