Best meals?

patelaine1953

Original Poster
Just a quick question: What are your favorite meals at the following restaurants?

Concourse Steakhouse (dinner) - Contemporary
50's PrimeTime Cafe (dinner) - MGM
Le Cellier (dinner) - Canada, Epcot
Kona Cafe (dinner) - Polynesian
Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch) - Magic Kingdom

I know what I like to eat; this is for my husband and others in our party.

polynesiangirl

I haven't been to all of them, but here are some picks of mine:

Cali Grill - my husband always gets some sushi, we like the steak, my sister and I both like the sonoma goat cheese ravioli (if you can stand the stinkiness of goat cheese like we can, you'll like it :animwink: ) All the desserts are good. (Keep in mind the menu changes a lot at CG so stuff isn't *always* there.) I can't wait to eat there again! (We skipped it last time and I kicked myself for the rest of the trip.)

Le Cellier - the cheddar cheese soup is a huge fan favorite, as are the mashed potatoes (we love both.) I believe both times we got steaks for dinner, but I had a caesar salad for lunch once that was also delicious. :slurp:

Concourse Steakhouse I've only eaten dinner at once or twice, but last time we went on an impromptu dinner because I suddenly decided I wanted prime rib and it hit the spot perfectly! (The other times we've had breakfast there, which was also excellent.)

Kona Cafe is also one I believe I've only ever eaten breakfast at, but it has been consistently good! :slurp:

Chape19714

Concoarse-Any Steak is good!
Primetime-Mom's Famous Meatloaf!
Le Celliar-French Dip (or some other steak sandwich, I've only done lunch there.)
Kona Cafe-Great Salads and such, also some pretty good sandwiches.
I believe Liberty Tree Tavern is all you care to eat, and the waiter/waitress just keeps bringing it out. Try a bit of everything!

patelaine1953

Original Poster
Liberty Tree Tavern is only a character meal at dinner. Otherwise, I like the pot roast. I'm really just trying to find out what is best at each restaurant for others in our party. I've already decided what I'm having :lol:.

ypcat

LTT is only all you care to eat at dinner, and the characters are still there. The OP is asking about lunch though, which in menued and doesn't have characters.

brich

Kona Cafe was NOT one of our favorites... Not on our list of places to eat this time... :D

We will be doing Le Cellier as we've heard many good things about this one... :sohappy:

shoppingnut

50's PrimeTime Cafe (dinner) - MGM -- Pork Tenderloin (but I get the regular mashed potatoes, don't eat root hash) and, of course, SMORES

Le Cellier (dinner) - Canada, Epcot -- Tomato Stack appetizer; 7oz Filet Mingon without the sauce and the kids chocolate moose dessert

Kona Cafe (dinner) - Polynesian -- Mediallions of filet mingon and Caramel-Banana Creme Brulee

Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch) - Magic Kingdom -- Declaration salad and william penn pasta

SamatBCV

Just a quick question: What are your favorite meals at the following restaurants?

50's - The meatloaf is mmm mmm good.
Le Cellier - I've never had anything bad, but as an appetizer, you're really missing out if you don't try the cheese soup.
Liberty Tree - LOL POT ROAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goofy20

'Ohana HANDS DOWN!!! I had the best dinner there. I have heard so many people rip 'ohana b/c of the menu changes but i never had the chance to try the old menu so I have nothing to compare it to. I will be going back to 'Ohana every time I am back in the world and i encourage anyone who hasn't tried it, to give it a shot.

Lanipie

Never been to Concourse

I Despise 50's prime Time. I guess my sense of humor isn't good enough for that restaurant. I don't want a woman barely older than me trying to make me stand in the corner for not finishing my food. It ruined the meal so much that I don't even remember what I had. :(

Le Cellier - EVERYTHING is great there. My fave is the cheese soup, but their steaks just melt in your mouth. The pretzel bread is great too.

Never been to kona

Liberty Tree Tavern, my fave is the turkey! Yum Yum!

kennygman

Based on these choices I say:
1. Le Cellier
2. Kona
3. Liberty Tree
4. Concourse
5. 50's - great atmosphere, average food.

PhilharMagician

For dinner:
#1 Ohana
#2 Boma
An honorable mention for Mama Melrose

We typically do not eat lunch

For Breakfast:
#1 Chef Mickey's
#2 Donald's Breakfastasaurus

For that special occasion:
#1 Bistro de Paris This place is absolutely amazing!!!!!!!
#2 California Grill

swimmom

LeCellier has the best steaks. I like the cheese soup and either of the fillet mignons. I've had cheese cake and cobblers for dessert and both were great.

slk212

Le Cellier in Epcot was excellent
Tusker House in AK for counter service was very good
(there are so many good places to eat though:slurp: !)

Nemo14

Actually, we may have one empty seat that night. Not sure about the rest of your family. You'll just have to break it to em.... :D
It will just be DH and me - he doesn't mind sitting on the floor as long as we toss him some pretzel bread!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom