Best Dinner for Kids

DawnDelion

The campground was closed due to Irma damage until 9/21, so there was not a dedicated boat at that time. Now that it is reopened, I would think the boat service is back on track.

jeremyg

Original Poster
The Whispering Canyon Cafe was a great choice for the kids. They loved the atmosphere and fun antics. And of course walking through the giant lobby of Wilderness Lodge was awesome. However for us grownups, we ran into several issues. The buns that our sandwich came on were moldy on the bottom. For some reason I had turned over my sandwich and there it was. I lost my appetite after that. Also, I was a little confused on the skillet menu item. We wanted to share, but that was a big no by our waitress. However, other tables who had the skillet were sharing no problem. One couple, it's all that was on the table, one skillet and two plates. So I'm not sure if we missed something there and there was another menu item or other waitresses were less strict? We couldn't order off the kids menu for ourselves either, which we knew might be an issue at some sit down restaurants. So we were not expecting it. In the end, the food was good and they gave us a discount on the meals with the moldy buns. But I don't think we would go back. It was a good suggestion though.

21stamps

The Whispering Canyon Cafe was a great choice for the kids. They loved the atmosphere and fun antics. And of course walking through the giant lobby of Wilderness Lodge was awesome. However for us grownups, we ran into several issues. The buns that our sandwich came on were moldy on the bottom. For some reason I had turned over my sandwich and there it was. I lost my appetite after that. Also, I was a little confused on the skillet menu item. We wanted to share, but that was a big no by our waitress. However, other tables who had the skillet were sharing no problem. One couple, it's all that was on the table, one skillet and two plates. So I'm not sure if we missed something there and there was another menu item or other waitresses were less strict? We couldn't order off the kids menu for ourselves either, which we knew might be an issue at some sit down restaurants. So we were not expecting it. In the end, the food was good and they gave us a discount on the meals with the moldy buns. But I don't think we would go back. It was a good suggestion though.

You can share the skillet, that's what we did, but each person pays the same price.

Sorry to hear about the moldy bread!! We stayed at WL and enjoyed the food at WC (skillet offerings aren't my style of food, but kiddo was happy and I loved the salad, bread, desserts and milkshake lol) We also enjoyed eating at the lounge, and the quick service restaurant.. I know it doesn't help, but I'm wondering if you were just there on a bad night :(. I just can't get over the mold!!! So crazy :(

ELG13

Whispering canyon was fun! Not overly obnoxious, food was great, it was a little loud but that was good for us bc we have little ones and they can get a little fidgety after a day in the parks.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
If you want something a bit different....try Trails End in FW. You'll get the HDD food without the show. You're close to the Campfire movie, the marsh-mellow smores, and a hay-ride. As a couple of alternates: Boatwrights at POR, A Carriage Ride, and a night cap with Yehaa Bob. Or just hit Disney Springs - alot of options there that they would like.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom