Best Illuminations Viewing Areas?

PhilosophyMagic

I know this must have been discussed before, but I did several searches for it and found nothing. What are the best viewing areas for Illuminations? Are some really much better than others? I used to always sit on the Future World side of the lagoon- was that bad? Also, how long before the show should we arrive? If you can find another thread with this discussion, I'd be happy to just get a link to that. Thanks, everyone!

celticdog

Fantasmic!329 said:
So technically in FW.
(BTW, this is my 100th post!! :wave: )

It really depends on how one views the dividing line between FW and WS. The area in question is labeled "Showcase Plaza" on the guidemap. So, I thinks it's actually in World Showcase.

Upvote 0

MagliteL13

My all time favorite is the friendship boat dock over by Mexico--but only been there once. I believe that's where the inferno barge is controlled from. Between the two towers (the stores in Showcase Plaza) is great because you can be surrounded by speakers (so the sound is great!) and it's right up where the action is (you're closer than any other guests.) Whenever it's avalible, I always watch from the little island infront of Italy--usually sitting on top of the fountain there. Italy is a little further away from the barges and makes for taking easier pictures as this island is out IN the lagoon. A lot of the time, this area is used for private parties though, and it's easy to see why! When that isn't avaliable, I like to stake out a spot between Norway and Mexico.

Upvote 0

tigger1968

It was my understanding that the Inferno Barge is actually manned during the show and controlled from there. Hope they have air conditioning... :lookaroun

Upvote 0

MagliteL13

tigger1968 said:
It was my understanding that the Inferno Barge is actually manned during the show and controlled from there. Hope they have air conditioning... :lookaroun
I sure hope not! Would you appreciate 37 propane nozzles surrounding you? The only barge that is manned during the show is the earth globe--somebody's gotta drive that thing out there!

Upvote 0

tigger1968

MagliteL13 said:
I sure hope not! Would you appreciate 37 propane nozzles surrounding you? The only barge that is manned during the show is the earth globe--somebody's gotta drive that thing out there!

I saw it on a tv special that featured a backstage look at ROE. I swear they said the Inferno barge is staffed during the show....Could be wrong though...

Upvote 0

celticdog

MagliteL13 said:
The only barge that is manned during the show is the earth globe--somebody's gotta drive that thing out there!

Not neccesarily, it could be remote controlled. I'd think it'd be way too dangerous to be near it during the finale. Either barge could be controlled by cables laid across the bottom of the lagoon.

Doesn't someone know definitively how the barges are controlled?

Upvote 0

DisneyJill

imagineersrock said:
front and center.

Directly across the lagoon from the American Adventure has become my new favorite spot. You can always walk up minutes prior to showtime and still have an amazing spot.

:D

Yup!! The fireworks are perfect from that angle and the sound is amazing-plus you get a laser effect that you don't get anywhere else.

Upvote 0

MagliteL13

celticdog said:
Not neccesarily, it could be remote controlled. I'd think it'd be way too dangerous to be near it during the finale. Either barge could be controlled by cables laid across the bottom of the lagoon.

Doesn't someone know definitively how the barges are controlled?

The only barge that is driven out is the earth globe. It starts out from its docked position right next to the American Gardens Theatre and it's supposed to be out there about 4 minutes and 20 seconds after the start of the show. There's an audio cue, but this is the internet and I don't think anybody will be able to hear me humming... :animwink: Anyways, a lot of the time it barely makes it out there in time.

I have a friend who worked on the show for a bit and could tell who was driving the globe each night by when it started and how fast it was moving...kinda strange if you ask me.

Upvote 0

AndyP

Beany-Fantasmic said:
IMO, it is such a large lake that anywhere is good and you dont have to be really early to get a good seat. But, I have to say the balcony at the Rose and Crown is near perfect!

But anywhere is great!

And if you can't get on the balcony, if you get there early, the beer garden is directly next to the balcony, and also on the waters edge, a great spot!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom