Becoming a Cast Member?

pyschotropic

Original Poster
I would like to become a cast member, but I was wondering how much they usually get paid and would I eventually get a chance to work in Imagineering If I was there long enough? The reason I ask is because I beleive Marty Sklar or someone in Imagineering had worked in the park for a long time and evetually made it to that position.

Paid? It's more of a volunteer type thing with tips...6 bucks an hour to start, 50 hour weeks. Free entry to the parks though. Try the college program first...

MsSnuzi

Information?

One of my students (Dance studio) is interested in working in Disney - behind the scenes - we have several dancers working in WDW, some have gone on to choreograph and such - but noone involved in the set up/designing/building areas. I'd love some direction to offer him. Someone mentioned the college program - any idea where to get more information? Thanks!

TURKEY

CP starts at 6.00, FT/PT start above that. I think 6.50??

It depends on where you work for getting to Imagineering. With the downsizing restructuring of Imagineering, you'll definitely need a BA/BS and more than likely a Masters degree.

MsSnuzi

He's got the degree - in Architecture and minor in dance/theater. Maybe I should check with my dancer/choreographers in the park for some information. Although "Disney" encompasses a huge company - I know they hear some rumors. It's worth a try. I'll have him check out the websites listed too. Thanks for your help!

pyschotropic

Original Poster
My ideal position in Imagineering would be having different backrounds in design and enineering so that I could create a feasible concept, but then turn it over to an engineer to make it work. I beleive John Wardley who's an attraction designer in Europe basically creates and designs everything from coasters to darkrides for themeparks and then turns it over to a ride manufacturer to make it work as well.

cm1988

Skill building to increase your odds

Originally posted by pyschotropic
I would like to become a cast member, but I was wondering how much they usually get paid and would I eventually get a chance to work in Imagineering If I was there long enough? The reason I ask is because I beleive Marty Sklar or someone in Imagineering had worked in the park for a long time and evetually made it to that position.
If your interest in <b>Imagineering</b> as much as or greater than your interest in <b>WDW</B>, you can increase your odds by working as a designer in another company.

Any professional role is going to involve competition for the job. Your experience with a relevant technical skill at another company will make you far more competitive than any experience you might have in a front-line hourly role.

True, Marty Sklar "came up through the ranks". Just wanted to caution you that few find that route into Imagineering.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom