Best FP+ stategy for 7DMT

stalkingmickey

Original Poster
I will be coming up on my 60 day booking. I want to make sure I have a 2 FP+ for the 7DMT ride for at least two days :happy: . Should I just book that 1 FP for the MK for each day to secure them as early as possible and then go back to make my additional 2 selections?

Or should I just pick the 3 rides all at once like normal? :confused:

do they open at 12am or 6am I have forgotten:banghead:

cw1982

It doesn't take any extra time to go ahead and pick all three. I would pick random ones for the other two so that you can go ahead and make sure you get what you want for 7DMT and then go back in and edit the others as needed. Once you pick them, you can edit one attraction at a time.

FP's open at midnight. Dining opens at 6 am.

roropatches

My 60 day opened yesterday. All kinds of availability for 7DMT on each day of my vacation. No worries!

Also, all kinds of availability for Anna and Elsa...but just me and DH, no desire to see them!

Can you book all of the FP+ for your entire vacation at 60 days? Is it like the ADR's so that on day 60 you can book all 7,8, or 9 days (or whatever your length of stay will be) or can you only do your 1st day on day 60.. and then come back on day 59 and book day 2 and so on?? I only ask because when I tried to do my ADR's at 180 days.. I could only book my 1st day on line.. so I ended up having to call to book the rest of my ADR's that day... but since you have to book FP+ on line, I did not know if it would let you do the whole thing on the first day it opens... does my question make sense?? Thanks

lebeau

Best thing you can do is keep checking in and trying again. As people change around their plans, times may open up.

Exactly.

We have two sets of FP reservations. One on May 29 and the other June 2. If the kids don't want to ride it again on June 2, we will be cancelling. Others will be too. The key is to be there when availability opens up. Same as with any other hard to get reservation. Just keep trying.

Dwarful

If you can't get all 8 at the same time you might look for four and then four more. You might find something like 10:15 AM - 11:15 AM for the first group of four and then 10:45 - 11:45 for the next group of four. You would then have 8 FP's but you would have to wait until 10:45 for all of you to ride together. We are meeting two other families on one of our MK days and did this because we were a group of 14. We have 3 sets of SDMT fps one set for each of our MK days May 31- June 7. But if we all don't love it (read...if it makes me sick). Then those of us that feel once was enough will be cancelling those other FP's. So availability could open up...just keep checking. Good luck!

cw1982

Right with you...hoping :depressed: doesn't happen to me either! Have FP+ for June 2, but planning on riding standby June 1st. If I feel :hungover: after that ride, DD will get my FP+!

You'll be there the same time as us too! I plan on trying for standby on June 1, but if not I have a backup FP+ on June 6th. I'd rather ride it standby during EMH on June 1, but we'll just have to see... DH won't want to wait more than 30 minutes, so it'll be tough to make that happen, very probably even impossible. Good thing I have that FP :)

cw1982

Question - has disney allowed FP+ reservations when park hoping yet? If not, does anyone know if it will start by August?

Yes, you can park hop on FP+. You have to do your original three in one park, but after that you can hop to the other park and get your extra FP+'s on a kiosk just like you would in the first park.

cw1982

FWIW, MDE app is showing wait as of right now for 7DMT is 90 minutes. Everything else is less than 40, even Space at 35 and Peter Pan at 25! Maybe 7DMT is taking away some of the demand for other rides, if everyone is in line for it right now? Hmm...

disney4life2008

Yes, you can park hop on FP+. You have to do your original three in one park, but after that you can hop to the other park and get your extra FP+'s on a kiosk just like you would in the first park.

Great. If you use your 3 in the park are you able to get another one (and others) in that same park the rest of the day or is it only applied to hopping?

DisneyCane

Best thing you can do is keep checking in and trying again. As people change around their plans, times may open up.

Either that or ride standby. For standby, either rope drop or really late is probably best. Based on what I observed yesterday, the standby line might be horrific once the FP line is in full use.

Penelope

The extras can be in the same park or any other park. The only time you are limited to one park is in booking your first three passes for each day. After that, you are free to hop or not as you please.

I'm just learning of the Fastpass+ and trying to understand it well in advance of our 60 day - am I reading this correctly that if we hop, and start our morning for example at MK, but go to Epcot in afternoon, and I would use the 3 MK Fps that morning, I can obtain (if available) a FP for a ride at Epcot? I am very happy to see all the questions and answers in this forum -- taking notes!!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom