Best Attraction Facade/Building

HokieDevil

MK-Splash Mountain because of all the details from the outside, the queue and detail through out the ride (even though currently I would like to see them do a rehab on the ride and fix some of the scenes) I also love the Haunted Mansion, a building that is able to evoke an erie if not haunted notion without any of the typical broken windows and poor upkeep.

EPCOT- If it were just about the facades and architecture, all of World Showcase. But if it must house an attraction I would say SSE.

MGM- No contest it would have to be Tot. Amazingly well done in telling the story. I even like that on Sunset Blvd there is a billboard advertising the Hotel pre lightning strike. I am a huge nerd for all those little details.

AK- I have yet to go on EE, and I am certain from what I have read and seen it is pretty amazing, but with that said, I love Countdown to Extinction (Dinosaur). The building is well down. The details are great. I think its really well done and a great piece of architecture.

erasure fan1

Magic Kingdom: Splash mountain
Epcot: Spaceship earth (no wand)
Animal Kingdom: Everest
MGM Studios: Star tours with Muppets a near 2nd.

One of my favorite parts of Disney is the detail of the theming of the rides and the attention to detail they put into the facades is amazing. Its hard to choose the best because they are all fantastic.

bassman

all of 'em, hands down.
they are all awesome,they all look amazing.
its disney,neither are better than the other.:king: :D

Slowjack

If we're talking buildings/facades only, I'm going to think about facades that really enhance the experience before you even go through them, really add to the area themeing, and so on.

Epcot: Mexico pavilion building
MK: Haunted Mansion
Studios: Great Movie Ride (back, of course, when you could see it!)
AK: Tree of Life

There are other rides with better overall queue experiences, like PotC or ToT, but I think the above are all situations where the facade/building makes a huge statement.

LaughingGravy

I'm a really big fan of the Grauman's Chinese Theater and forecourt they spent a lot of effort and money on recreating.

It's too bad no one sees it :cry:

Teenchy

My choices are

MK: Space Mountain. It was so unique at the time it was built. And although I love Splash, its a mountain (although with its own twist), which had been done before and will be done again.

Epcot: Spaceship Earth. If you have ever read or watched anything about the construction of this geo-sphere we all love (minus the wand!) It was and is an engineering marvel. I'm still amazed when I think about "Where has all that rain gone during a summer thunderstorm

MGM: TOT Wow what detail and theming. But then again not much else to pick from at MGM.

AK: Tree of Life Ok this was my toughest to pick. Everest is incredible. The detail and theming could be tops but again its a Mountain(I know someone will want to flame me). I think the Tree of Life is so unique and the detail is incredible. Plus it fits so well into the overall theme of the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom