Best time to visit the Food and Wine Festival

Cartoons626

Hello :)

My family will be visiting WDW this September and wanted to check out the Food and Wine festival but I'm trying to plan which days it would be best to go crowd wise.

Based on your own experiences which would be the best time to go?
I've heard they sometimes have a soft opening the day before which can more quite?
We can basically go any time from the festival opening until the 21st of Sep.
I know it will be really busy all those dates but are there any days I should really avoid going e.g. is opening day very bad?

Thank you for any advice

(I posted this post In another forum (the rumors... one) by mistake, how do I delete it? Thank you)

The Mom

Premium Member
Hello :)

My family will be visiting WDW this September and wanted to check out the Food and Wine festival but I'm trying to plan which days it would be best to go crowd wise.

Based on your own experiences which would be the best time to go?
I've heard they sometimes have a soft opening the day before which can more quite?
We can basically go any time from the festival opening until the 21st of Sep.
I know it will be really busy all those dates but are there any days I should really avoid going e.g. is opening day very bad?

Thank you for any advice

(I posted this post In another forum (the rumors... one) by mistake, how do I delete it? Thank you)

I took care of that^^^ for you. ;)

I think most people will agree that if you can avoid the weekend and go during the middle of the week it will be less crowded.

Upvote 0

bee

Go during the week and not on the weekend as @The Mom suggested, and start at the kiosks as soon as World Showcase opens at 11:00am. If you want to do special events (tours, culinary demonstrations, etc.) try to schedule those later in the day so you can enjoy the booths before the lines get long. If you have hoppers I would also suggest doing 2-3 mornings/early afternoons in Epcot and then spending those evenings at other parks so you can try everything you want to try and avoid the worst crowds. Have fun!

Upvote 0

Mickey5150

I do the F&W every year in late Sept, early Oct and most times arrive on a Thurs. Do F&W on Thurs and Fri before 3pm, after that I don't go back until at least Sunday after 6pm. I've been there opening weekend as well and really as long as you skip Fri 6pm until Sunday 6pm the lines are all pretty good. If you have to be there on a weekend I've noticed the back of WS really gets crowded by noon or 1pm, but closer to FW can be manageable as everyone heads to the back.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Yes, there may be a soft opening for some of the kiosks the day or so beforehand. No guarantee, but I believe that has been the trend over the last few years. Don't count on it, but it may happen. Otherwise any weekday, earlier rather than later will have less lines. Just like suggestions to finding shorter lines at CS locations or better odds of getting an ADR at a TS location, avoid the times when most people will want to eat. Spend the afternoon snacking around the world, tends to work better than trying to grab a bunch of food/drinks at dinner time.

Upvote 0

Cartoons626

Original Poster
Thank you for all the replys, we will aim to go durring the weekdays and avoid the weekend and opening day. There are extra magic hours the day after opening for epcot, I'm hoping that might be a good time to go. We will be sure to try and do it early in the morning as well.

Thank you again for all the great tips :)

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Thank you for all the replys, we will aim to go durring the weekdays and avoid the weekend and opening day. There are extra magic hours the day after opening for epcot, I'm hoping that might be a good time to go. We will be sure to try and do it early in the morning as well.

Thank you again for all the great tips :)
Just an FYI...the food and beverage kiosks do not open until 11 a.m.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom