Best DVC Resort

baggienath7

Original Poster
Hello,
So Fellow DVC Members, i am after your knowledge. Last year my partner and i stayed at Kidani Village in a lovely Deluxe Studio with Savannah View right at the end of the building and one floor from the top. however we did have a noisy family staying next door in what i am guessing is the 1 bedroom villa.
We didn't really mind too much except at times it felt as if they were in the same room as us. :banghead:
so i am putting it out as to which resort is the best sound proofed resort. i understand there will always be noise leaked through the joining door, but any tips or advise would be greatly appreciated.

last year was our first ever stay at our home resort. so we are open to trying other resorts.

Thank you in advance.:inlove::cool:

StarWarsGirl

Boardwalk tends to be noisy. Bay Lake Tower is pretty quiet once you are in your room, especially on the upper floors. Old Key West is really quiet. Too quite for our taste and too far out from everything.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
In my opinion the best built resort was Old Key West. It was the first, and in my opinion, the nicest size and quiet wise.

As OKW is our home resort, I'm happy to agree with you. :)

I also love the small-town feel of OKW, the other resorts are more like apartment buildings.

However, a truly determined family can make enough noise to intrude upon their neighbors no matter where they are. ;).

PhilharMagician

We have stayed in all and they are all nice in their own specific ways. As far as sound proofing goes, I have never noticed any difference. You must have had a really noisy family because I do not remember ever hearing anything but and occasional loud guest in the hallway.

I just recommend trying different resorts yourself to see which works best for your lifestyle and taste.

Boardwalk tends to be noisy. Bay Lake Tower is pretty quiet once you are in your room, especially on the upper floors. Old Key West is really quiet. Too quite for our taste and too far out from everything.

I personally think OKW is one of the noisiest resorts being located on the corner Buena Vista Drive and Bonnet Creek Parkway. Both of which are extremely busy roads. There are areas of OKW which closely border those roads and tend to be quite noisy and then the inner areas of the resort (Peninisular Road bldgs) are quiet.

Last edited:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

Far out from everything? Where do you suppose Old Key West is located? I think it's fairly central...

Minnie_girl

Never had a problem at our home resort of Beach Club!
75.gif
x2 :)

StarWarsGirl

Far out from everything? Where do you suppose Old Key West is located? I think it's fairly central...
We don't like being secluded from everything. We like being right near a park, preferably within walking distance. One of the reasons that we also don't like Animal Kingdom Lodge.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
We don't like being secluded from everything. We like being right near a park, preferably within walking distance. One of the reasons that we also don't like Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Ok, well, it's certainly not set up to be able to walk to any parks. But, it is across the street from Epcot, and just down the road from the MK.

StarWarsGirl

Ok, well, it's certainly not set up to be able to walk to any parks. But, it is across the street from Epcot, and just down the road from the MK.
Yeah, that's too far out for us. We like having easy access to at least one park. Home resorts are BLT, BWV, and BCV for that reason. Oh and Aulani:cool:

Minthorne

I've stayed at OKW and SS with a rental car and liked both a lot. I'll be trying the villas a Beach Club next Oct - I have stayed BCI before so I expect it will be as nice.

Grandstand at SS was excellent.

StarWarsGirl

Interesting way to finagle in that your parents are able to afford to have 4 "home" resorts too.
Just because we have Aulani doesn't mean we stay there every year. My dad saved up to buy there; we bank our points and get a two bedroom when we can afford to go. It's worth it to be able to get the room 11 months out. I'm simply illustrating that my parents prefer when staying in WDW to have a resort that is close to the parks, especially since we don't rent a car

StarWarsGirl

Isn't AKL pretty much next door to DAK? Did they move it since we stayed there?
It is, but it's not within walking distance and you have to bus everywhere. We usually preferred staying there the handful of times that we've had the car. It's a nice resort. We did consider buying points there before they built BLT. But not being within walking distance to anything is what made my dad decide against it. Personally, we spend so much time in Epcot that BWV and BCV are well worth it. For the OP, BLT or BWV is a happy medium between easy park access and quiet.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
It is, but it's not within walking distance and you have to bus everywhere. We usually preferred staying there the handful of times that we've had the car. It's a nice resort. We did consider buying points there before they built BLT. But not being within walking distance to anything is what made my dad decide against it. Personally, we spend so much time in Epcot that BWV and BCV are well worth it. For the OP, BLT or BWV is a happy medium between easy park access and quiet.
Seems to be a real adversity to Disney Transportation. Any particular reason?

toolsnspools

I had the privilege of attending a conference at the Swan and Dolphin earlier this year. Being able to walk to EPCOT for lunch, or dinner was a really nice perk. I can't wait to spend my DVC points at the BW or BC villas. We own at BLT and taking the short walk from the MK instead of waiting for Disney Transportation is nice too, especially at the end of the night.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I had the privilege of attending a conference at the Swan and Dolphin earlier this year. Being able to walk to EPCOT for lunch, or dinner was a really nice perk. I can't wait to spend my DVC points at the BW or BC villas. We own at BLT and taking the short walk from the MK instead of waiting for Disney Transportation is nice too, especially at the end of the night.
We've enjoyed staying at both of those, and even during the F&W Festival found both to be quite peaceful, and obviously convenient. That's why I also have enjoyed staying at the WL; the ferry boat to and from MK always seemed to be a nice way to end the day, even when it was busy....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom