Becoming a Character

pluto77

Original Poster
Hi all! I was wondering what the auditions for characters are like. And do you have to have formal dance or acting lessons to become a character? I don't have any planned time to go back down to Florida yet, but I would love to be character when I do go. I've gotten some general information, but I would like to know what exactly they ask you to do in the audition and what kind of questions they ask. And I'm 5'11'' which seems to be in between the sizes so are there even any characters my height? :lol: Thanks!

Sir Hiss527

Since it is a character question I will answer it for you

Pretty much..you have to call and make an interview, then they'll invite to the audition if you are qualified. In the audition they teach you an easy dance, and routine..You go over it like 4 times, then after that you will perform it in front of judges to see if they like the way you move..O yea you also have to pantomime (acting out a scene, without talking) it's not too hard, just smile...

WDWKat26

Yep, go into Casting, go for an interview. They'll give you a sheet with a date and time to go to your audition. At the Audition you are taught a short dance routine and they will also give you a situation to ANIMATE (SirHiss...pantomime? No. We're characters, we Animate :D ) for example, pretend you're going out to play in the snow, or pretend you're at a fiesta, what would you do? They do also say, "We're not looking for dancers, we're looking for animators"

I can give you a list of some characters in your height range, until Disney officially measures you, I can give you an idea of who you can be. BTW, they don't ask any questions at the audition, but they will ask you questions at the interview. If you need more info about entertainment, definitely send me a PM, I can give you some hints for the audition! :)

Night_Aaron

It seems to me lately they've been looking for dancers instead of animators. I think this is a big mistake. I've known many horrible dancers who were fantastic on set and really brought the character to life. Then I've also seen "show" people who haven't done fur in a long time and they don't know the first thing about it. I hope they've stopped focusing on the dancers, there are only so many shows on property.

tk421-sw

Yeah, I had a blast at Auditions! We went for Star Wars Weekend face auditions, but I didn't really look like anybody. They offered my friend the part of luke in the parks, and a full time Power ranger. He's in 11th grade and not able to do that since we live 20 hours away, but, It was fun anyway. They told us to come back the next day and audition. We both were offernd parts but could not take them due to other prior comitments. I will do it sometime, perhaps next summer. But well see. I like my $10 an hour job, but I'd like to do a character just for the fun!

Night_Aaron

I gave up a fairly well-paying job to dress up like a dog or tiger everyday (I guess I'm allowed to talk about it in this post) and I don't regret it for a second. I went to color coding awhile ago right before mine expired in hopes of getting Power Ranger and after I saw the routine I knew I had no chance. Too bad too, I had hoped to let my code expire and now I have to wait a year. Since then they trained me in Stars and Motorcars, Jammin' Jungle Parade and Fantasmic. Ugh. I so wish I had let it expire.

Sir Hiss527

dang, if they offered you and your friend positions...and he's 11th grade. I'd love to audition to see what happens with me. I auditioned earlier in the year, but didn't get called back...they told me to come back 6 months later..which is this month. I wish I could do it again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom