Best hotel for a WDW newbie?

KLeigh

Original Poster
Hello everyone!

My BFF has never been to WDW, and we're throwing around the idea of visiting early next spring. I really want to immerse her in that Disney Magic right from the start.

What hotels would you recommend for a first timer? Are any more "magical" than the others? My home resort has always been POFQ/RS, but I'm open to other options. (Yes, I have stayed in the royal rooms and it was pretty fantastic. :inlove:)

We're both in our late 20s, and interested in the moderate or deluxe resorts.

Thank you!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I'd suggest the Poly first as most of the construction is completed and it still does the best job of transporting you to that "away" state of mind. (Well to be honest the lapulapu and new Trader Sams can make your mind go away quite well by themselves )

Second would be Wilderness Lodge, followed by the Contemporary and then the Grand Floridian. Before the hatorade begins to flow, remember the criteria is a transformational immersion, not just being comfy. If it were just comfy then it would be the Four Seasons and town car service.

Jahona

I would agree with the suggestions networkpro has given. Poly and Wilderness lodge just have a great aesthetic and atmosphere. The Contemporary is an icon for WDW but may not be everyone's taste. The Grand Floridian has old time charm and an upscale atmosphere.

Goblin

You might want to consider Boardwalk as well. Some outside the park dining options and Jellyrolls is right there for evening entertainment. Of course POR has Yehaa Bob too who I hear is wonderful as you probably know. Also Boardwalk is nice cause you can walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

I also agree on the Poly, on the monorail and some great dining options!

CJLove79

I would suggest the Art of Animation, it has the best theming out of all the resorts combined and that's fact. Yes, its on the kiddie side and its not a Moderate or Deluxe but at the same time, everywhere you look, there's a Disney animated character looking right at you. Think about it for a sec ok? You and your BFF are on the Magical Express, you're watching Disney cartoons on the little screens, the bus goes under the Disney World Resort sign officially making it the true start of your experience & the bus stopping at the Art of Animation first. You two walk into the Lobby and both you ladies are mesmerized by the sketches of your favorite Disney character on the walls. Or even better, you ladies explore the different sections of the resort, I personally like the Lion King side but I digress. I could go on and on honestly but you get what I'm saying. LOL. Plus, the cost would be cheaper than the Deluxes cause if I was in your shoes, I wouldn't want myself & my company worrying about money when you're in the Happiest Place on Earth y'know? Anyway, its your decision at the end of the day and either way, you ladies will have a slammin time. :)

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

POFQ is home for me.... but asking about a first timer.....wanting to make it impressive and easy.......First time I'd do the Poly. ( If the cost is doable for you....its somewhat better rate than GF or Contemp) The resort is impressive enough to WOW her. The monorail loop gives easy access to the MK, express line to EP. Quality restaurants, shops, beach area. Nightime Electrical water pageant, fireworks seen from the beach. Then subsequent trips I'd take her to POFQ.

MrsSomers

If I were in my 20's, going to the WDW with my BFF, and aren't lugging any kids around with me, I'd stay near Epcot. Boardwalk/Beach Club/Yacht Club; can't go wrong with any of them. You guys will have a blast being so close to World Showcase and The Boardwalk district. Plus, a quick boat / or moderate walk to Hollywood Studios, or The Epcot monorail to MK. All seems pretty magical to me!

DisneyJunkie

I would most likely start with Wilderness Lodge........or the Polynesian. I say that because (A) they're both gorgeous, fun resorts that really show off Disney resort theming at its best, and (B) I'm partial to staying close to the park I spend the most time in, which is Magic Kingdom.

Only word of warning.....if you choose the Polynesian, which is on the monorail line, it may spoil your BFF. Enjoy!

aw14

We have stayed at several:
POFQ
CBR
CSR
ASM
CR
AKL

Next is Poly in 2 weeks. We love the Contemporary. The ease of getting to the MK can't be beat and who doesn't love having the convenience of the monorail. If you go there, get a theme park view room, totally worth it. Animal Kingdom Lodge is probably the most aesthetically pleasing resort imo and offers more sights and sounds than any other. The only issue some have with it is the distance. I will reserve my comments on the Poly until after this trip, but we are really excited for it.

In terms of Mods, POFQ as you know is great and quiet. Coronado is just beautiful but a little big for us.

KLeigh

Original Poster
Again - thank you all so much! You've all brought up points to consider that I hadn't even thought about.

We'll probably spend most of our time in MK and Epcot, so you're right about choosing a hotel in one of those areas and taking advantage of the benefits.

righttrack

I'd bring it down to 4 choices:

Poly -- Location, Location, Location + fun
Boardwalk -- Are you going to end up in World Showcase at the end of the day for many days?
Wilderness Lodge -- Immersive Theme, seems to share transportation a lot however
Animal Kingdom Lodge -- Ditto, plus animals, though all transportation is via bus.

Bparso87

Only down fall from AKL is the transportation it sucks to get anywhere DTD takes for ever to get to but the place is awesome

imagination30

iwould say stay at a moderate , like Carribean beach or a value to strech your dollar , so you can have extra money do new experience at the park or around property.. check out youtube channel seeyareal soon... they have info mation on stuff like that.. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom