Best Extinct WDW Foods

FettFan

Original Poster
Whenever someone mentions extinct WDW, we usually think of rides (Horizons), shops (Acme Warehouse), and restaurants (Empress Lilly).

However, with Disney's constant evolution (some would say pandering) to ever-changing tastes, sometimes certain foods at familiar places wind up being phased out in favor of new options.

So what are your favorite WDW foods that are no longer there?

For me....back in 94-95, Sunshine Seasons Food Fair had a vegetarian lasagna, that was allegedly produced solely from the LTTL/LWTL greenhouses.
Every time I walk into the Land pavilion, the scent of the building alone makes me think about that lasagna.

mf1972

the french toast loaf from the main street bakery in MK. i had to google a pic of it.
00A98298-5478-4DFB-A22C-BEAE4EBEC895.jpeg

Hcalvert

Yucca fries that came with the first incarnation of the Dr. Fall's Signature Grilled Steak dish at Jungle Canteen in 2015. They might have been reincarnated at CBR's Sebastian's Bistro. Anyone try them?

JC's dish
iqlwje9341.jpg

Bistro's Dish
hrifgudjkn5468u-624x351.jpg

NeedMoreMickey

Snickerdoodles. Checked into Boardwalk last September went down to The Screen Door for a snickerdoodle. Happened to be a couple of management people in the store and was told they stop making them, no where to find them on property. Missed it by one day.

LAM378

Way way way back in the ‘80s and ‘90s, a sit down restaurant at the Poly used to make a chicken a la reine soup that was amazing. The recipe is in the old Chef Mickey’s cookbook, but any time I’ve made it, it doesn’t taste like it did back then.

And of course, the Oreo domes at the Beach Club. I was devastated when they went away.

Club Cooloholic

Jalapeno pretzels. I could not find them at any stands last trip, just the Mickey shaped ones and one of the workers at concession said they think they have been removed all together.

cosmicgirl

I second the steak and eggs burger at Landscape of Flavors. I miss the steak at Pepper Market. I don't remember if it was any good but we got a kick out of getting steak for a QS credit. The same goes for the lobster roll at Contempo Café.

And can you miss something you haven't had? I was looking forward to the new menus they introduced at the CBR food court when they reopened in October, it looked so much more varied and adventurous than your typical food court. But I recently discovered that they've already dumbed it down to the same old stuff you can get anywhere. Boo.

Last edited:

Jon81uk

The old Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café cheeseburgers and FRIES. Keep the tortilla chips and bring back the EPIC Fixin's Bar.

Bonus: Not so much a food item as venue; Electric Umbrella @ Epcot. Throwback to the 80s with matching background music.

The burgers were identical to the ones at Cosmic Ray's though?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom