Best 3D/4D Film

What is the best 3D/4D Film in WDW history?

• Mickey's Philharmagic

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • Magic Journeys

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Muppet*Vision 3-D

Votes: 38 42.7%
  • Captain EO

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • It's Tough to Be a Bug

Votes: 18 20.2%
  • Honey, I Shrunk the Audience

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
I apologize if I am missing one... Out of the list, which 3D/4D film at WDW would you consider to be the best?

Vivid Orange Photo Collage.png

Personally, my vote was a toss-up between Muppet*Vision 3D and It's Tough to be a Bug... In the end, I chose Muppets as my favorite with its clever theatre effects, animatronic usage (including Swedish Chef from the back), and even a live performer coming out all in coalition with the film. I think it is the best use of 3D effects without the use of chair-effects. :)

Pepper's Ghost

Personally, my vote was a toss-up between Muppet*Vision 3D and It's Tough to be a Bug... In the end, I chose Muppets as my favorite with its clever theatre effects, animatronic usage (including Swedish Chef from the back), and even a live performer coming out all in coalition with the film. I think it is the best use of 3D effects without the use of chair-effects. :)
Good question. I found myself in the same predicament as you, but I cheated. Since you allowed multiple votes, I voted for both. 😁 If you change that, I'll have to hem and haw for a bit.

muddyrivers

Without question Muppet*Vision 3D. First it's the last project Jim Henson worked on prior to his death. And then if we're talking about the movie itself, it's classic Muppets. All the best versions of the Muppets, the goofy humor, it's just the Muppets in their best form. Today's Muppets are just different and seeing this attraction always gives me so much joy.

The Empress Lilly

PhilharMagic! It is really good! Still sour though they shipped off Mickey Mouse Revue to Tokyo - imagine the Country Bears being replaced by a screen. I'm that old and bitter.:D

Love PhilharMagic though. It is far more difficult to be emotionally engaged in an anthology than in a single story (see: GMR, Soarin' 2, the mess that is ), but Phil pulls it off remarkably well. At some point in my trip I just want to see my boy Donald and see and hear some classic animation. Woefully out of focus though.

Shared top spot with Magic Journeys, which is somewhat bad but has this most dreamy, melancholic soundtrack that rips straight through my EPCOT soul.

MickeyLuv'r

I barely remember Magic Journeys. I love the Muppets, but the Waldo character is very annoying, and not a Muppet. While I like ITtbaB, I don't know I'd call it Disney's best. The Pixar films are enjoyable, but not a huge draw.

The main character of the Honey I Shrunk IP is an offensive stereotype: the bungling, nerdy scientist with an Eastern European/Polish last name. This country needs more interest in learning and STEM, not less. Sadly, the dumbing down of America continues. Movies/television regular vilify teachers, and rarely show students who enjoy learning as anything other than outcasts. It is so very tiresome.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
I barely remember Magic Journeys. I love the Muppets, but the Waldo character is very annoying, and not a Muppet. While I like ITtbaB, I don't know I'd call it Disney's best. The Pixar films are enjoyable, but not a huge draw.

The main character of the Honey I Shrunk IP is an offensive stereotype: the bungling, nerdy scientist with an Eastern European/Polish last name. This country needs more interest in learning and STEM, not less. Sadly, the dumbing down of America continues. Movies/television regular vilify teachers, and rarely show students who enjoy learning as anything other than outcasts. It is so very tiresome.
So the answer is

MickeyLuv'r

So the answer is
Philarmagic. :)

I had it in my comments initially, then edited them down, and neglected to add it back before posting.

Alas, I got called away while I was typing, then hit post without (time for) proofreading. 🤪 :banghead:

Philarmagic has a nice large theater, so there's rarely much of a wait for the show. I also love how it showcases the personalities of Mickey, Donald, and brings together a number of popular characters and Disney songs. My only small complaint is that it is a bit loud. Even the theater itself is nice.

MickeyLuv'r

The rest of Muppets is great, but I agree that Waldo is annoying (and his 3D effects strain my eyes).
I do like the Sweetums section and Sam Eagle's line, "A salute to all nations, but mostly America."

I also can't help but think, Muppets would be so neat if they had made multiple versions of the show. I'm so happy WDW FINALLY thought to create an attraction with multiple versions, GoG. (and Star Tours).

Even if the Muppets just had like a list of 10-15 different jokes for Stadler and Waldorf to tell at the end of the show, the show would be quite a bit more fun. Or if Sweetums did something slightly different each time. The potential is IN the show, but they didn't think to do variations.

One of the things that REALLY made the Muppets television show fun to watch was Gonzo's variations at the end of the show's opening song. The Disney attraction doesn't have anything like that. It should.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom