Best table service at MK

allisonmomofthree

Original Poster
We're going in September and I'm wonder where you would suggest eating for dinner? We've never been so we're up for suggestions :) Right now we have a reservation at the crystal palace.. There are 5 of us, 3 kids and 2 adults.. Any advice would be appreciated :) I have tried to get into the cinderella's royal table, but no luck :( Thanks so much!

hanwill

There are lots of places to choose from inside the MK! Try Be Our Guest, but it will be really hard to get. You can try the Plaza, Tony's Town Square, Crystal Palace or Liberty Tree Tavern... The Plaza is our favorite... but they are all good. Good luck planning. If you cannot get dinner, try breakfast or lunch there too...

DisneyDreamer08

We ate at CRT on our last trip. Our 4 year loved it (of course) but we found it to be very over priced and our meal was extremely rushed and chaotic. Glad we did it once, but never again :)

A few years ago, we ate at both Liberty Tree and Tony's. Both were very good, just depends on what kind of food you like. Crystal Plaza always gets great reviews so I would suggest sticking with that one. And trying BOG if you can. The quick service lunch seems to be preferred by most people over the TS dinner. On our last trip, we popped in just to check it out and instead of eating a full meal, just got a few cupcakes. We have lunch ADRs for our Sept trip and can't wait!

belledream

Be Our Guest is our favorite for food and atmosphere. That'd be my recommendation if you can get it. Crystal Palace is a great choice too, however. Beautiful character buffet that has something for everyone.

I'd also recommend Liberty Tree for lunch (not dinner, unless the Thanksgiving-y menu speaks to you) and Plaza is great on a budget.

Tony's is okay on food, but if you have any Lady and the Tramp fans, it's the place to be.

Jay & Sue

The almost new Skipper Canteen is very good. It is located near the Jungle Cruise. Dining is tailored more towards the adults but the kids, if a bit older, should enjoy it also. The restaurant is comfy, the food is good, the crew is great, and the theming is fantastic.

Last edited:

danyoung56

If you don't mind leaving the MK for dinner, you might want to consider the restaurants in the MK hotels, all of which are just a monorail or boat ride away. I really enjoy Narcoosee's in the Grand Floridian. And the California Grill up on top of the Contemporary Resort is my favorite restaurant on the planet. Both are a bit pricy, but both are really great dining experiences.

jpittore1

If you're wanting a character meal for the children. Take the hotel monorail to the Grand Floridian to 1900 buffet. Breakfast usually has the Mad Hatter, Alice, Tigger and Mary Poppins. Dinner usually has Cinderella, Prince Charming and the ugly step sisters.

allisonmomofthree

Original Poster
If you're wanting a character meal for the children. Take the hotel monorail to the Grand Floridian to 1900 buffet. Breakfast usually has the Mad Hatter, Alice, Tigger and Mary Poppins. Dinner usually has Cinderella, Prince Charming and the ugly step sisters.

That's a good idea.. we were thinking mk since we'll be there for the MNSSHP that night :)

allisonmomofthree

Original Poster
If you don't mind leaving the MK for dinner, you might want to consider the restaurants in the MK hotels, all of which are just a monorail or boat ride away. I really enjoy Narcoosee's in the Grand Floridian. And the California Grill up on top of the Contemporary Resort is my favorite restaurant on the planet. Both are a bit pricy, but both are really great dining experiences.

Do they accept the dining plan?

JIMINYCR

Another recommendation for Liberty Tree Tavern as a dinner choice, if BOG isnt available to you. LTT gives a nice platter of food, all you can eat, ... Turkey, Pot Roast & Ham, with mashed potatoes, green beans & stuffing. A meal that can fill up a family of five.

bethymouse

The almost new Skipper Canteen is very good. It is located near the Jungle Cruise. Dining is tailored more towards the adults but the kids, if a bit older, should enjoy it also. The restaurant is comfy, the food is good, the crew is great, and the theming is fantastic.
I don't think they take reservations though. So, how do you snag a dinner time?:confused:

Jay & Sue

I don't think they take reservations though. So, how do you snag a dinner time?:confused:
When Sue and I were there last month they were not taking reservations. I am not sure if they do now. We arrived at the podium and got seated after about a five minute wait. By the time we were finished eating, the restaurant was full and people were waiting. We usually try to eat about 4 to 5:00pm. With just one dinner there, it has become our favorite restaurant in the Magic Kingdom. We used to eat at Pecos Bills but that has been dropped from our list. The burgers at Pecos Bills now are $13.99. You no longer get fries (you get chips instead) nor the nice fixins bar with the cooked onions and mushrooms etc.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom