Best restuarant for a 18th B-Day Celebration?

Shaman

Gather 'round Disney aficionados....

Ok...today at work someone asked me a question about Disney (since most know I'm a fan)...they asked me, "What restuarant is the best to celebrate a birthday for an 18 year old male at Disney?"

Not expecting a Disney question (and half asleep)....I thought for second and I answered ESPN Club at the Boardwalk...and then said I'd get back to her with more choices....

So I'll ask the same question here, to see the responses....and pass them on to the person who asked me at work...

:)

Blizz

Well I would say the best for an 18 year old guy is Hoot... oh wait, thats not disney...

Anywho, id say go for the best steak on property... Le Cellie!

Runner up: House of Blues

Upvote 0

DDuckFan130

Hey Oz!

Well, if it's for a guy, then I'd understand why you'd say ESPN club. That's a good choice. Besides that, it really depends on taste. If the person is into the characters, a character breakfast would be good like at O'hana's, or a character lunch at Garden Grille. If the person isn't into that kind of thing, what about these: California Grill, 50's Prime Time, Le Cellier, Coral Reef, Planet Hollywood, Wolfgang Puck's...I think I've named a lot :lol:. Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

DigitalDisney

House of Blues is good, especially if there's a good concert playing
Yachtsmans Steakhouse is upscale and expensive, but has excellent steaks
ESPN Club is fun
California Grill has good food and a great view

If all else fails, there's always Midieval Times or Pondarosa

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Depends what they like...Concourse Steakhouse in the Contemporary is good.
What about EPCOT...Marrakesh has good food and a belly dancer, I'm sure if you mention his birthday she will dance on over. :animwink:
Maybe Japanese?

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

tigsmom said:
Depends what they like...Concourse Steakhouse in the Contemporary is good.
What about EPCOT...Marrakesh has good food and a belly dancer, I'm sure if you mention his birthday she will dance on over. :animwink:
Maybe Japanese?

Yes, the belly dancer did "come on over" for my 20th birthday, and she brought me out on the stage. Which was embarrassing, yet fun and memorable. Good times indeed.

Upvote 0

tigger248

It's kinda funny because the first thought that popped into my mind was ESPN Club before I even read to the end of the first post. Other than that, I would say it really depends on what he likes or what his interests are. Sci Fi Dine In would be another good choice, especially if he likes cars. A family favorite of ours though is the 50's Prime Time Cafe.

Upvote 0

JTFerret

Victoria and Albert's over at the Grand Floridian is a great place to eat and have wine and what? Oh you want to know for an 18 year old? I thought you meant for my birthday! <:')

At the Wilderness Lodge I can't remember the restaurant where you ask for ketchup and they all yell "ketchup" and bring you 20 bottles. That would be fun for a birthday. Or Hoop de doo music revue. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

DDuckFan130

bhg469 said:
I would go to bongos at downtown disney. it has really good food plus it is kind of a party atomosphere
:lol: Coming from Miami, I've grown up around this kind of food, and I'm not even Cuban. But I have relatives that are. I can tell you from a personal standpoint, the food at Bongo's is nothing special. You can get better food down here at one of our local Cuban restaurants. But I guess for people who haven't eaten that stuff their whole lives (like Arroz con Pollo, ropa vieja) it can be good.

Sorry, I had to comment on that :lol:.

Upvote 0

bhg469

DDuckFan130 said:
:lol: Coming from Miami, I've grown up around this kind of food, and I'm not even Cuban. But I have relatives that are. I can tell you from a personal standpoint, the food at Bongo's is nothing special. You can get better food down here at one of our local Cuban restaurants. But I guess for people who haven't eaten that stuff their whole lives (like Arroz con Pollo, ropa vieja) it can be good.

yeah im in buffalo met one cuban my whole life! but other than that the atmosphere is still pretty wild and fun thats really why i mentioned it, it would be a cool place for a party

Upvote 0

Shaman

Original Poster
DDuckFan130 said:

Ain't that the truth...my grandma makes better food....lol

I think the quality of food at Bongos has decreased over the years...there's still a nice atmosphere in there though...although the loud music is a bit annoying when one is eating...

Thanks for all the suggestions (and keep them coming)...I will pass them along....

Upvote 0

DDuckFan130

objr said:
Ain't that the truth...my grandma makes better food....lol

I think the quality of food at Bongos has decreased over the years...there's still a nice atmosphere in there though...although the loud music is a bit annoying when one is eating...

Thanks for all the suggestions (and keep them coming)...I will pass them along....

:lol: Yeah it can definitely be a good party atmosphere. But my godmother (who is Nicaraguan but she married a Cuban so now she's both :lol: ) makes the best Arroz con Pollo :slurp: .

Upvote 0

SpenceMan01

JTFerret said:
At the Wilderness Lodge I can't remember the restaurant where you ask for ketchup and they all yell "ketchup" and bring you 20 bottles. That would be fun for a birthday. Or Hoop de doo music revue. :sohappy:
Whispering Canyon Cafe?

I honestly wish I could help, but I haven't been to all that many restaurants at WDW. :( Only the Akershus in Epcot. I'm 21 and I've always wanted to go to the Sci-fi drive in, but I don't know if the seating in the cars would be good for a party. I think they have non-car seating too, but that's gotta be half the fun. Depending on his tastes, the Biergarten in the Germany Pavillion at Epcot. The atmosphere was pretty cool and it's all you can eat....for that bottomless pit, aka an 18 year old male stomach. :animwink:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom