Best places to view 'Wishes' in Magic Kingdom?

SamJYung

Just trying to figure out where the best spot is to watch 'Wishes'. I'm not overly bothered about being right up in front of the castle, as I think some of the fireworks actually look better for that 'photo' shot further away.

This video shows a view that would be ideal for us, is this in the main hub section, but a little further back?

What would you say is the best place to view 'Wishes'? Any tips? I've read some tips that say to watch the fireworks from different angles, like behind, but as It's our first time, I'd rather watch it how it is intended with the fireworks in symmetry to the castle

belledream

Would definitely recommend watching it in front of the castle for the first time. Afterwards, you can explore different vantage points. We caught it whilst on 7DMT one time, and exited the ride to fireworks shooting off all around us at New Fantasyland. Surreal experience!

Upvote 0

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
We too caught them on 7D, but ours was during our second MNSSHP last year and we exited the rides path just in time for the Perimeter shots and grand finale.

Upvote 0

DisneyDreamer08

I try to avoid the crowds so I tend to try to find obscure places. Normally the bridge and/or the entrance area of Tomorrowland isn't that bad of a spot to watch them.

We are hoping for a less crowded spot when we are there at the end of Sept, mainly because our girls are 5 and 1 and we don't want to camp out much more than 15 or 20 minutes in advance. The night we are going, fireworks are at 8, and there is no parade that night. If we find a spot on the tomorrowland side like you suggested, what will it be like trying to exit the park right after?

Upvote 0

SamJYung

Original Poster
Does anyone know where abouts the camera man was in relation to the castle in the video I posted? That's the kind of vantage spot I want for the first time. Don't mind waiting around prior to the show before hand within reason

Upvote 0

RMichael21

Does anyone know where abouts the camera man was in relation to the castle in the video I posted? That's the kind of vantage spot I want for the first time. Don't mind waiting around prior to the show before hand within reason
I believe that's right where Main Street and the hub meet, but that area will be EXTREMELY congested/crowded, so you'll have to "camp out" for a spot like that. Also, keep in mind, the castle blocks a few of the fireworks (actually quite a lot of them). On the tomorrowland bridge, you can't really see the castle, but can see all of the fireworks straight ahead in all of their glory. That's why that spot is never crowded until about 20-30 minutes before show time, because the trees block the castle so people don't think that they'll be able to see the fireworks for some reason.

The only disadvantage to the Tomorrowland bridge is that you can't see Celebrate the Magic.

Upvote 0

YozhikRoth

I used a FP for wishes, which is in one of two areas just in front of the Crystal Palace. I had enough room to set up a small tripod, and there was enough room that the tripod wasn't interfering with any guests.
IMG_0391.JPG
IMG_0408.JPG

Upvote 0

RMichael21

I used a FP for wishes, which is in one of two areas just in front of the Crystal Palace. I had enough room to set up a small tripod, and there was enough room that the tripod wasn't interfering with any guests.View attachment 155547 View attachment 155548
I'm pretty sure they don't offer FP for the fireworks anymore, correct? Those two lawns are open to anyone, according to my understanding. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Upvote 0

BackOTheLine

We've watched them a couple of times from behind the carousel. Not the best "view" per say - but we liked it because it wasn't very crowded. We would usually find a seat on the benches that run along back there and our daughter would dance around in the open area. It was also nice because we could take our time and let all the crowds clear from the front of the park as we strolled out. Again - not the best view but for us the most relaxing experience.

Upvote 0

Foltzy

We normally watch them from Main Street Station. You'll need to get there at 8:30 as front can go pretty quickly. However, you can watch the 9 night parade and celebrate the magic at 945.
Then you'll have a perfect view of the castle and the fireworks.

This year we did that and then the next day we caught them from atop Astro Orbiter. That was really cool

Upvote 0

patch553

last visit we caught it whilst riding on dumbo,it was an unexpected delight and surprised us where all the fireworks are set off from. weve also done the wishes dessert party which was also a great view

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Thunder Mountain and Main Street train depot are the best, in my opinion. Contrary to what people think, the further back, the better the overall view since you can see everything. The best fireworks watching spot for me was the marina at GF for the 4th of July fireworks. Those were the 360 degree ones and they were amazing at that distance. I've stood right in front of the Castle... not a good spot. My neck really hurt after that.

Upvote 0

allgiggles

Just trying to figure out where the best spot is to watch 'Wishes'. I'm not overly bothered about being right up in front of the castle, as I think some of the fireworks actually look better for that 'photo' shot further away.

This video shows a view that would be ideal for us, is this in the main hub section, but a little further back?

What would you say is the best place to view 'Wishes'? Any tips? I've read some tips that say to watch the fireworks from different angles, like behind, but as It's our first time, I'd rather watch it how it is intended with the fireworks in symmetry to the castle

I think everyone should watch wishes from straight in front of the castle at least once. It's really the only way to get the full effect of the show. We've watched from several different locations in the park, but my favorite is still Main Street. We've watched it from midway down Main Street (near Starbucks/Main Street Bakery) and also right at the end of Main Street by the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor. The end of Main Street is my favorite spot to watch from. And leaving the park wasn't bad because we were still ahead of the majority of the crowds. Our view was very similar to the ones in the video.

Upvote 0

SamJYung

Original Poster
I think as It's our first time viewing Wishes, (I may of seen it when I was very young, around 7 or 8 but don't remember..) we'd like to view it from the front of the castle. Not the VERY front mind you, but at least before Main Street starts I think. So more like at the very end of the Hub. How long will we be expected to 'camp out' for a spot here do you guys think?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom