Best MK Area Resort

What is the best MK area resort?

• Total voters

999th Happy Haunt

Original Poster
Wilderness Lodge (not an option, I see...)
Do you mean "Wilderness Lodge" rather than "Fort Wilderness"?
Need to add Wilderness Lodge!!
:) Yeah, I know the poll was about the MK area resorts but I was replying to the OPs opening words:
JMHO, but I think BC would rate over WL or FtW.
Another "vote" here for Wilderness Lodge. It really should be an option in the poll.
Just added it everyone. Got Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge mixed up. Feel free to change your vote if you voted for any of the other ones.

danyoung56

I think the wording of the OP makes it kinda tough. If I had to choose "best", it would unarguably be the Grand Floridian. But by far my personal favorite would be the Contemporary.

Angel Ariel

Arguably the 5 most popular resorts in WDW. Was wondering which one people thought was the best. I have to go with Poly, I love anything tiki.

I've only stayed at the Contemporary (as a kid) and GF (honeymoon). We've walked through the Poly quite a lot when we've stayed at Shades of Green. We've only been to WL for a sleigh ride (but it was beautiful!).

For me, GF would have to win pretty much based on the sentimental effect :) When I stayed at the Contemporary as a kid, I fell in love with the GF and "wanted to get married there" (ah, being a kid!). Actually getting to spend our honeymoon there, with an MK view, was just an amazing trip. I'd love to go back someday, but now that rates are close to (or over) 2x what they were for honeymoon, that's not likely.

21stamps

I've stayed at all except Ft Wilderness.
Poly gets my #1 spot.

I have to say though, Wilderness Lodge is the perfect "close but away from the crowds" feel. It's the only one of the bunch with a lobby that isn't packed with visitors. It still comes in 4th place though, but only because I can't see the Castle from my room.

Laketravis

I've only stayed at the Contemporary (as a kid) and GF (honeymoon). We've walked through the Poly quite a lot when we've stayed at Shades of Green......

We were just the opposite - as kids, we stayed at the Poly every year when it was just the two resorts, my brother and I would always beg to stay at CR but it never happened. We looked forward to eating at Chef Mickeys just so we could be inside CR. For two young boys into model trains, the CR was cool. It was only when I was paying for my own trips was I able to stay at CR. Visited some of the buildings and a couple of the rooms at the Poly a few years back and it was hard to shake that 70's vibe. Removing the fountain from the lobby really killed it for me.

contrariwise

I voted Wilderness Lodge. The lobby still just blows me away. The rooms aren't that spectacular, but there's a very special feel to the place overall. I would go with Contemporary second. We stayed offsite when I was a kid, and I can remember seeing the Contemporary and just thinking, "Wow." It's a wow kind of a place, and the proximity to MK can't be beat. Third would be GF. It's lovely, of course, but I just find it to be fussy. It's a subjective thing, I know. The grounds are really beautiful though. 4th would be the Poly. I just think I don't get it. It's very 70s kitschy to me. It just does nothing for me. I don't really even like the restaurants. I have never even visited Ft. Wilderness so I can't comment on that one.

Nastory4

I think the wording of the OP makes it kinda tough. If I had to choose "best", it would unarguably be the Grand Floridian. But by far my personal favorite would be the Contemporary.
We as well, but need to asterisk. Stayed at Bay Lake Towers, never officially at the Contemporary. We like having the marinara right there for fishing and such, plus the walk to MK.

Mark P.

We've yet to visit Fort Wilderness (!), but out of the other four based on our experience as visitors (not overnight guests):

Best dining (sans-V&A): Push - Wilderness Lodge (Artist Point) / Contemporary (Cali Grill)
Best theming: Grand Floridian, especially during the holidays (Wilderness Lodge a very narrow second)
Best bar/lounge experience: Push - Poly (Trader Sam's) / Contemporary (The Wave/Cali Grill)
Best accessibility: Contemporary's walkway to MK

When/if we can save up the scratch, it'll either be Poly or WL for an actual stay.

Chaset24

The theme of the Poly is fantastic.. Also, it helps that they have some of the most delicious dining options in Walt Disney World at the resort. ;)

Angel Ariel

We were just the opposite - as kids, we stayed at the Poly every year when it was just the two resorts, my brother and I would always beg to stay at CR but it never happened. We looked forward to eating at Chef Mickeys just so we could be inside CR. For two young boys into model trains, the CR was cool. It was only when I was paying for my own trips was I able to stay at CR. Visited some of the buildings and a couple of the rooms at the Poly a few years back and it was hard to shake that 70's vibe. Removing the fountain from the lobby really killed it for me.

I totally agree with that. The lobby lost so much of its charm when they took out the fountain.

jimbojones

I had to vote Contemporary. I just love that hotel!!

We haven't stayed at Polynesian but are staying there in July. We visited and it seems a little dark and very "mosquitoey" is that a word? We'll see how I like it compared to Contemporary later this summer.

Mosquitoes are not permitted on property! seriously I have never gotten a mosquito bite at WDW. Its quite surreal after spending a few nights in the everglades or Ocalla national forest and then to visit WDW

ryguy

They are all pretty cool. Contemporary probably has the worst pool,but it has the monorail. WL with all the new additions might bump it up a notch. Still hard to beat the Poly. GF is probably the prettiest hotel on property. Dixie Landings I mean Riverside is also very beautiful. But the big winner really should be the Animal Kingdom Lodge one of the most unique hotels in the U.S. Not too many places you can see African animals out your balcony.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom