Best sounding/recognizable voice at the parks......

Best sounding/most recognizable voice in the parks....

• Ghost Host-HM

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Albert Awol-Jungle Cruise

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Kevin Miles-Monorail

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • Jack Wagner- Monorail

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Jeremy Irons-Spaceship Earth

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • Walter Kronkite-Spaceship Earth

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Thurl Ravenscroft- various voices:HM,Tiki Room, etc.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • Mel Blanc-Carousel of Progress

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Rex Allen-Carousel of Progress

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Jean Shepherd-Carousel of Progress

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Other....

Votes: 11 8.2%

• Total voters

gettingsmaller

Who is the guy who voices the bus audio ("in just a few moments, we'll be arriving at Disney's Magic Kingdom"--or however that goes)?

To me, he IS the voice of Disney... I'm fairly certain that he's the voice that you hear on a lot of "external" Disney things (movie trailers, etc.).

Ilovewishes

For me, the most Disney-fied voice will always be Jiminy Cricket. I get goosebumps every time I hear him, usually because he is announcing the start of Wishes or Spectro!

You just can't beat the Cricket!:D

Dads 2 Boys

MORAGN FREEMAN! Hall of presidents
:sohappy:

Why is that not an option!!!:shrug::confused:

I love the monorail dudes voice. I also loved it in 2006 when stich took over! :)

This certainly my vote!!!! His voice is amazing and resonates with class and is so distinguished. :sohappy:

fredtom

Jack Wagner will always be the one for me, even though he's not so present anymore. Growing up he was WDW (and DL too!). From the monorail to the ride instructions just about everywhere in MK even to the old WDW Radio as you drove up World Drive for the first and last part of the trip.

Yes, we even used to love it when Jack Wagner's voice was heard on the trains at Orlando International... Too bad they changed to a new recording over a year or so ago.

"An Adventurer's life is best! :lol:

NX2I85

I really like the Ghost Host. Yet my favorite WDW "voice" is Jiminy Cricket as the MK night time entertainment gets cranked up.

Besides Corey Burton, don't forget all the other voices who bring our beloved disney characters to life in the theme parks:

-the late Wayne Allwine
-Mickey's new voice Bret Iwan
-Russi Taylor
-Tony Anselmo
-Bill Farmer
-Jason Marsden
-the late Eddie Carroll
-Sam Wright
-Jodi Benson
-Tress McNeille
-Rob Paulsen

What about Dallas McKennon? He voices Big Thunder Mountain and Ben Franklin in American Adventure. He did voice work in many cartoons and movies from the 50s - 70s including Disney features. His voice is very recognizable when you hear it.

jeffk410

Which voice actor had the original track for the monorail?
Was it Jack Wagner? I feel like that ones ringing a bell.

dweezil78

Jack Wagner was indeed the first voice of the monorail at WDW. He also was the original voice on the WEDWAY (though I don't really remember it). You can still hear his classic "Please Remain Seated" spiel at the Matterhorn here in DL when the ride is over. He also did the park opening and closing speeches. I'm pretty certain Disneyland still uses them but not sure of the other parks.

To me Jack Wagner will ALWAYS be the voice of DL and WDW. I love the original EPCOT Center intro he did, I still listen to it frequently (Thank you Martin!). There's just something so great about his voice -- a Disney-ish quality that is hard to explain.

I truly hope Jack and Thurl have gone on to become the voices of the magic kingdom up in the sky... :)

Be sure to read more about him on wikipedia, you'll be amazed at how much he did: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Wagner_(announcer)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom