Best way to Hoop De Do from POFQ?

trooper1917

What is the best way to for us (2 adults-2 kids - no car) to get to/from Hoop De Do Review from POFQ? Also, what amount of transportation time would you allocate?
thanks!

Alztybrn

The quickest and easiest way is to take a cab. It is a very short drive from POFQ to FW.

The other option would be to take the bus from POFQ to MK, and then take the ferry to FW. I would give yourself at least an hour and a half if this is the method you choose.

Upvote 0

Lance

This is such a shame.... because Port Orleans is the closest resort other than WL to FW... if there was a viable walking option, I'd suggest it... but there is no sidewalk that connects to two, via the roadway...

I'd go with taking the PO bus to Epcot... the Epcot bus to FW and/or WL bus, whichever is there, might be the same bus if I remember correctly...

or

I'd go with taking the water taxi to DD... DD bus to FW/WL...

or

Get a bus that goes to the Ticket and Transportation Center.... take the WL/FW bus....

or

as the above poster said.... PO to MK to WL/FW boat...

every scenairo, you gotta allocate at LEAST an hour!

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
A cab ride will cost you less than $10 and is by far your quickest option. The cab will be able to drop you at the front of the camp ground and from there you will take Ft Wildernesses internal but to Pioneer Hall. The Orange line is the quickest route but all three bus routes will take you there. As a general rule I take the first bus to arrive at the stop.

Your best free option is to take the bus from PORS to MK and from there take the boat to Ft Wilderness. The boat will drop you about 100 feet from Pioneer hall.

One piece of advice about going from resort to resort using Disney transportation never ever use DTD as a hub. The routes that the buses use to get to DTD during peak times are notoriously long and can easily add and hour to your travel time. Your best bet is to go to the park closest to the resort you are going to and then to the resort.

Upvote 0

TLS

I vote for the bus to MK and the boat to FW.

The bus stop at MK is close to the boat launch, and the boat dock at FW is, like others said, real close to Pioneer Hall.

As close as the Port Orleans and Wilderness lodge is to FW, you'd think they'd run parking lot type trams or small busses between them for guests with Hoop De Do tickets.

Upvote 0

elcodfish

taxi

if your kids don't need car seats, have bell services call you a cab, it will be quick and cheap. If you do need car seats, ask bell services at your arrival if they are available in the Mears taxis.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
A cab ride will cost you less than $10 and is by far your quickest option. The cab will be able to drop you at the front of the camp ground and from there you will take Ft Wildernesses internal but to Pioneer Hall. The Orange line is the quickest route but all three bus routes will take you there. As a general rule I take the first bus to arrive at the stop.

Your best free option is to take the bus from PORS to MK and from there take the boat to Ft Wilderness. The boat will drop you about 100 feet from Pioneer hall.

One piece of advice about going from resort to resort using Disney transportation never ever use DTD as a hub. The routes that the buses use to get to DTD during peak times are notoriously long and can easily add and hour to your travel time. Your best bet is to go to the park closest to the resort you are going to and then to the resort.

I'll second these suggestions full.
I can't agree with Lance regarting TTC...that is used for very little direct transportation any more.

So either cab or boat from MK/Contemporary/GF/Poly

Upvote 0

Jim B

The one thing I don't see in these posts are suggestions for the return trip from the Hoop De Doo Review to your resort. When we went to the Review this past September we discovered that after each show there are direct buses going back to every resort. (for the return trip only) They ask each guest at the bus stop which resort they are staying at and route and load a bus to provide transportation back to the resorts. The route is variable, since it depends on how many people are returning to which resort, but there always seems to be enough buses to get a seat. We didn't know this service even existed and some of the people we met in the review didn't know either and returned to their resorts via boat\MK\bus method. Be sure to make your reservations as early as possible, since it seems location assignment is made as reservations are made. Enjoy...

Upvote 0

jjgoo

Take a cab. Unless you are already at a park getting to another hotel is just a pain in the neck.

However if you don't mind the time and hassel I think the bus to MK and boat to FW route is the most fun. (That way you get to travel by Contemporary and WL by boat and you can catch a glimpse of River Country)

Upvote 0

paul436

The other option would be to take the bus from POFQ to MK, and then take the ferry to FW.
I took this route last year and it worked out fine. But do leave yourself the time to get there. I enjoy the boat rides at WDW so take them whenever they are an option. There are buses back to the resorts after the show.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Are these return busses at Pioneer Hall or do you have to take the FW internal bus to the front of FW first? Same question for cabs, do they drop/pick up at Pioneer Hall?
Yes, they are at the bus stop at Pioneer hall which is about 100-150 feet away from the actual building and it is very easy to find.

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

We are doing the HDD for the first time next month (Oooh, I got a chill just from saying that!), and am really looking forward to it. We're staying at the Contemporary, so I understand all we have to do is hop a boat to FW. Then we're going to try and hit the campfire afterwards.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

going to MK & taking the ferry to FW will involve one less connection than any other option, since the ferry will be close to the HDDR. To take a bus to any other park or TTC, AND THEN to FW, will drop you off on the entrance to FW, and will require FW's internal buses to drive you to Pioneer Hall. Not that long of a ride, but it does require another connection (plus, depending on which bus you catchn potential stops to drop off & pick up along the way).

If you must use WDW transportation (if a taxi is not an option), give yourself at least 90 minutes. You'll probably get there in 60, but better safe than sorry. Plus, if you get there early, that side of FW is scenic, picturesque; there are far worse places to have to kill time.

Upvote 0

TLS

Are these return busses at Pioneer Hall or do you have to take the FW internal bus to the front of FW first? Same question for cabs, do they drop/pick up at Pioneer Hall?

The bus stop is about as far from PH as the boat dock (not far), this is the internal FW bus stop. This bus takes you to the front of FW (either express or multi-stop), where you would get a bus to....well, wherever you wanted to go. You are usually required to bus to DTD to get a bus back to your resort. This is why the boat is the way to go....you just hop the boat back to MK and then get a bus to your resort. DTD is a PITA to transfer to/from IMO.

Upvote 0

trooper1917

Original Poster
The bus stop is about as far from PH as the boat dock (not far), this is the internal FW bus stop. This bus takes you to the front of FW (either express or multi-stop), where you would get a bus to....well, wherever you wanted to go. You are usually required to bus to DTD to get a bus back to your resort. This is why the boat is the way to go....you just hop the boat back to MK and then get a bus to your resort. DTD is a PITA to transfer to/from IMO.

OK htis is conflicting with other posts. Are the "direct to resorts" busses at Pioneer Hall or must you transfer internally and then to DTD?

Upvote 0

TLS

OK htis is conflicting with other posts. Are the "direct to resorts" busses at Pioneer Hall or must you transfer internally and then to DTD?

I don't think its conflicting....just how your reading it maybe?

The busses near PH are only going to take you to the front of FW....one is express the other has multiple stops.

When you get to the front of FW, you can then hop a bus to a park or DTD.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

I don't think its conflicting....just how your reading it maybe?

The busses near PH are only going to take you to the front of FW....one is express the other has multiple stops.

When you get to the front of FW, you can then hop a bus to a park or DTD.

Yes, while this is true for any other time of the day/night, after a HHD show they pull up special buses that will take you directly back to your resort.

Upvote 0

TLS

Yes, while this is true for any other time of the day/night, after a HHD show they pull up special buses that will take you directly back to your resort.

Wow...thats great. Never been there when they offered that, or had I heard of this...Sounds like a good idea though.

However, if it's anything like an all resort bus we were on once, it could take over an hour to get back to your resort. (they stop at ALL resorts, and in my case I was the last stop!)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom