Beach Club Villa - Grocery

pezgirlroy

Original Poster
Good morning,
We will be staying in a one bedroom at Beach Club the second week of January. Used David's Rentals to secure the reservation. Since we will have a 10 month old with us, I am looking at ways to make life a bit easier. Ie having to pack less. I have heard that there is a grocery service (groceries such as diapers et all can be delivered). Our flight does not get in until 9 o'clock Monday night. Tips on how this grocery service works? Bonus points for easy easy meals we could make at night in the kitchen in the villa. Thanks all.

RememberWhen

We have happily used Garden Grocer for several trips. They will deliver to Bell Services and Bell Services will keep the food cool until they can deliver it to you in your room (they won't put it in the hotel room until you have checked in and are there to receive it). For diapers and wipes and such I would probably use Amazon.

pezgirlroy

Original Poster
We have happily used Garden Grocer for several trips. They will deliver to Bell Services and Bell Services will keep the food cool until they can deliver it to you in your room (they won't put it in the hotel room until you have checked in and are there to receive it). For diapers and wipes and such I would probably use Amazon.
How does that work with Amazon? Can I just have a delivery sent to Beach Club? Thanks much.

RememberWhen

Yes. It's been awhile since I've done this, so maybe someone else will chime in with the proper address format.
I think it's something like:
Disneys Beach Club Villas
Name, Res #, check in date
Whatever their actual address is.

They should hold the box for you at bell services. I would not have it arrive more than a day before you check in. Ideally it should arrive the same day you do. With Amazon you can track the package and make sure it's where it is supposed to be.

We did have one problem staying at the boardwalk where an Amazon package was inexplicably delivered to the swan or dolphin. I have no idea why that happened. But we just walked over and got it.

dreamfinder

Something to that effect should work, yes. You need enough information for the shipper to get it to the resort/WDW, and enough information for your resort to know how to tag you in the system as having a package. Then when you check in, they should say "You have a package, let me grab it for you." Personally, I'd shoot to have something arrive 2-3 days before you do. Partially as a just in case to make sure it arrives before you do, and partially due to how WDW handles deliveries. If your Amazon order ends up going USPS as the last mile, it actually ends up going to a central sorting area where it is marked received, and then takes another day or so to actually make it to your room. Or so I was told when a CM was trying to track down where a delivery had gone. So even though USPS says it will/was delivered on Tuesday, it won't actually get to you until Wednesday.

There are several companies that will provide food for you onsite, Garden Grocer and WeGoShop are two of the bigger names. Garden Grocer you basically shop from their website, so they have a limited selection, but you can see exactly what it will cost. They may be able to get things not listed for you, but there is no guarantee. WeGoShop is a personal shopping service. You tell them what you want, and where to go, and they will deliver it for you. Garden Grocer tends to cost more per item, but you know the prices while WeGoShop will charge you exactly what the receipt shows, plus a handling fee.
Amazon Prime Pantry will work well for non perishables if you are a Prime member, but I don't think they do Prime Fresh yet in Orlando.

Our last trip we ended up using Prime Pantry for baby food pouches, cereal, etc. Prime for diapers/wipes, and WeGoShop for fresh food. Garden Grocer couldn't/wouldn't get some of the food we needed but WeGoShop would.

pezgirlroy

Original Poster
Something to that effect should work, yes. You need enough information for the shipper to get it to the resort/WDW, and enough information for your resort to know how to tag you in the system as having a package. Then when you check in, they should say "You have a package, let me grab it for you." Personally, I'd shoot to have something arrive 2-3 days before you do. Partially as a just in case to make sure it arrives before you do, and partially due to how WDW handles deliveries. If your Amazon order ends up going USPS as the last mile, it actually ends up going to a central sorting area where it is marked received, and then takes another day or so to actually make it to your room. Or so I was told when a CM was trying to track down where a delivery had gone. So even though USPS says it will/was delivered on Tuesday, it won't actually get to you until Wednesday.

There are several companies that will provide food for you onsite, Garden Grocer and WeGoShop are two of the bigger names. Garden Grocer you basically shop from their website, so they have a limited selection, but you can see exactly what it will cost. They may be able to get things not listed for you, but there is no guarantee. WeGoShop is a personal shopping service. You tell them what you want, and where to go, and they will deliver it for you. Garden Grocer tends to cost more per item, but you know the prices while WeGoShop will charge you exactly what the receipt shows, plus a handling fee.
Amazon Prime Pantry will work well for non perishables if you are a Prime member, but I don't think they do Prime Fresh yet in Orlando.

Our last trip we ended up using Prime Pantry for baby food pouches, cereal, etc. Prime for diapers/wipes, and WeGoShop for fresh food. Garden Grocer couldn't/wouldn't get some of the food we needed but WeGoShop would.
This is very helpful. Thank you.

RememberWhen

Great information. I hadn't thought about the smart post option, but having it arrive before you, but not too long, is probably a great idea. I would worry if it was sitting around for a week or more that it would be easier to misplace, but a couple of days should be fine.

toolsnspools

I'm sure if you call the hotel desk they can give you specifics about having a package sent. May not hurt to ask them about other ideas to help with making your stay with the little one easier as well. They're there to help.

Phonedave

YOu can also pack and ship stuff yourself. We did this when there were 7 of us staying in a treehouse. WE packed abox with items such as cerial, pancake mix, chips, etc. and then ordered persihables through Garden Grocer. Just ship the box to the resort ahead of time and they will hold it.

Most of the time we just use garden grocer. We do throw some stuff in our suticases as well (laundry detergent, splenda, coffee, stuff like that). We get a checked bag each for free on United, so we use the space to hold groceries on the way down, and then souvineers on the way home.

-dave

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Garden grocer is very convenient and easy to use. You can give them an arrival time for when you want the groceries and they will deliver right to the hotel. If you aren't in the room they keep your groceries at bell services and they have a walkin fridge to keep the perishables cold. They even deliver beer and wine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom