Best Attraction Facade/Building

Skippy

I love the overal theming of the Hollywood Tower Hotel. Awesome. Epcot-Mission: Space. Animal Kingdom, Everest. Magic Kingdom, Haunted Mansion.

nyy102

I would have to say ToT (can't beat the Hollywood Tower Hotel), HM (great theming, plus it hides such a large building so well), SSE (even with that wand), and the Tree of Life (just really cool).

Epcot82Guy

Tough one.

SSE wins, I think. I also think a lot of the MK attractions are top notch, particularly Space Mountain, Mansion, BTMRR, Tiki Room, and the main entry of TL.

I also loved the original facades at EPCOT Center, but I realize they have since been dated. I do think IMAG at night is still pretty darn cool.

CThaddeus

I like your way of doing this, Scar:

Magic Kingdom - Space Mountain
EPCOT - Spaceship Earth
Disney-MGM Studios - Tower of Terror (don't care for the attraction, but gotta give props for great theming)
Animal Kingdom - It's Tough to Be a Bug (Tree of Life)

For me:

Magic Kingdom: Space Mountain/Splash Mountain
Epcot: Spaceship Earth
MGM Studios: Tower of Terror
Animal Kingdom: Expedition Everest

"...man follows his dream with mine's own heart, and when it becomes a reality..."

Tinkerbella16

MK: Haunted Mansion
EPCOT: Mexico (inside and out, that pavilion is beautiful), and SSE
MGM: Tower of Terror
AK: Everest and Tree of Life

SarahBella82

AK: Village of Harambe for me. Love the detail-- right down to the walkways.
EPCOT: Inside Mexico/Outside Morocco
MGM: TOT
MK: POTC

kcnole

My top 5

5. Tomorrowland Transit Authority: So there's not really anything to the theming of the entrance to the ride, but this is the only ride left that allows me to just sit back, relaxe and take in the beauty of the Magic Kingdom. It's especially beautiful at night.

4. The Haunted Mansion: This classic shows just how beautiful a creepy building can be. Bonus points for being designed so well as to not hint at how much show building their truly is. I never even knew there was a huge show building until I read it online.

3. The Tower of Terror: Until Expedition Everest was built, this was my number 2. It is truly the most detailed queu and facade I've ever seen. I hate the drop portions of the ride, but I'll do it just to walk through that queue and the forward moving portion through the twilight zone room.

2. Expedition Everest: Probably the most visually stunning facade for any ride. Even if there was no ride going through it, the mountain would have been worth building just for how beautiful it looks in the skyline of DAK.

1. SpaceShip Earth (Pre wand): This was a conundrum to rank this. In its current state it probably falls to number 4 on the list, possibly even off the list all together. That's just how much I despise the wand. However, in it's pure form, without the wand, SSE is probably THE most beautiful piece of architecture ever created. It has all the magic of Cinderella's Castle with all the charm of beautiful architecture. I could sit there and just look at it for over an hour and never get tired of it. It truly is a work of art. And to see how they've defaced it just infuriates me. The day they remove that wand will be one of the best days of my life.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom