Beach Club Opinions

Mukta

BC is my favorite resort and I have stayed there many times. I can leave the lobby of BC and be inside Epcot in 7 minutes.

The newly refurbed rooms are very nice. Here are a few pics from my Sept trip.

IMG_9130_zpsdisvgrjz.jpg

IMG_9131_zpsrqfifhox.jpg

IMG_9136_zpswmvksduc.jpg

IMG_9137_zpsetpiolcx.jpg

IMG_9129_zpsgqintlbv.jpg

IMG_9128_zpssiq7cedz.jpg

IMG_9024_zpst5jcs66z.jpg

IMG_9025_zpskn0kafed.jpg

IMG_9029_zpspfpkvhvj.jpg

IMG_9030_zpswkw5a9vj.jpg

surfsupdon

Thank you for the pics.

Those rooms at Beach Club certainly put Yacht Club to shame! Yacht has worn carpets and knicked fixtures, and those same fixtures have been in the rooms since forever - I am looking at you headboards and television vanity!!! The Yacht rooms will be a long overdue, vastly welcome upgrade, especially considering how TERRIFIC Beach rooms finished.

BTW, no hate towards Yacht Club as it is our favorite Resort. Just have not stayed with them since 2014, because of the rooms. Cannot wait to head back, once they get the Beach & BoardWalk style renovation!

Incomudro

Beach Club is so close to World Showcase, I've literally strolled over to England to grab some Fish and Chips - and taken them back to eat at Stormalong Bay.
The family will miss Beach Club this year. :(
Animal Kingdom looks gorgeous however.

Rogue21

I stayed at the Beach Club resort last year for the F&W Festival. Do enjoy the Festival during the week. Weekends are crazy busy. It was my first time at the Beach Club, but hopefully not the last. Room was bright. The "garden" view also had a nice view of Illuminations. It was wonderful to be able to walk over to Epcot and the Boardwalk, even Disney Studios.
The counter service restaurant is a bit lacking, but that's probably the only drawback. Best part of the day was coming back from Epcot and relaxing on one of the gliders on the beach. Perhaps even with an adult beverage. :D

Marc Davis Fan

Does the Beach Club have noticeably more families with young children than the Yacht Club? In other words, is the Yacht Club noticeably quieter?

How do they both compare to the Boardwalk in this respect?

Incomudro

Does the Beach Club have noticeably more families with young children than the Yacht Club? In other words, is the Yacht Club noticeably quieter?

I've never stayed in Yacht Club (though I did eat there) so I can't give you a perspective of how quiet the inside of the hotel is as compared to Beach Club. (Yacht Club does have a bit of a Thurston Howell air to it that doesn't appeal to me, but I would stay there if Beach Club were over booked.)
But, they share the same pool, so there's no real difference outside.

surfsupdon

Absolutely, unequivocally, yes! The Beach Club lobby, especially in the morning, is filled to the brim with screaming, crying, over tired children playing games as they wait for their table at the character breakfast. It was a huge deterrent for our family.

The Yacht Club side is very quiet, and has far less young children running amok in the lobby. BoardWalk is very similar to Yacht Club in overall quietness in common areas.....except for being on the boardwalk itself in the evening.

mishel635

Just stayed at Beach Club for the second time in December and LOVED it! I wish I could bottle the smell of the lobby. :happy:
Rooms are gorgeous and you can't beat the location. We do Stormalong Bay in the daytime and the quiet pools at night. The lobby IS busy in the morning but unless you are eating there you can usually avoid it. Can't wait to go back someday!

Incomudro

Just stayed at Beach Club for the second time in December and LOVED it! I wish I could bottle the smell of the lobby. :happy:
Rooms are gorgeous and you can't beat the location. We do Stormalong Bay in the daytime and the quiet pools at night. The lobby IS busy in the morning but unless you are eating there you can usually avoid it. Can't wait to go back someday!

The smell of the lobby is Green Clover and Aloe. ;)

WDW74

Yankee Candle Beach Walk.

Mukta

I'm a rode drop person, I so leave my hotel pretty early and I don't return until all of the parks are closed, so the YC and the BC lobbies seemed the same to me.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
So is it even crowded on week nights? Sorry, I'm not trying to turn this into a F&W thread!

We have gone to F&W the last several years, and even just this past year, as long as you went from Sunday evening to Friday afternoon, it really wasn't that crowded. Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday early are definitely days to avoid.

surfsupdon

I'm a rode drop person, I so leave my hotel pretty early and I don't return until all of the parks are closed, so the YC and the BC lobbies seemed the same to me.

There is a huge difference, especially in the mornings for breakfast and in the evenings for the clambake dinner. There are toys brought out for kids to play with, and they are scattered over the floor in the area of the restaurant.

Incomudro

There is a huge difference, especially in the mornings for breakfast and in the evenings for the clambake dinner. There are toys brought out for kids to play with, and they are scattered over the floor in the area of the restaurant.
I never ate in the restaurant.
Even when my sons were only seven years old.
Then again, we've only gone to BC in early May and it's quite quiet there at that time of year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom