best park at WDW

animal_king1990

Original Poster
Personally, I like Animal Kingdom because of its tranquil feel and lush atmosphere. The music there also adds a lot to the whole "feel" of the park. Last time we went, we saw the Lion King show, and spent the whole day cruising through the walkthrough exhibits and rode the E-tickets as well like Kali River Rapids and Killimanjaro Safaris. I was expecting DINOSAUR to be like IJ, but I was wrong! It was actually a completely different experience and I'm glad I went on it. Overall, I like the park becuase of the theming and atmoshpere because it makes you feel relaxed and in tune with nature. Epcot comes really close because it makes me feel relaxed as well when I'm leisurely walking through the World Showcase. Although short on rides, the World Showcase is really something and you can easily spend a whole day learning about different countries. Some people might find Epcot "boring" (e.g Simpsons), but I find it an interesting way of learning.

CThaddeus

animal_king1990 said:
But if you've been to Disneyland before, won't you find Magic Kingdom boring? I know that it has a better Splash Mountain and BTMRR, but there's not as much E tickets at MK. Also, don't you guys like Animal Kingdom as well? It has quite a few E-tickets and excellent theming.

As someone who lives just minutes from Disneyland and has been to Disney World three times, I can say I don't find the Magic Kingdom boring. Each has things that are unique to it, and each has attractions that are better than the other. In fact, if I were to rate the Disney World Parks, I would currently put Magic Kingdom at the top of the list. It pains me to do it, though, as I fell in love with EPCOT the first time I visited. Future World alone made EPCOT the perfect Park - Spaceship Earth, Horizons, Cranium Command, Journey Into Imagination, Circle of Life, Food Rocks!, World of Motion - there were so many wonderful and unique attractions there. Today, though, there's very little left of that Park I fell in love with. Spaceship Earth and Circle of Life are all that remain of that original list today, and the threats of the end of Spaceship Earth are constant. At least the American Adventure is alive and well...or is it? You never know what's next to be gutted and turned into a lame thrill ride like Test Track.
EPCOT still rates a firm #2 in my book, with Disney-MGM Studios a distant third (still not enough to do there), and Animal Kingdom 4th (though if Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon can be included, AK might drop to 6th!). I'm not a big fan of Animal Kingdom yet - It's Tough to Be a Bug is great, as is Festival of the Lion King, but theming alone just doesn't cut it for the rest of the Park. The whole "Natahzu" is a joke, as it really only is just a zoo with a few attractions scattered throughout. I like zoos, but I guess that's just not what I go to a Disney Park for, especially if they're trying to tout it as something else.

Epcot4ME

I also have different favorites for various reasons. MK is the signature park that was there in '76 when I went as a nine-year-old. It has changed quite a bit- Mainstreet is now mostly one big store ( I used to love the magic shop) The WEDway people mover is now TTA (ugh). 20K leagues is defunct.... I do like the redo on Tommorrowland. It's much more interesting in the "Industrial Future" scheme. I miss Mission to Mars. MK is a nostalgic trip down memory lane.

Epcot has always been my favorite park, even though it seems Disney tried to kill it from time to time. I wish they'd get back to more futuristic stuff in Innoventions instead of Internet stuff.

MGM is cool, but too small. I like the themeing but I can do that park in 5 hours (I don't ride coasters so I miss some of that).

I've only been to AK once, back in Aug of 2003. We stayed only 30 minutes and the wife banned it from our trips indefinitely. I'm trying to get her back this year (we'll be there from Dec 18th through the 22nd) since it will be much cooler and our 10 year old daughter wants to see it.

Favorite? Epcot
Best spent day? MK
Best half day? MGM
No Days at all? AK

lebeau

The parks are apples and oranges and erm, pears and bananas. You can't really compare them. They are each going to have their appeal to different groups. Being a movie fan, Disney Studios is my favorite. But I'll be the first to say that it is the least cohesively themed. And in terms of rides, it can be a bit thin.

For atmosphere, you can't beat the lush AK. And with EE, it's finally starting to fill out in terms of rides. For family fun, MK has it all. And for more sophisticated and adult entertainment, Epcot is a unique experience.

mountainmaster1

MGM, because it truly creates a feeling of what you would think Hollywood was like in th 1930s. Not to mention TOT, RnRC, Star Tours, Indiana Jones, and Fantasmic.

Epcot would be a close second, with the recent additions of MS and Soarin', both of which are amazing.

GoofyMom2

HunnyPot said:
I personally think Magic Kingdom is the best park, mainly because I love it so much! To me, you can't go to WDW without visiting MK. It's just part of the magic of going to WDW. I also really like Disney Studios and Epcot. I like all the parks though. IMO, MK is the best.

Hope you enjoy your trip when you go! :wave:

Last Aug we went with my DH since he was there on a business trip. We didn't go to MK because part of the deal of going for the few days was not going to MK without him because he wanted to see the kids faces when they saw the castle for the first time. Since we had a trip planned in April we complied. You are right.....while we had a great time we def missed some Magic not going to MK!

For us, AK is second....we are all animal lovers and Disney knew how to add their special Magic to that park as well. It has it all, rides, entertanment, unique food, Magic everywhere, and 1st class animal exibits. We have spent 3 days there and have yet to do it all (can ya tell we like to linger in certain areas?)

But, all was made right in April, and my DH got to experience it with the kids..... :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom