Best Water Park with Younger Kids

Tom P.

Original Poster
Hi folks!

We're a short time away from our latest trip to Disney World. My wife and I will be taking our four children, who are ages 7, 5, 3, and 1. (However, the two youngest be about a month away from their birthdays when we go. So think 4 and 2 really.)

The last time we went, we only had 4 full days there, and so we focused on the four main parks only, and didn't even attempt to visit a water park. This time, we'll have 5 full days for the main parks, plus a sixth day which is actually a travel day but where we'll be there until about 5 pm. We don't have tickets to the main parks for that day, though, so we thought about a combination of Downtown Disney and one of the water parks.

So, here's my question: Which water park do we want to try? I know Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach both have kids' areas. But I've heard there are significant differences between them. Our oldest, a girl, tends to be a bit more timid. The younger ones, all boys, pretty much have no fear. :)

So what do you think? Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach?

Thanks,
Tom

belledream

BB has more slides that have height requirements and only allow people to ride "solo". TL has an awesome wave pool that the whole family can enjoy together, also water roller coasters that seat 2 people per cart. That would be my recommendation. There's just slightly more at TL where you can all be together!

Sabriel

In my experience, Blizzard Beach has a better dedicated area for babies and toddlers (though it's pretty dull for older kids) and the Ski Camp, which I would recommend for strong swimmers (particularly if they are interested in the zipline). As for Typhoon Lagoon, Ketchakiddee Creek is a good mix of both, but you wouldn't want to spend your entire day in just that section.

DisneyBaby823

BB has more slides that have height requirements and only allow people to ride "solo". TL has an awesome wave pool that the whole family can enjoy together, also water roller coasters that seat 2 people per cart. That would be my recommendation. There's just slightly more at TL where you can all be together!

So glad to hear this! I haven't been to TL since 2000 and absolutely plan to go next year!!!!!
We did BB in 2009 for the first time and ...eh. We spent all our time in the wave pool. I couldn't take the sun reflecting off all that fake snow, just too bright. I found it to inhibit my experience really.

Last edited:

CheshireCat12

I would recommend TL but I wouldn't take the littlest ones in the wave pool. Even where it is very shallow when the wave comes in it is very strong and can knock them over. Plus the bottom is textured (read: sandpaper-y)- ouch!

MaryJaneP

My vote is also for TL. Ketchakidde Creek is great for youngsters. Also Shark Reef walk through shows non-swimmers actual fish/sharks. Crushin' Gusher is great for everyone but the babies. Never saw height requirements but I do not doubt that there are some. Shark reef is cold water but a brief and fun swim. Wave pool is also great for everyone but babies. Wave pool has a slide area on the left side that gets it water from the wave pool but does have the sandy bottom as well. Long story short, TL!

P.S. Also love the donuts at TL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom