Trip Report COMPLETED: BEST (DISNEY) MONTH EVER !! - Dec 2016 - 2 Continents, 2 Resorts, 6 Parks !!

Hello to all the Disney Fans

As the title stipulates the month of December was a great Disney month for me and my family

Quick introduction - I am Max and I have been going to Disney since 1979. This trip report will detail trips 24 and 25 for me. (edit 1/17)
IMG_3968.JPG

What: The first leg is a solo trip to Tokyo Disneyland and the second is a family trip to Walt Disney World.
Who: My DW (T) and 2 DD ( S 21 and C 19) and me (Max)
(I am using initials to type less and protect the innocent.
The star over my head in the shot below is awesome!!!
STUDIO_SUNSET3_20161226_7904309987.jpeg

When: Dec 10 and 11 at TDR and Dec 23-30 at WDW
Why: Business trip from Dec 2-16 in Japan & family vacation in Florida.

This is my first full length trip report that I have attempted. In the past I have asked a few questions on the boards, and then posted a few details but never really went all in. The family has agreed to this one so here goes. I will try to use Doc Disney, Nicole and Longers amazing reports as motivation.

Just a few disclaimers (and I understand if I might lose most of my viewers but I have to be up front and honest)

#1 - I am Canadian (hence the honest and upfront approach - lol). So my viewpoints and opinions come from a different perspective at times. I will try to avoid political comments but sometimes the jokes are hard to pass on. (And I know the hat gives it away - I support the Blue Jays and that is the hat the team wears on Canada Day - Our birthday - 150 Years old in 2017!!)

#2 - I do not take a lot of food pictures - I am on a seefood diet - I see food and I eat it. I do not take the time to take a picture of it - I will have a few though.(The sound you hear is of all the "foodies" running for the exit)

#3 I do not own or use an expensive camera - all pictures will be either photo pass or iPhone. (the sound you now hear is of all the photographers leaving the building)

#4 Having been to TDR before (and being on a solo trip) and having been to WDW a few times I did not take a ton of pictures. Hopefully enough to tell the story. And my night time shots are limited (see point 3)

#5 I did not take a great notes (I know - Rookie mistake) but I will rely on my family to fill in the blanks for me.

Next Up : Background on the two trips and how them came to be

Last edited:

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Part 2 - Dec 26th cont'd
We arrived close to but not right at rope drop.
So we started off with some Photopass pics before heading toward Tower
Note: Still all 4 of us together! (for now!!)
IMG_4438.JPG
IMG_4435.JPG
IMG_4431.JPG
IMG_4432.JPG

Some of my pics are next
IMG_4704.JPG

IMG_4706.JPG

IMG_4707.JPG

IMG_4708.JPG

Now I need everyone to watch this video
It is the one that everyone gets from the photopass but trust me
You will want to see how C looks around the 26 second mark
Front row - left side
Not sure where she gets this attitude from...

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Tower #1 pic
I wonder if the guy in the front row stayed with those 2 girls after he saw this picture
IMG_4428.JPG

Tower ride #2 Pic - S sat this one out. T just did not want to get with the program
The two little ones in front of us look concerned.
IMG_4425.JPG

After 2 trips of terror we headed over back to the main strip and rode the Great Movie ride
The only picture I can find is from the queue
IMG_4709.JPG

I really enjoyed the film clips a the end of the ride - I cannot remember when it was updated but it definitely has newer clips in it.
S and T went for a coffee and we saved a spot for the march of the first order
But first C and I did this....
IMG_4414.JPG

IMG_4712.JPG
IMG_4713.JPG
IMG_4715.JPG
IMG_4717.JPG

We followed up to the stage and watched the show and then chilled for 30 min or so and caught the stage show.
Again no pictures because it was the first time seeing it and wanted to enjoy it.

After the March and the stage show C and I went to ride Star Tours using a FP (cannot get enough I guess)

S and C did this!!
IMG_4421.JPG
IMG_4419.JPG

Yes the one that complained about us trying to exclude her was quick to do the duet photo pass shot!!
Well I guess C and I asked for it.

*Flynnderella*

Thanks for sharing about the TDR!! It looks brilliant- I have only been to WDW & DLP so far, however my sister has ventured to California (without me which is still a touchy subject :cautious:) but I'd love to be able to do them all someday!

Fab trip report so far & is making me excited for my trip ;)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Just started reading the first 2 pages of your TR this morning, and hope to get caught up in the next few days.

This looks like a very exciting vacation. One of the non-park things that caught my attention was the bullet train (Shinkansen) you referenced. I'm jealous--I always wanted to take a ride on that! :happy:

By the way, the Dreamlights photos were amazing! I can only imagine what it must have been like to see that in person.

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Just started reading the first 2 pages of your TR this morning, and hope to get caught up in the next few days.

This looks like a very exciting vacation. One of the non-park things that caught my attention was the bullet train (Shinkansen) you referenced. I'm jealous--I always wanted to take a ride on that! :happy:

By the way, the Dreamlights photos were amazing! I can only imagine what it must have been like to see that in person.
Thanks for following along
The bullet train was cool - let me know what you think about the video

Dreamlights was amazing - I froze my tush off sitting on the cold sidewalk in the wind but it was totally worth it

Max

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Part 2 - Dec 26 cont'd
After Star tours (not the rebel spy this time or ever!!) we went back to the hotel.
We took the boat back to the Swan/Dolphin and then walked the rest.

After a quick (and only swim by me of the entire trip) we went back for our Mama Melrose ADR
We walked back and I stopped a take a quick look at the Creepy Clown Pool at the Boardwalk.

The girls took off and made it to the park first and did this
IMG_4410.JPG
IMG_4411.JPG
IMG_4412.JPG
IMG_4413.JPG

We went to the Launch Bay first for a quick look and then went to MM
IMG_4721.JPG

IMG_4722.JPG
IMG_4725.JPG

IMG_4728.JPG

C got 3 Allergy sticks in her food.
IMG_4729.JPG

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
After a great dinner (hopefully the girls can chirp in with more details we went to the Muppets movie
IMG_4731.JPG
IMG_4732.JPG

After the muppets we watched the Star Wars fireworks show
The visuals were greaat but the fireworks did not seem to fit with the story.

Next up was Frozen Sing Along -this was new for us and we were pleasantly surprised by how much we loved it.
The narrators were funny (when Kristoff's sled blew up he compared it to a Samsung 7 phone).

After the 3 monkeys rode tower again(See not evil.....) and S took advantage of the opportunity
IMG_4404.JPG
IMG_4405.JPG
IMG_4407.JPG

Last edited:

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
After our ride on the tower we watched the new Christmas FW and then went to visit Moana
Jingle Bell Jingle Bam was cute and had Prep for Landing, Nightmare before Xmas and Santa
Again the visuals were great and the music but the FW seemed almost unneeded.

IMG_4396.JPG
IMG_4397.JPG
IMG_4398.JPG
IMG_4399.JPG
IMG_4401.JPG
IMG_4402.JPG

Not sure what was happening during this shot
IMG_4403.JPG

After the M&G (the only one of the trip ) we watched the Walt movie in One Mans Dream and then rode Toy Story mania.
That was it for the night
We headed out after a really good DHS day
IMG_4739.JPG
IMG_4740.JPG
IMG_4741.JPG

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
DHS FW /stage show tip.
We went to 3 shows during the day/evening.
Each time we walked up with about 30 min to spare and stood at the back of the first crowd.
Right of the edge of the walkway which the CM were constantly trying to keep clear.
Everyone else was sitting on the ground. As soon as the show almost started everyone stood up, we bunched up toward the front and had a great view.

Except for the inconsiderate parents who put there kids on their shoulders
I know you want them to see - I get that - so just hold them in your arms - at the same height as you - that way you do not ruin the experience for others.
And I have gone to Disney with my DD's in the past - this is not a rant of a non parent.

Disney did a no selfie stick policy for safety and guest enjoyment.
I hope they do a No child on shoulders policy next.

Max

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thanks for following along
The bullet train was cool - let me know what you think about the video

Dreamlights was amazing - I froze my tush off sitting on the cold sidewalk in the wind but it was totally worth it

Max

I watched the video yesterday--that train goes FAST!!!

I'm finally caught up now with your TR. :happy: Wish I had more time to comment on so many things you shared in your photos and thoughts. One of the (many) things that stood out to me were the red "ornaments" over in the France pavilion outdoor area--OMG! Those were so creative and fun.

Glad you and your family got to stay over at the Yacht Club. That is one of their finest hotels on property among the "deluxes". Birnbaum's always rates that as their # 1 hotel. (If they lower the rates, some day I'll stay there. ;) ) Over the past few years, I've generally stayed over at the Swan (also nice), across the water.

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
I watched the video yesterday--that train goes FAST!!!

I'm finally caught up now with your TR. :happy: Wish I had more time to comment on so many things you shared in your photos and thoughts. One of the (many) things that stood out to me were the red "ornaments" over in the France pavilion outdoor area--OMG! Those were so creative and fun.

Glad you and your family got to stay over at the Yacht Club. That is one of their finest hotels on property among the "deluxes". Birnbaum's always rates that as their # 1 hotel. (If they lower the rates, some day I'll stay there. ;) ) Over the past few years, I've generally stayed over at the Swan (also nice), across the water.
The large ornaments are great
More still to come
These TRs take a lot of effort!!!

Max

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Part 2 Tuesday December 27, 2016
This was our Disney Spring and other stuff day.

We started the day with a 9am ADR for Kona Café
But first a few shots of the YC lobby and a hidden mickey of the globe (thanks to the Captain for showing that one to me)
You can see the Captain in the second pic and the HM is in baby blue on the globe
IMG_4742.JPG
IMG_4743.JPG
IMG_4745.JPG
IMG_4746.JPG

We drove over to the Poly
IMG_4749.JPG

]
IMG_4752.JPG
IMG_4753.JPG

IMG_4754.JPG
IMG_4756.JPG

Not sure what the girls had (and really didn't care too much)because I had.....
TONGA TOAST
IMG_4757.JPG

JK - I care what they had but I was in food heaven
I even delayed diving into it to take a picture!!

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
After the tour of the Poly we went to Fantasia Gardens mini golf
We have played the Winter Summerland course back in 2006 and we kept telling ourselves we would do another round someday
but here are a few
In terms of results lets just say in this Final Four there was not big upset win
(Cinderella made it to the big dance but the clock struck midnight and she did not come away as the winner)

IMG_4772.JPG
IMG_4773.JPG
IMG_4775.JPG
IMG_4779.JPG
IMG_4781.JPG

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney Springs
We drove to DS and parked in the Lime lot.
Overall impression of DS is meh - we do not have many outdoor malls in Canada but I have been to some in California
It felt the same.
We checked out the Disney stores and I took pictures around the area.
I wandered off and found the Christmas Tree Trial - themed trees from the Disney movies
Enjoy the pictures
IMG_4787.JPG
IMG_4788.JPG
IMG_4789.JPG
IMG_4790.JPG
IMG_4795.JPG
IMG_4796.JPG
IMG_4799.JPG
IMG_4800.JPG
IMG_4801.JPG

IMG_4803.JPG

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
One last shot from my iPhone
IMG_4827.JPG

And now some photopass
Yes, I found this area and brought the family over to see it and they do this !!
IMG_4392.JPG

IMG_4393.JPG

IMG_4390.JPG
IMG_4388.JPG

At least I got into a couple of shots

The trees were cool - glad we took the time to walk through and enjoy
If they set it up again and you are there I suggest you go take a look

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
More pictures from walking around and checking out the stores
I liked the Christmas ornaments for each park but we decided on some others.
I cannot remember which ones (S and C?? please help)
IMG_4829.JPG
IMG_4830.JPG

NEWS FLASH -SANTA SPOTTED AT DISNEY SPRINGS ON DECEMBER 27 - HE IS ALREADY ENJOYING HIS VACATION TIME!
IMG_4832.JPG

upload_2017-2-26_20-16-29.png

IMG_4834.JPG
IMG_4835.JPG
IMG_4836.JPG
IMG_4838.JPG
IMG_4839.JPG
IMG_4840.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom