Best time to go for F&W festival?

PrincessL

Trying to talk DH into going to WDW for Epcot's F&W festival to celebrate 10 years of marriage:inlove: DH said to put some numbers together to discuss further. So, we are looking at a long weekend 4 nights this fall. We are not working around school schedule since it's just the two of us... what's your opinion of best weeks to go? Also, where do you like to stay? Thanks!

Edit: We'll be at WDW 5/28 would it be smart/good deal to book the bounce back offer then? How does that work? Or is that too last min?

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Trying to talk DH into going to WDW for Epcot's F&W festival to celebrate 10 years of marriage:inlove: DH said to put some numbers together to discuss further. So, we are looking at a long weekend 4 nights this fall. We are not working around school schedule since it's just the two of us... what's your opinion of best weeks to go? Also, where do you like to stay? Thanks!

The two times we have gone we have arranged it so we can hit F&W mid-week so we beat the really heavy weekend crowds. Depending on how soon you need to book you might want to look at the event schedule for the festival when it is released. There are different concerts, special events and speakers at various times during the festival.

I am a big fan of the Swan and Dolphin, especially for F&W since it give easy access to Epcot a price that is usually lower then the other Epcot area resorts. The S&D also do their own F&W festival each year which will be Oct 27 and 28 in 2017.

Upvote 0

Rob562

I second the vote to try and arrange your visit to include Monday-Thursday visits. The crowds will be significantly smaller. And if you have to include a weekend, Friday during the day will be best, with crowds increasing as evening approaches and locals get out of work.

-Rob

Upvote 0

PrincessL

Original Poster
The two times we have gone we have arranged it so we can hit F&W mid-week so we beat the really heavy weekend crowds. Depending on how soon you need to book you might want to look at the event schedule for the festival when it is released. There are different concerts, special events and speakers at various times during the festival.

I am a big fan of the Swan and Dolphin, especially for F&W since it give easy access to Epcot a price that is usually lower then the other Epcot area resorts. The S&D also do their own F&W festival each year which will be Oct 27 and 28 in 2017.
Thanks for the info! I was actually looking at S&D through Costco travel pkg. In your experience where have you found the best price for S&D?

Upvote 0

Tebo

My wife and I went on a Friday earlier in November 2015 . We visited 10 or so booths from 11:30 to 3ish and never had much of any wait. later at night it did get a little busier but did not seam to bad.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom