Best movie of the 90s

Bparso87

Original Poster
What a great decade for movie think of 1994 alone with pulp fiction,the lion king,shawshank redemption and Forrest Gump. What was your favorite movie of the 90s

BigTxEars

For some odd reason I just love Robin Hood, the one with Costner. Now it's not a great movie but it's so 1990s to me it makes me remember those early 1990s years :)

Jurrasic Park was amazing to see in the theater, changed the way we saw special effects IMO.
Saving Private Ryan was epic, a classic story and tribute to a great generation.
Braveheart....amazing
Toy Story was a game changer in animation
Scream brought back the horror movie
Beauty And The Beast reaffirmed Disney was back and back in the right way in animation
Dazed And Confused was smart comedy yet bare bones funny
Princess Mononoke was great animation and a really good movie
Last Of The Mohicans was a great movie and a flashback to the glory of old Hollywood epics
Boogie Nights was a very well done film about a questionable subject

You think I am gonna pick just one?

:)

Now the 80s, that was a decade full of awesome flicks!

HouCuseChickie

IMDB has a nice list...
http://www.imdb.com/search/title/?release_date=1990,1999&title_type=feature

If I had to name some top faves for me...
- Aladdin and Lion King were my fave Disney movies
- Shawshank Redemption, Schindler's List, and Life is Beautiful were some of my fave serious flicks
- Clueless, Pretty Woman and Never Been Kissed were probably my fave of the fluffy movies from then
- Usual Suspects, Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs always stand out for gritty movies
- Independence Day for big action...I guess Twister might fall into this too
- And Silence of the Lambs...can't forget this

And I'm sure if DH were making this list, he'd make sure Braveheart and Starship Troopers makes this list.

There's more that I like, but there's no point in a list with 50 movies. :)

BigTxEars

IMDB has a nice list...
http://www.imdb.com/search/title/?release_date=1990,1999&title_type=feature

If I had to name some top faves for me...
- Aladdin and Lion King were my fave Disney movies
- Shawshank Redemption, Schindler's List, and Life is Beautiful were some of my fave serious flicks
- Clueless, Pretty Woman and Never Been Kissed were probably my fave of the fluffy movies from then
- Usual Suspects, Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs always stand out for gritty movies
- Independence Day for big action...I guess Twister might fall into this too
- And Silence of the Lambs...can't forget this

And I'm sure if DH were making this list, he'd make sure Braveheart and Starship Troopers makes this list.

There's more that I like, but there's no point in a list with 50 movies. :)

Great call out on ID4, great movie :)

BigTxEars

Come on people:

1993 - Schindler's List

I have never seen it, it seems way to depressing for me. I have heard noting but great things though. I am a huge WWII history buff so I am very aware of the subject matter, just not the movie.

Man now I have the urge to shoot some Nazis....just posting about the camps es me off....:mad: You want to try and do that to an armed opponent....or just helpless unarmed elderly, kids and women? You want to prove you racial superiority to a farm boy from Ohio or a city boy from Dublin? Except these boys will be armed....I think we all know how that turned out. :cool:

OK sorry for the hijack.....and this is why I can't watch that movie...

BigTxEars

I was just thinking that. The 80s had Return of the Jedi, Back to the Future, Dirty Dancing, When Harry Met Sally, the Princess Bride...definitely can't pick just one from that decade!

For the 90s, my pick is Lion King.

I love the 80s, action, Sci Fi, horror, comedy :)

The ones you named +

Ruthless People
Raiders Of The Lost Ark
Die Hard
Fast Times At Ridgemont High
Terminator
Christmas Story
Back To The Future
Little Mermaid
Glory
Ghost Busters
Breakfast Club
Dangerous Liaisons

And yes one more movie that was not a great movie but just had good memories....Sword And The Sorcerer :)

StarWarsGirl

I love the 80s, action, Sci Fi, horror, comedy :)

The ones you named +

Ruthless People
Raiders Of The Lost Ark
Die Hard
Fast Times At Ridgemont High
Terminator
Christmas Story
Back To The Future
Little Mermaid
Glory
Ghost Busters
Breakfast Club
Dangerous Liaisons

And yes one more movie that was not a great movie but just had good memories....Sword And The Sorcerer :)
I forgot about Raiders. But Back to the Future was on my list.

Bparso87

Original Poster
How does everyone forget robocop in the 80s great action and gore. New one messed up being rated pg-13

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom