Bell Services

edh

Original Poster
Has anyone gotten a job as bell services? I am going to be doing that for the CP. I was wondering how people liked it, and what are all the stuff you do. Also, what are the odds you get put at a nice hotel, or is it basically random.

CaptainMichael

I had put this as one of my choices. I thought it would be a fun job to basically be the first CM guests come in contact with when they arrive.

Scar Junior

I don't think anyone I know has done this role. I've only read at wdwcpinfo (a great site for future CPs) when people talked about the role.

This probably won't be too helpful. But it's the official Disney description:
"The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prior experience in a resort setting are important qualities for individuals in a Bell Services or Dispatch position. Cast Members in this role may assign deliveries, as well as handle Guests’ luggage and phone requests. Good organization, communication and leadership skills are required for directing bellmen, as it pertains to luggage and vehicle deliveries.

Responsibilities may include: greet Guests; handle and store luggage, which requires heavy lifting (including overhead lifting) and taking luggage off buses, vans and cars; tagging luggage to ensure great Guest service, standing for extended periods, and working outdoors. "

bsummer

I worked both Front Desk and Bell Services at the Grand Floridian my first program...Spring Adv. '05. There were only a total of 3 CPs in that role for my program..the lowest of all the resorts due to the level of that hotel. I had never worked in a hotel before, but my interviewer really liked me and I did very well in the interview and we talked heavily about how to handle guest situations because I worked in an upper-end retail store before that. I had mixed feelings about the role, obviously there are days you love it and days you hate it. I worked about every role that a CP was allowed to do in the front office...the list being as follows...Front Desk, Runner, Resort Driver, Bell Captain, Valet Desk, Bellmen, Valet, DME, Phones Room, Lobby Greeter, and a few other odds and ends. I don't think that it is completely random which resort you are put at because some resorts have different qualifications to work there. Usually to work Front Desk/Bell Services for the Grand, it requires two interviews (for people who aren't CPs). But good luck, if you have any specific questions just let me know...now I'm in entertainment because I got tired of hearing guest's problems and being required to fix them...now they tell me and I CAN"T do anything! :)

edh

Original Poster
So if I do Bell Services, does that mean I may end up doing other stuff besides that as well? And I was wondering if they get tips or not. It dosen't hurt to ask. I think I had done really good on my interview, so I am hoping it will be one of the nicer hotels.

edh

Original Poster
So which hotels will I probably have a chance to work at? It would be nice working at one of the top ones, but I bet everyone wants that. I also applied early, so maybe that will give me a better chance.

frank.montel

According to WeAreDisney.info, these resorts are using contracted houskeeping:

Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge Port Orleans,Pop Century, Caribbean Beach,and the Contemporary

and these resorts are using contracted maintenance people:
Grand Floridian, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Yacht and Beach Club, BoardWalk, Coronado Springs and the All Star

That website doesn't say anything about if Disney is outsourcing the positions that you would be hired for though, which means Disney CMs are filling those roles. Looks like any resort operated by Disney is fair game for you, so basically any of the on-properties minus the Swan and Dolphin?

You could email your recruiter and ask to be assigned to a deluxe resort. They won't be able to garuntee anything, but who knows?

When are you going to be there?

edh

Original Poster
I will be going August 13. Its not a huge deal to work at a nicer hotel, but it will be alot more fun. Im just wondering how the people who have done it, liked it.

edh

Original Poster
Anyone know what the costumes look like? I hope its not something ugly, like some other ones I have seen.

edh

Original Poster
I know that, but I just mean in general. Like if its just khaki pants and a polo, or something like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom