Best deluxe resort for the Christmas holiday season

HauntedMansionFLA

Original Poster
I am looking for feedback regarding what you think is the best deluxe resort for the Christmas Holiday season. Feel free to talk about the resorts holiday decor, transportation to each park and what makes that resort stand out to you. Thank you very much!!!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
WL hands down. For us, the warm, woodsy feel of the lodge is a perfect resort for the winter months...and when a massive tree, lighted garland and illuminated forest animals are added to the majestic lobby...WOW. Just wow. It makes us smile every time we pass through it.

The walkway to the bus stop is also decorated with lighted garland and what a "welcome home" it provides after a long day at the parks! Simply beautiful.

Closer to Christmas the resort has nightly entertainment around the Christmas tree. We have enjoyed choirs (young and old!) performing holiday tunes.

We like that WL has both a bus and boat option to MK. We enjoy the boat to Ft. Wilderness for Trails End or Hoop Dee Doo, followed by a stroll through the amazingly decorated campsites!! A boat from WL goes to the Contemporary, which gives the monorail as an option for transport to MK or Epcot.

Not even the ongoing WL construction is preventing us from changing our December arrival this year. :happy:

Toad Hall

I'm going to put in a vote for the Grand Floridian. It's usually not my favorite of the Deluxes, but they go all out for the holiday season and it just has an incredible feel to it.

At the very least, get over there and check out the gingerbread house. Not sure if they still have evening entertainment, but a few years back they had some good musical entertainment in the evenings.

NYwdwfan

WL hands down. For us, the warm, woodsy feel of the lodge is a perfect resort for the winter months...and when a massive tree, lighted garland and illuminated forest animals are added to the majestic lobby...WOW. Just wow. It makes us smile every time we pass through it.

The walkway to the bus stop is also decorated with lighted garland and what a "welcome home" it provides after a long day at the parks! Simply beautiful.

Closer to Christmas the resort has nightly entertainment around the Christmas tree. We have enjoyed choirs (young and old!) performing holiday tunes.

We like that WL has both a bus and boat option to MK. We enjoy the boat to Ft. Wilderness for Trails End or Hoop Dee Doo, followed by a stroll through the amazingly decorated campsites!! A boat from WL goes to the Contemporary, which gives the monorail as an option for transport to MK or Epcot.

Not even the ongoing WL construction is preventing us from changing our December arrival this year. :happy:

We stayed at WL in November one year and we came back to our room one night and saw them putting up the tree and decorations. There were people all along the hallways that overlook the lobby with chairs watching the transformation. We watched for a bit and then went to sleep as we had young kids. When we awoke the next morning we ran out of our room to see the finished product. It was awesome.

epcotisbest

We stayed at WL in November one year and we came back to our room one night and saw them putting up the tree and decorations. There were people all along the hallways that overlook the lobby with chairs watching the transformation. We watched for a bit and then went to sleep as we had young kids. When we awoke the next morning we ran out of our room to see the finished product. It was awesome.
We saw the transition one year as well. Nothing there one day, beautiful Christmas decorations there the next morning. Magical.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
We saw the transition one year as well. Nothing there one day, beautiful Christmas decorations there the next morning. Magical.
One of my favorite memories ever...going to sleep one night and awakening to fully decked out Christmas the next! :D

surfsupdon

Wilderness Lodge is great. Agreed.

The Epcot Deluxes are beautiful, and very well executed. Because they are more "hotel-like," all common areas have decorations present on the interior corridors (minus room hallways) and the lake sides of the resorts carry the nautical Christmas theme with trees, wreathes, lights, poinsettias, and Christmas songs piped in.

Tho GF has a great Christmasy lobby, not much around the grounds are as decorated. The buildings are separate, instead of corridor hotel like, so the decorations seemed lacking. Same story at the Poly.

But yeah, Wilderness Lodge is a beauty :)

HauntedMansionFLA

Original Poster
Wilderness Lodge is great. Agreed.

The Epcot Deluxes are beautiful, and very well executed. Because they are more "hotel-like," all common areas have decorations present on the interior corridors (minus room hallways) and the lake sides of the resorts carry the nautical Christmas theme with trees, wreathes, lights, poinsettias, and Christmas songs piped in.

Tho GF has a great Christmasy lobby, not much around the grounds are as decorated. The buildings are separate, instead of corridor hotel like, so the decorations seemed lacking. Same story at the Poly.

But yeah, Wilderness Lodge is a beauty :)
Is that a good review for the EPCOT resorts? We have looked at the Beach Club.

surfsupdon

Is that a good review for the EPCOT resorts? We have looked at the Beach Club.
Absolutely. I love Yacht/Beach/BoardWalk.

Another pro is that you have the ability to Resort hop and look at Christmas Decor at Yacht/Beach/BoardWalk/Swan/Dolphin. You are not isolated at all!!! Dolphin has terrific Christmas entertainment, it is "Santa's Favorite Resort" after all.

I highly recommend these Resorts at any time of year, but especially at Christmas time, and especially New Years Week (2/4 parks you walk to--no road/bus traffic!)

slappy magoo

Absolutely. I love Yacht/Beach/BoardWalk.

Another pro is that you have the ability to Resort hop and look at Christmas Decor at Yacht/Beach/BoardWalk/Swan/Dolphin. You are not isolated at all!!! Dolphin has terrific Christmas entertainment, it is "Santa's Favorite Resort" after all.

I highly recommend these Resorts at any time of year, but especially at Christmas time, and especially New Years Week (2/4 parks you walk to--no road/bus traffic!)

IMHO, this also provides a good argument for the Contemporary. I know the general theme of the resort feels a little too generic for a lot of people but I find their decorations lovely. But you are also a fun monorail ride away from Poly & GF, as well as (usually) a boat ride away to WL and FW to check out how they're dolling up. Maybe not as convenient as just walking, but a fun little adventure, a good way to spend an off-day.

ekutchey

WL is the best. The tree is amazing, much of this is because of its size in the huge lobby area. I also would highly recommend WL anytime of year.

*Just be aware of the construction taking place on the beach/DVC villas side of the resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom