Beach club standard room vs. BCV studio?

Otooleh

Original Poster
Just curious about the difference/benefits to a beach club standard room vs. a BCV studio (or maybe a 1 bedroom)? I'm thinking about renting DVC points to get a studio room (I like the kitchenette). But the standard rooms look like they have a fridge and coffee maker too. Is the difference the microwave?
What would you do if you had to choose? It will be 2-3 adults and 1 child for a week. I want the ability to eat some meals in our room to save money.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Well, the 1 bedroom comes with a full kitchen, along with a washer & dryer as well. Much easier to cook in a full kitchen over just a microwave. More room for the adults as well with the 1 bedroom. I would never even consider a studio with 4 people anymore. We book a 1 bedroom even for just the 2 of us.

You will have to book at least 8-11 months in advance for BCV, as they fill up very quickly with DVC owners. Don't expect anything to be available at the 6 month or less mark. If you can't plan that far in advance, it's very doubtful that you will get to stay at BCV.

Otooleh

Original Poster
Well, the 1 bedroom comes with a full kitchen, along with a washer & dryer as well. Much easier to cook in a full kitchen over just a microwave. More room for the adults as well with the 1 bedroom. I would never even consider a studio with 4 people anymore. We book a 1 bedroom even for just the 2 of us.

You will have to book at least 8-11 months in advance for BCV, as they fill up very quickly with DVC owners. Don't expect anything to be available at the 6 month or less mark. If you can't plan that far in advance, it's very doubtful that you will get to stay at BCV.

Thanks, good to know. A 1-bedroom does seem easier to cook in. We won't be traveling until June 2017, so we can definitely book right at the 11 month mark.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Thanks, good to know. A 1-bedroom does seem easier to cook in. We won't be traveling until June 2017, so we can definitely book right at the 11 month mark.
Good luck! The rooms are all being refurbed right now, and will be completed before the end of the year. Should be good to go.

Otooleh

Original Poster
Good luck! The rooms are all being refurbed right now, and will be completed before the end of the year. Should be good to go.

Awesome, thank you! So you definitely think it's worth the extra money to get the one bedroom versus a studio or a standard room?

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Awesome, thank you! So you definitely think it's worth the extra money to get the one bedroom versus a studio or a standard room?
Well, it absolutely is worth the extra points for us. Since we already own, we don't worry about resort costs anymore. But I think that anyone looking to cook meals in the room to save money, would be much better off in a 1 bedroom. Yes, it's more expensive, but so much more relaxing for a vacation that being crammed into a studio or regular hotel room. Be bought into DVC so we could stay in the larger rooms. Heck, our next trip with 4 of us we are getting a 2 bedroom so each couple has their own, and no one has to sleep on a sofa bed.

Mickey5150

The difference between the 2 is that in a studio the 2nd bed would be a sofabed. Also as you noticed, the villas have a microwave. I've slept in the sofabed at the Boardwalk and I felt it was fine. After a full day at the parks any horizontal surface will work as a bed for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom