Best place to view Wishes (other than Main St or Castle)

wsmith1978

Original Poster
Does anyone have any favorite spots in the park to view Wishes? It occurred to me that my partner and I have always watched it from right in front of the castle, but there are probably countless places within the park that would be just as magical. Anyone have any favorite spots to watch, that might not be as crowded, or offer a totally different perspective?

nepalostparks

Does anyone have any favorite spots in the park to view Wishes? It occurred to me that my partner and I have always watched it from right in front of the castle, but there are probably countless places within the park that would be just as magical. Anyone have any favorite spots to watch, that might not be as crowded, or offer a totally different perspective?

We've viewed Wishes several times from the point near where Liberty Square and Frontierland meet. You get to see the castle fireworks in the foreground, and the main fireworks over the Hall of Presidents and other Liberty Square buildings. It's usually much less crowded.

luv

Right smack dab in front of the castle is really too close. A little further down on Main Street is best.

The Wishes dessert party offers excellent viewing.

Standing at the railing at the beginning of the Tomorrowland bridge is great, but those spots go early. The train station is excellent, of course...but who wants to show up early enough to sit there?!

Really, anywhere in the general hub area is good, as long as you aren't too close and there aren't trees blocking the view over the castle.

plaz10

I've heard...

Polynesian Beach
Grand Floridian Beach
California Grill
Behind the Castle
Train Station at MK

But the best view (and the way the show is meant to be viewed - IMO) is from Main St. in front of the castle (not too close).

minniemickeyfan

We've viewed Wishes several times from the point near where Liberty Square and Frontierland meet. You get to see the castle fireworks in the foreground, and the main fireworks over the Hall of Presidents and other Liberty Square buildings. It's usually much less crowded.

Agreed. Nice spot that's not very crowded.

Villains0501

The area in between the Fantasyland construction walls and the Pooh ride offers a great view of the fireworks. There are hardly any crowds, and the location is close enough to the Castle that you can hear most of the show's music.

rickdrat

We were there a couple of weeks ago when crowds were moderate. After a late dinner at Crystal Palace, we walked out and found a nice spot at the railing right outside the restaurant while crowds were watching the Electrical Parade. After a brief 20 minute wait, we had a beautiful, unobstructed view of Wishes with the added bonus of some lovely reflections off the water. The only minus would be, as previously mentioned, you're slightly off center from what would be considered the "ideal" line of sight.

Cosmic Commando

Another vote for Fantasyland. I discovered it by accident when I came out the Philharmagic exit right during the finale of Wishes. It really almost feels like a different show. A lot of the show, your head is going back and forth like a tennis match between the castle pyro and the big shells launched from behind Fantasyland. It's all worth it, though, for the finale: you feel completely surrounded by fireworks and it's amazing! If you haven't done it, try it once.

BuzzGoofy

When I was there last (Sep 2011) my daughter and I watched from the smoking area to the right of the bridge when looking at the castle. Down in front of the Ice Cream shop. We had a fairly good view and were able to sit on a chair. A bit off center, but not too bad.

DisneyDude10

Sounds like someone should take a photo of the fantasyland spot! I can see how the show would be different. We will be at the world for the 4th of July fireworks on the 3rd and the 4th. We are planning on trying out the show on the 3rd from the Poly beach spot, but we have been debating on where to be for the fireworks show on the 4th. I'm just going to assume the best spot for wishes would also be the best spot for the festivities on the fourth!

<3caseyscorner

picture.php

Wishes Dessert Party!! BEST VIEW EVER!!!:sohappy:

The Empress Lilly

The most unique spot to ever watch Wishes is from the top floor of this hotel off-site. Surprisingly, if you just look al the way left out of your window, you can see the castle and all the launch areas, much closer than expected and from a unique perspective.

The worst way to do it is to discover this the morning you leave and realise you missed out on it for two whole weeks. :cry: :cry:

Slipknot

In the park: Frontierland (the dock that borders River's of America and the exit area of BTMR).

Out of the park: one of the windows in my apartment.

dannyboyindc

Without question, the best spot within the park (at least for the general public) are the seats and tables that sit outside the Plaza Restaurant. Last time we went, we chose a table about an hour beforehand, got Casey's, sat and talked, and then had an absolutely perfect and unobstructed view of MM&Y and Wishes. Nobody in front of us (there's a gate with shrubs), and we had seats!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom