Best desserts with quick service meal, that don't come in a tub?

pajammies

Original Poster
I get so disappointed when I see chocolate cake as a dessert and then it comes in one of those little tubs. So I'm wondering if anybody has any suggestions for really good QS desserts.

I do know about Sunshine Seasons, BOG and the French Pavilion bakery, and I'm probably forgetting a couple more.:rolleyes: We are on the dining plan so in my case stand alone dessert like the Cronut wouldn't count.:(

And more specifically I'm looking for something at Magic Kingdom, but any suggestions would be great.
Thanks

stevehousse

A really good bang for your buck, especially if you are on the dining plan, is to go to Caseys Corner in MK! The desserts you can choose from are either a brownie, a box of Cracker Jack, or the best option, which is a giant bag of cotton candy!!! Yes, you can get a giant bag of cotton candy for dessert! When we were there in May we got 2 brownies and 3 cotton candies and we shared the brownies at dinner and saved the cotton candy for the parade / fireworks later in the evening!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I get so disappointed when I see chocolate cake as a dessert and then it comes in one of those little tubs. So I'm wondering if anybody has any suggestions for really good QS desserts.

I do know about Sunshine Seasons, BOG and the French Pavilion bakery, and I'm probably forgetting a couple more.:rolleyes: We are on the dining plan so in my case stand alone dessert like the Cronut wouldn't count.:(

And more specifically I'm looking for something at Magic Kingdom, but any suggestions would be great.
Thanks
Besides some you mentioned and in sure I'm leaving some out as well lol :
(Oh and don't discount every item that comes in one of those tubs because some are quite tasty)

CHH @ MK has a seasonal cobler usually apple that is very good

Pinocchio Village Haus/ & Cosmic Rays @ MK has chocolate gelato (also sugar free mango gelato)

Cosmic Rays @ MK also has a carrot cake (yes it's in that tub but it's really good)

BOG @ MK has the different cupcakes that are very good and cream puffs to choose from at lunch as well

Starring Rolls @ HS has quite a few options (can do quick service there because they have sandwiches etc)

Pizzafari/ Restaurantaurus @ AK have chocolate mousse and/ cheesecake in a glass (both are quite tasty)

Electric Umbrella @ Epcot has strawberry cheesecake (yes comes in one of those tubs but it's good)

Liberty Inn @ Epcot has apple pie

Sommmerset @ Epcot (QS in Germany)
has apple strudel / and German chocolate cake

Yak and Yeti QS @ AK has Tripple chocolate mousse/ and Pineapple coconut cake

Fairfax Fare @ HS (yes it is a quick service some don't realize) has a Bannana Parfait and also a Vanilla Cake - with Chocolate Custard and Oreo Cookie Crunch

Last edited:

pajammies

Original Poster
stevehousse - thanks, I could do cotton candy, that sounds pretty good, now getting me daughter to eat a hot dog may be another story:rolleyes:

sxeensweet -thanks for the info, except for Germany and BOG, I didn't really know what those other places had. Oh and starring rolls IF that's the place with all the yummy looking cupcakes.

Fairfax fare sounds yummy!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
stevehousse - thanks, I could do cotton candy, that sounds pretty good, now getting me daughter to eat a hot dog may be another story:rolleyes:

sxeensweet -thanks for the info, except for Germany and BOG, I didn't really know what those other places had. Oh and starring rolls IF that's the place with all the yummy looking cupcakes.

Fairfax fare sounds yummy!
Yes Starring Rolls is the one with all the yummy looking cupcakes, and other goodies. Oh and we love Fairfax Fare as they have a delicious Truffle Mac and Cheese hot dog! If you want to check out any menus of the mentioned places and others you can look on this website or on allears.net as well. :)
Oh and I know you know about SS @ Epcot but we absolutely love the Strawberry Shortcake there (but they also have a ton of other delicious deserts lol) and the Turkey Sandwhich on chibbata w/chipotle mayo. :)

stevehousse

They do have nachos and corn dog nuggets as well! My one boy doesn't eat hot dogs either, he had fries and brownies for dinner and then ate that cotton candy later !

pajammies

Original Poster
I look at those menus all the time, but I guess I don't pay too much attention to the quick service desserts. I think I look at dessert more when it's a table service meal. That strawberry shortcake sure does have a good name for itself, I constantly read about how good it is, but I always choose chocolate :D

stevehousse -that's a great meal for the kid, lol. Quite honestly I wish I could do the same!

stevehousse

Just looking from a price point perspective, Casey's dessert prices:

Brownie - $2.99
Cracker Jack - $2.59
Cotton Candy - $4.19!!!

And it's the same size bag you would get from the stands around the park! So if u r on the dining plan it's a great deal!

pajammies

Original Poster
True, that cotton candy is a better deal, and yummy. Definitely not interested in the cracker jacks, have you had in the last decade or so? Yuk

Eta: Do you by any bizarre chance remember what flavor they had?

pajammies

Original Poster
Roaring Forks has soft serve ice cream you can get yourself.
Harambe Market has an African Milk Tart, which is kind of like rice pudding in a coffee/chocolate tart shell

:facepalm: Are you serious, this is coffee flavored? I wanted to try it, but believe it or not, I am one of about 10 people on the planet that does not like coffee.
In the description I saw it says nothing about coffee. :(

SayCheers!

These are from the bakery at Boardwalk. We had sandwiches there for lunch and these for desert. I think they were included as part of the QS dining plan desert vs. a separate snack credit, but I'm also sure we would have purchased them regardless so I could be wrong about that. What I do know is they were beautiful and delicious - and the food was good, too. One of the few times I actually cared about leaving room for desert. Another reason to make the choice between Beach Club and Polynesian so difficult.

Attachments

• IMG_3369.JPG
    IMG_3369.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_3370.JPG
    IMG_3370.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_3371.JPG
    IMG_3371.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3372.JPG
    IMG_3372.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 40

pajammies

Original Poster
These are from the bakery at Boardwalk. We had sandwiches there for lunch and these for desert. I think they were included as part of the QS dining plan desert vs. a separate snack credit, but I'm also sure we would have purchased them regardless so I could be wrong about that. What I do know is they were beautiful and delicious - and the food was good, too. One of the few times I actually cared about leaving room for desert. Another reason to make the choice between Beach Club and Polynesian so difficult.

We are planning on going to the Boardwalk, so I will check out that menu. Thank you
Do you remember what they were, they look great. That first one sure does look interesting!

SayCheers!

The first was a red velvet cupcake, the chocolate that says "Boardwalk" was a salted caramel something (brownie?), the Mickey might have been a mousse with a chocolate crust (??), and the last one had something with bacon (my husband's). My daughter thought her cupcake looked so nice she took it back to our room in the box and just stared at it for awhile lol. There might be better dessert at Mickey World, but so far this is the best selection of top-notch treats I've seen in one place.

pajammies

Original Poster
The first was a red velvet cupcake, the chocolate that says "Boardwalk" was a salted caramel something (brownie?), the Mickey might have been a mousse with a chocolate crust (??), and the last one had something with bacon (my husband's). My daughter thought her cupcake looked so nice she took it back to our room in the box and just stared at it for awhile lol. There might be better dessert at Mickey World, but so far this is the best selection of top-notch treats I've seen in one place.

Thank you, the first one is really pretty, but I want anything that is salted caramel and chocolate! :hungry: And the mousse sounds good and... I'll just stop:D

Innkeeper's Club

We are planning on going to the Boardwalk, so I will check out that menu. Thank you
Do you remember what they were, they look great. That first one sure does look interesting!
Since you plan on visiting the Boardwalk I would highly recommend getting a Ice Cream Sundae at Seashore Sweets. For only $6.19 you get a two scoops of Ice Cream with your choice of three toppings each time they are made huge. Plus if you happen to have an Annual Pass you get 10% off.

righttrack

:facepalm: Are you serious, this is coffee flavored? I wanted to try it, but believe it or not, I am one of about 10 people on the planet that does not like coffee.
In the description I saw it says nothing about coffee. :(

I thought so. It's very mildly flavored regardless, but it seemed a coffee/chocolate flavor to me. I don't think it would be off-putting because it is mild and is chocolate as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom