Best MK Eatery for One Day Visit

EvilQueen-T

Original Poster
My sister is treating me to a one night stay with one day at the magic kingdom as a pixie dust mental health day. I'm a disney veteran and am having a hard time deciding where to eat. We usually get 4-8 days to vacation and get to go everywhere we love but this trip is just the one day. So where would you plan to eat on such a short stay when you love great food but also want to pack as much as we can into that one day? :shrug:

jeffk410

hmm. I would leave and go to chef mickeys at the contemp =]. Inside the parks... MK is slim on choices, but would have to say crystal palace... Is it limited to any range?

EvilQueen-T

Original Poster
not limited to any range and i agree with the severely limited choices inside the park itself... that's part of my problem. haven't done chef mickey's yet so that's a great thought. thanks.

lbrad

I agree...Crystal Palace if you want to stay in the park
Or Chef Mickey's on the monorail link from MK!!!
I am all about the characters :wave:
Have a fantastic day!!!

stlbobby

CP in the park. CM or 'Ohana on the monorail.

If you are looking for a quiet get away to end the day, schedule Narcoossee's for Wishes.

SuzieN

I've eaten at all of the TS restaurants in MK besides CRT and enjoy them all. I wouldn't leave the park since it's just a one day visit. Personally, I would not want to take the time for a TS meal and would just do CS. Columbia Harbour House is my favorite CS in MK. The Plaza and Liberty tree Tavern are both great TS choices for lunch. Good luck with your decision!!!

Nikki M

If you want to leave the park, I would go for Ohana. In the park, Tony's. Get a reservation during the parade and request to sit by the window.

Have fun!

jeffk410

hmm lots of o'hana fans. I might have to try it once more. Ive tried it twice and thought it didnt compare to chef mickeys. Maybe I should give it one more shot.

EvilQueen-T

Original Poster
i'm ashamed to say i haven't done tony's (canceled reservations both times for various reasons) and have never been to chef mickey's or ohana's. i like the idea of ohana's being grilled foods if i'm remembering correctly. i hadn't done chef mickey's as my last trip and this one are without little ones and had the impression it was more of a character experience meal rather than for the food that people went. i say that because we had the absolute BEST time at 1900 park fare but we all hated the food :hammer:. i love the input!!!! thanks soooo much everyone!!!

Testtrack321

i'm ashamed to say i haven't done tony's (canceled reservations both times for various reasons) and have never been to chef mickey's or ohana's. i like the idea of ohana's being grilled foods if i'm remembering correctly. i hadn't done chef mickey's as my last trip and this one are without little ones and had the impression it was more of a character experience meal rather than for the food that people went. i say that because we had the absolute BEST time at 1900 park fare but we all hated the food :hammer:. i love the input!!!! thanks soooo much everyone!!!

tony's isn't that good. food isn't the reason you go to o'hana or chef mickey. (o'hana used to be GOOD, now it's just ok. After my list trip I really don't want to go back.) Also O'Hana is TONS of grilled meat on skewers cooked en mass, so it's not like you'll be getting a vegetable jubilee here...

Disney_Belle

I would suggest Chef Mickey's or 'Ohana if you want to take a monorail ride.

I know many people are partial to it and have mixed reviews, but my husband and I have eaten several times at Tony's Town Square and have yet to have a bad meal or service, every time we go has been a great experience! Although I will say, we prefer dinner to lunch at Tony's.

disneyny

I know I am in the minority but we really didn't enjoy Chef Mickey's...and we had little ones. I thought the food was not so good. My advice would be to stay in the park. We loved CRT but it might be kind of strange getting your picture taken with Cinderella with no kids and I haven't been since it switched to all princesses and no FGM. We also thought Tony's was just ok and would probably not make it a priority to go back. I love Liberty Tree's food so that or CRT would be my pick. However, I have only been to Crystal Palace for breakfast and would like to try another meal there.

Purple413

Tony's used to be a must for us each trip, but the last few years I think it has gone down hill. Why not do breakfast at Kona Cafe or Whispering Canyon, then do a CS for dinner? I love Columbia Harbour House. My husband is partial to Cosmic Ray's. Have fun!

EvilQueen-T

Original Poster
yeah, one day. our business has been hit hard by the economy so we can't do our usual week or so vacation. we live about 2 1/2 hours from wdw and we did the give a day get a day volunteer thing and have that free ticket, my sister has made my birthday gift the hotel stay...so (sigh) one day in the park. i considered doing cali grill (loved it the last two times we went) but wasn't sure how much time it would take to go back to the hotel, get cleaned up, back to the contemporary then have what has in the past been a nice leisurely meal... i think it might take to much time overall as tempting as it is.

and i will admit my shameful secret... on our last trip it was myself and my sisters as a girls only grown up trip and we did crt without kids and i have proudly hung my grown up only pics with cinderella on my wall. we even took pics with the princesses as they came through :rolleyes:.

yankspy

Being that time is of the essence here I would go with the Plaza. It is simple and quick but at least it is a TS meal and it will not require you to leave the park.

rkelly42

Outside the park I would go with either O'Hana or Cali Grill, in the park either Crystal Palace or Liberty Tree Tavern

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom