best area at okw for awesome view?

zoenaveau

Original Poster
Hey everyone! Just wondering which area of old key west resort would be best to ask for? We are getting a 1br villa and want a beautiful view from the balcony :) proximity to main house isn't an issue as we have a car. Thanks!!

epcotisbest

Hey everyone! Just wondering which area of old key west resort would be best to ask for? We are getting a 1br villa and want a beautiful view from the balcony :) proximity to main house isn't an issue as we have a car. Thanks!!
We were in building 46 along Peninsular Road. Had a great view of the water and watched boats go by every morning while having breakfast on the balcony. I can't imagine a better location, but there might be. It was close to a bus stop and quiet pool, just ideal.

MorganKelly

I think it would be buildings 46 and 45 in that order. It is bliss to sit on the porch with a view of the Trumbo Canal. Very relaxing. Buildings 32 and 34 are good choices for golf course and lake views.

Alix26

We were in building 62, it was a short walk to hospitality house, pools and transport. Here is map and the view which we had. we even had turtles sunbathing outside our room. Maps_Full_19922.jpg
562350_10152725776050157_1444057510_n.jpg

DABIGCHEEZ

We were in building 46 along Peninsular Road. Had a great view of the water and watched boats go by every morning while having breakfast on the balcony. I can't imagine a better location, but there might be. It was close to a bus stop and quiet pool, just ideal.

We were in building 45 the last time and would say the same. Peaceful and relaxing while out on the deck in morning. We always have car so bus stops are not a concern for us, but wife took bus back a few times and it was not very far.

BigRedDad

I ask this question simply from naivity or my personal choice. How often do you sit on the patio or balcony to enjoy the view?

I know some poeple go to Disney World to relax. I go to WDW to enjoy the parks, the entertainment, and everything else it has to offer. For me, sitting on a balcony looking at something is not what I am really paying for. I would prefer going out to look at what I can see from the balcony and experience the resort.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I ask this question simply from naivity or my personal choice. How often do you sit on the patio or balcony to enjoy the view?.
I know you didn't ask me, but for my family a nice view from a balcony is uber-important. NOTHING beats watching Wishes (or Illuminations) from a balcony and then being able to go immediately inside the room and retire for the night.

And we wouldn't even think of staying at AKL without a savanna view.

epcotisbest

I ask this question simply from naivity or my personal choice. How often do you sit on the patio or balcony to enjoy the view?

I know some poeple go to Disney World to relax. I go to WDW to enjoy the parks, the entertainment, and everything else it has to offer. For me, sitting on a balcony looking at something is not what I am really paying for. I would prefer going out to look at what I can see from the balcony and experience the resort.
For us, who are early risers, we start every day with coffee on the balcony. Our trips have evolved to trips of relaxation with theme parks on the side. You could save a ton of money and stay offsite if you have no interest in the resort or view.
A couple of weeks ago we stayed at AKL-Kidani and spent a good hour or two each morning enjoying breakfast and coffee on the balcony. We do the same thing at VWL, our favorite. We could go anywhere to relax, and we do take trips to other places, but there is no rule that you cannot relax and just enjoy the ambiance at a Disney resort.

DABIGCHEEZ

I know some poeple go to Disney World to relax. I go to WDW to enjoy the parks, the entertainment, and everything else it has to offer.

Isn't sitting on a balcony for breakfast and enjoying the peaceful sounds one of those "everything else" offerings? It is not like we sit there from sun up to sundown. We have been to the parks too many times over the years so that rushing to get there and do-it-all is not how we do things now-a-days. We (son & I) enjoy birding... so we thoroughly enjoyed IDing the morning chorus of bird songs and evening frog calls from across the canal when we were there.

Sorry to dissappoint you but it is not all about RNRC, EE, and BTMRR for us.

worldfanatic

Sitting on the balcony enjoying the various views is a critical part of a WDW vacation for me.
Park commandos don't get it, but who cares.
Old Key West has some of the most relaxing balcony views anywhere in the "World".
The action you'll see might only be birds & squirrels, but it's so mellow and relaxing.
I prefer to start my vacation here before moving to a resort with a more "happening" balcony view.

ToTBellHop

Having young kids, the balcony is invaluable. It is so nice that when the kids go to bed at 8, my wife and I don't have to sit in darkness. We can head out to the balcony, talk, and take in the wonderful atmosphere of a Disney vacation. When we were on our honeymoon 5 years ago, we would have had no need for a balcony (and we didn't have the money for a deluxe, so it was a moot point).

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

Where do you typically stay?

For a lot of us DVC members, a big part of why we are members is for the deluxe resorts. Our park commando days are behind us. We get to what we get to.

MorganKelly

I know some poeple go to Disney World to relax. I go to WDW to enjoy the parks, the entertainment, and everything else it has to offer. For me, sitting on a balcony looking at something is not what I am really paying for. I would prefer going out to look at what I can see from the balcony and experience the resort.[/QUOT

Eating breakfast or just enjoying a cup of coffee on the porch is wonderfully relaxing for us. An adult beverage in the evenings is nice as well. :joyfull: We are long-time WDW visitors and have been DVC members since 1992. Our commando visits are few and far between these days. We enjoy the parks tremendously, but we build in time to "smell the roses" too. It is a plan that works well for us with just the right mix of touring, shopping and relaxation.

Rob562

Getting back to the original question, since proximity to the main building and bus stops isn't as big of an issue, I have mostly a suggestion of what buildings *not* to get, if possible. IMO, buildings 38, 39, 41, 42, 49 and 50 are too close to the main roads bordering the resort and would get too much traffic noise.

Anything along Peninsular Road is good.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom