Best tour to take at Disney World?

BAD311

Original Poster
We have a spare day and want to take a tour of Disney World... We noticed there's like an 7 hour tour for $250 (I believe I get like 10-15% off as a passholder). What's everyone's favorite tour(s) and why?

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
I enjoyed Keys to the Kingdom. I thought it was overall a good value. About 5 to 6 hours, under $100, a mix of on and off stage, front of the line access to two attractions, and plenty of opportunities to ask the CM questions about anything (some stuff they won't answer) but every question I asked was answered.

DisAl

That is a little like asking what kind of car you should drive or what you should have for dinner tonight. I have only done two; the Keys to the Kingdom tour with my wife and the Magic Behind Our Steam Trains tour on my own. Both are excellent but totally different. The wife would have been totally bored on the train tour but I loved it (three times!). If you like Disney trivia, history, and want a look behind the scenes at the Magic Kingdom you will probably really enjoy the KTTK tour.

Tony the Tigger

Many options at widely varying price ranges.

I thought the Marceline tour was an exceptional value. There is overlap with the Keys To The Kingdom tour, but Marceline is much less expensive and a very manageable time frame.

KTTK is 5 hours but includes lunch and a visit to the utilidors.

I have seriously considered several other tours, but the wow factor/value ratio seems to be off for me.

I'm hoping either of the two bigger Epcot tours are as good as KTTK, but reviews haven't seemed to indicate they are. They seem to be rated more as "OK." I guess I'll never know until I go myself!

DisneyGigi

We were planning on doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour in 2015 but it was booked up. We did the Behind the Magic tour instead. It was way more cost wise but so worth it! It is 7 hours and that includes lunch at Whispering Canyon Cafe. You begin at Epcot, go behind the scenes there, to the nursery, you did go to the costuming at DHS, then and to the central shops, which was amazing! You also end at MK, taking in the utilidors, again- amazing and end at a saved spot to watch the parade at MK. I want to do it again because it is so much to take in. You can read about it on my 2015 trip report below. It is on page 2. Unfortunately most of my pictures are toast in the report because I used photobucket but I did post as much as I could remember about the tour.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...report-11-days-with-free-dining.904661/page-3

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Behind the Seeds is a relatively short tour compared to the others, but it's a real bargain, especially since you can get a passholder discount on it. One of the perks is you're allowed to take pictures on it. I enjoyed it because it's very informative AND you get to be in the greenhouse at The Land while other guests are riding Living With the Land around you.

nickys

Premium Member
I've loved both tours I've done. Keys to the World and the Epcot World Showcase one. I had fantastic CMs leading both, and that makes a huge difference.

I would chose one in a park you love, and on a subject you love, and be aware of the walking &/or time element where applicable. I have a feeling my DH would find both tiring, because of the amount of walking, although his interest in KTTW might keep him going. I did both with DS (@Age 16 and 21).

becca_

We were planning on doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour in 2015 but it was booked up. We did the Behind the Magic tour instead. It was way more cost wise but so worth it! It is 7 hours and that includes lunch at Whispering Canyon Cafe. You begin at Epcot, go behind the scenes there, to the nursery, you did go to the costuming at DHS, then and to the central shops, which was amazing! You also end at MK, taking in the utilidors, again- amazing and end at a saved spot to watch the parade at MK. I want to do it again because it is so much to take in. You can read about it on my 2015 trip report below. It is on page 2. Unfortunately most of my pictures are toast in the report because I used photobucket but I did post as much as I could remember about the tour.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...report-11-days-with-free-dining.904661/page-3
I did Behind the Magic tour as well, I really loved it!! Well worth the $ (IMO) :)

DisAl

Does the 7 hour multi-park Backstage Magic tour require separate park admission? The Steam Train and KTTK tours did when we did them but on the tour descriptions now it does not say anywhere that I can find.

ChristyKay

I've done Keys to the Kingdom and Wild Africa Trek. I loved Keys to the Kingdom because it was the first time I got to see backstage and I loved all of the history I learned. Wild Africa Trek was great because you got a close up of the safari, and like someone posted earlier, it's fun to see people on the ride watching you and wondering why you're so important.

ABQ

Does the 7 hour multi-park Backstage Magic tour require separate park admission? The Steam Train and KTTK tours did when we did them but on the tour descriptions now it does not say anywhere that I can find.
I don't think Backstage Magic required separate admission to the park(s). I've done that tour twice, 7 years apart, and loved it both times.

Courtney6682

Behind the Seeds is a relatively short tour compared to the others, but it's a real bargain, especially since you can get a passholder discount on it. One of the perks is you're allowed to take pictures on it. I enjoyed it because it's very informative AND you get to be in the greenhouse at The Land while other guests are riding Living With the Land around you.

How long is the tour?

DisneyGigi

I don't think Backstage Magic required separate admission to the park(s). I've done that tour twice, 7 years apart, and loved it both times.
It did not in 2015. They make you exit the park at MK, since you did not have to have a ticket to enter. If you plan on staying at MK, you have to leave with thw group to the bus, then reenter.

Smiley/OCD

My DW & DD have both taken the Keys to the Kingdom tour and loved it...We as a family have taken the Behind the Seeds tour...if you've got a green thumb, or just an interest in gardening, you will enjoy that one as well. The BEST tour I've taken, which is no longer given, was the Around the World at Epcot tour...on a Segway...that was the BEST!!! I'm sorry it's gone!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom