best and worst?

Montyboy

Best: Traveling in the morning, checking in, a quick change.. and then jumping in the pool. The switch goes off in my mind that vacation has started.

Worst: First sunny day in a while and we are going to Epcot. Take ten steps off the bus and it starts raining. I want to scream, "Can I be dry for just one day?!"

EPCOT.nut

BEST - Being part of Celebration 25

2nd Best - One night at the Contemporary and watching Wishes from our MK view balcony with a cooler full of beer!

WORST - Getting stuck on Nemo & Friends - the ride soundtrack is very annoying if you have to hear the same repeat 30 times. :hammer: :lol:

DAKOTADISNEY

Tie for best: Riding RNRC with oldest daughter (11) and watching my youngest daughter (5) get her picture taken with Minnie in her matching Minnie dress. And too many others to mention!:)

Worst: Only thing I can think of for worst is listening to other parents yell at their children and telling them that "they spent alot of money to bring them here and they better be good". Not a very Disney attitude.

Hrudey3032

Best thing is being able to spend time with my dad and brother and having a good time.

Worst-That the parks arent 24 hours!! Now that would be cool

Fluxuated

BEST: Last October (A year ago on the 9'th actually) was My Daughter turning 10 on the plane, coming in on final approach to MCO, and the day that followed.

WORST: Same trip. My wife got deathly Ill. it peaked at Epcot later that week, and I had to get her a wheelchair just to get her to the buses to go back to the resort. Then the following morning rushing her up to the hospital, where I was later told, she was lucky to survive. That's the last time I listen to a stubborn woman saying she's ok, and doesn't want to go up there and ruin our trip. Thankfully she's fully recovered.

Pocamahontas

Best- The look on my boyfriends face after I rode Splash Mountain for the first time. You see, I'm a chicken and even though I'm a CM, I really do hate all of those rides...even Splash Mountain, not even when my friends or family beg. And he loves it, because he has this huge thing for Song of the South, and well, he is always talking about how beautiful the ride is. So one day I swallow my fear and we go on it, my idea entirely. And well, I was scared the whole time, but did my best to hide it (not very well). But man, the look on his face...and even every time he brings it up. I don't think I'll be riding it any time soon, but would I go back in time and do it again?:rolleyes: For that face...in a heartbeat.

Worst- I'm a Photopass CM at MK, and one morning a guest(from England) cut in front of one family I was shooting, and well, to be fair I told him I would take his family in just a second, but that this family (they're American) had been waiting in line, and well...he stopped and said very upset "Oh right, I forgot Americans always come first." Which breaks my heart because I would never ever discriminate against a British person, or anyone for that matter. He walked off very upset before I could even start after him. It was aweful really, I felt horrible for the rest of the day.

Hrudey3032

Best- The look on my boyfriends face after I rode Splash Mountain for the first time. You see, I'm a chicken and even though I'm a CM, I really do hate all of those rides...even Splash Mountain, not even when my friends or family beg. And he loves it, because he has this huge thing for Song of the South, and well, he is always talking about how beautiful the ride is. So one day I swallow my fear and we go on it, my idea entirely. And well, I was scared the whole time, but did my best to hide it (not very well). But man, the look on his face...and even every time he brings it up. I don't think I'll be riding it any time soon, but would I go back in time and do it again?:rolleyes: For that face...in a heartbeat.

Worst- I'm a Photopass CM at MK, and one morning a guest(from England) cut in front of one family I was shooting, and well, to be fair I told him I would take his family in just a second, but that this family (they're American) had been waiting in line, and well...he stopped and said very upset "Oh right, I forgot Americans always come first." Which breaks my heart because I would never ever discriminate against a British person, or anyone for that matter. He walked off very upset before I could even start after him. It was aweful really, I felt horrible for the rest of the day.

Well you shouldnt feel bad for doing the right thing.To many people no matter the race of nationality have no patience and if they are going to be rude just think of the family who you stuck up for.I am sure they felt much happier knowing that you stood your ground and took their shot first.So while one person got angry you gave someone else the proper treatment and thats what I look for in a magical vaction is the fairness of most people at Disney(Cast and visitors)

Rabflmom

Best: 1975 trip to to the Magic Kingdom after watching Apollo-Soyuz launch with my niece. (4 years younger than me for her HS graduation gift from me.) The Bi-centennial parade was spectacular. I will never forget that parade. The park was open till 2 AM and it was just magical. Even though we both had always suffered with car sickness just from road trips in the family car, we went on space mountain after taking motion sickness drugs just in case. LOL We had a blast.

Worst: Was only worst for about 2 minutes! LOL Back when there was only 1 or 2 nights of MVMCP-maybe 1986?- I had bought tickets at Sears for the party a month ahead because we had had so much fun the year before. The day of the party I woke up with a stomach virus and was totally miserable all day-barely able to raise my head off the pillow. When my husband got home from work I told him to take our sons age 3 and 8 at the time and go on over for the party. He refused to do it and decided if I wasn't going then no one was! GRRRRRR. So even though I felt horrible, I got up showered, and got the tickets out of my desk. We only had to stop once on the way over! When they opened the gates for the party and I handed the tickets to the CM, she said " Where's the rest of the ticket?" I said, "That's all Sears gave me." Then she says, " Wait a minute, THESE are LAST YEAR'S tickets!" I almost started crying . There was no way to drive home the 75 miles and get the tickets and make it back for the party! I must have had a horrible shocked expression because she got her boss and they let us in without the tickets! They said they knew I really had picked up the wrong tickets by the look on my face. LOL After that I felt wonderful and we really had fun.

rrmossy

Best - the excitement of arriving the first day and seeing the lobby of the Wilderness Lodge again (always great, no matter how many times we go).

Worst - on our last visit, my daughter accidentally left her lanyard full of pins on a hook in the bathroom. We went back 5 minutes later and it was, of course, gone. It her name, address, phone number & age (9) on a big tag at the bottom. We checked with lost & found for weeks afterward and no one turned it in. It really just ruined my faith in people that someone would find and keep something that belonged to a child . . . something that would obviously have a very sentimental value to a child.

EPCOT.nut

Best - the excitement of arriving the first day and seeing the lobby of the Wilderness Lodge again (always great, no matter how many times we go).

Worst - on our last visit, my daughter accidentally left her lanyard full of pins on a hook in the bathroom. We went back 5 minutes later and it was, of course, gone. It her name, address, phone number & age (9) on a big tag at the bottom. We checked with lost & found for weeks afterward and no one turned it in. It really just ruined my faith in people that someone would find and keep something that belonged to a child . . . something that would obviously have a very sentimental value to a child.

Yeah it makes me wonder if a child found it and kept it - but then how would a kid be able to pull that off without parents noticing? hmmm that is pretty sad! :(

kreiderr

Best thing: My honeymoon, if you know what I mean, nudge, nudge, wink, wink.
Worst thing: Having one too many Guiness at the Rose and Crown.

Pocamahontas

Well you shouldnt feel bad for doing the right thing.To many people no matter the race of nationality have no patience and if they are going to be rude just think of the family who you stuck up for.I am sure they felt much happier knowing that you stood your ground and took their shot first.So while one person got angry you gave someone else the proper treatment and thats what I look for in a magical vaction is the fairness of most people at Disney(Cast and visitors)

Thank you! I know it was the right thing to do I just felt crumby for leaving such a bad impression on him. But you're right, the family thanked me over and over for being fair (you see they were late for breakfast at the CP)

Hrudey3032

Thank you! I know it was the right thing to do I just felt crumby for leaving such a bad impression on him. But you're right, the family thanked me over and over for being fair (you see they were late for breakfast at the CP)

Well I think the angry family would have been that way anyway as it sounded as if they woke up on wrong side of bed and weren't in the mood to have fun.

kimmychad

Best: Dining at Jiko one night in 2005, we chatted with a nice gentleman sitting with us at the cooking table. By the end of dinner, we discovered that we were dining with one of the head Imagineers, the chief architect building Expedition Everest at the time. He told us about their trek to Tibet and Nepal to study the architecture and history so they could properly reproduce it for the ride. He could not have been nicer, and we were just thrilled.

Worst: Riding EE in 2006, a lady was in line near us with her 6-7 y.o. daughter, who was dressed as Snow White. Just before boarding, the little girl got scared and said she didn't want to go. She started to cry. Mom started yelling at her "I'm getting on this ride and I don't care what you do!" She took her now terrified kid over to one of the CM's and asked that she watch the child while she rode. The CM (correctly) said that they could not be responsible for unattended children. The mom dragged her child by the arm over to the exit, left her there alone and crying, and came back and got on the ride by herself. Last we saw, one of the CM's was trying to comfort the girl, who by then was screaming in fear. We have seen an escalation of bad parenting at WDW over the years, but this took the cake. I will never forget it.

did you hear about the parents recently that left their child in a stroller while they rode pirates of the carribean? i think they called the police

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Worst: anytime i stayed off-property. i had to sleep on a filthy floor when they didn't have a ______ that we requested, the transportation...never again will i NOT stay on WDW property

Best: in march 04 my sister and i took my 87 year old grandmother to WDW for her first time ever. She was AMAZED! She kept asking "How do they think of all this?" The CMs went absoloutely nuts over her (she was such a cute old lady:)) They gave her magical moments certificates. we were in AK and Timon had a meet & greet line that was quite long. we weren't going to stop, but he ran out of line over to her in her wheelchair to give her a hug and get a pic. While waiting for Spectromagic on night, a random man next to us on main street bought his son and my grammy a mickey balloon. Sadly, she passed away that september and her time in WDW was the last she was really healthy. we even had the balloon reinflated (she had to keep it) for her funeral. i will never forget that trip!

Edit: that's her in my avatar!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom