Best restaurant and snacks on dining plan

ajmellu7

Original Poster
What are the best snacks that we can get on the dining plan? When we have looked at the dining plan it gives about 4/5 examples of what snacks are available but no more so wondering what people advised and where to get them?

Also, what restaurants would you advise to go to on the dining plan?

Thanks in advance

JillC LI

These are questions that you could get a hundred different answers to from people. I recommend you check out the menus of the restaurants and see what appeals to you. Everyone has their faves. Do you want a character meal? Romantic setting? Steakhouse? Buffet? There are so many great places to go. Some of my personal favorites include Kona Cafe for breakfast (the infamous Tonga Toast and pineapple macadamia nut pancakes), Rose & Crown at EPCOT for dinner during IllumiNations, 'Ohana for dinner, 1900 Park Fare for breakfast with the Mad Hatter and others, and the Biergarten in the Germay Pavillion.

As for snacks, there is the ever famous Dole Whip Float (it would not be a trip to WDW for me without one), there are cream cheese pretzels, ice cream sandwiches made to order with fresh cookies, cupcakes, Mickey bars, popcorn, goodies at Karamelle Kuche in Germany, etc. etc. etc. The list is endless! There's a post somewhere around here with hundreds of items.

ajmellu7

Original Poster
Thanks, I know everyone has their own ideas and thoughts, was just looking for advice! I won't be eating in the rose and crown though, there is one at the bottom of my road as I am from England!!

Where is the post with the items? Where can I locate it?

JillC LI

I use this link for all the WDW menus: http://allears.net/dining/menu
Understandable about you skipping R&C Pub under the circumstances. We like it for the easy viewing of IllumiNations without having to stand and reserve a spot outside as much as for the food.

Dafid Duck

You can use the search tool on this forum and get hundreds of posting results just by putting in one word, like "snacks". Try being more specific, like "best value snack", "must do snacks" or "favorite restaurant" and you'll be amazed by the results.

Figaro928

I read somewhere that Whispering Caynon Cafe was one of the best values for a table service mainly because their MILKSHAKES are counted as a drink item. Can anyone verify this?

JillC LI

Yes, milkshakes here are included as a drink on the DDP. I'm not sure if that makes it one of the best values although it is nice. You can eat as much as you'd like here if you order the Skillet which probably makes it a good bang for your buck.

DisneyJunkie

For the restaurants you should select on the Dining Plan (and note these aren't all table service only): Biergarten, Nine Dragons, Coral Reef, Crystal Palace (breakfast), Whispering Canyon, Cosmic Ray's, Pecos Bill's, Pizzafari, Backlot Express.

As far as snacks, sure.....you can get ice cream, drinks, candy, popcorn, etc.....but I prefer to use my snacks for the coke or rootbeer floats. They're great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom