Beach Club Club Level

shc05

Original Poster
Hey everyone! My wife and I booked our one-year wedding anniversary trip for the first week of November (technically late October and the first week of November) 2016. We were considering a few options and ended up booking a club level room at the Beach Club. I remember loving the Beach Club as a child and have always been fond of staying in the Epcot area. I was just wondering if anyone has any experiences with the club level at the Beach Club. We were deciding between the club levels at the Yacht, Beach and Boardwalk. We could still technically change to one of the others and I just discovered this awesome site so I thought I'd see what everyone thinks. My wife has only been to Disney World once and it was when she was a small child so I want to make this as special as possible. Thanks!!

Sam

belledream

Beach Club was my favorite resort as a child too! We had one experience at club level where I remember the rooms and balconies to be similar to the other rooms, with the addition of a concierge that served addicting Smartfood Popcorn. This was at least 10 years ago and I'm sure things have changed. But good memories :)

surfsupdon

Beach Club just got a terrific room renovation and the Club Lounge got larger and COMPLETELY remodeled! It is terrific, you will really like it. What a great treat for your wife.

BoardWalk Club Level is great as well. Cannot go wrong here. But I currently give the edge to Beach Club because it is newer from the refurb and was more of a total room redo.

Yacht Club is a terrific Resort, but the rooms are so outdated. Only stay here if the rooms and Club Lounge have been redone. They have not been yet, so Yacht should not be on your radar. But consider if their Club Level floor gets the total refurb!

JusticeDisney

I think you made a tremendous choice with the BC. In my opinion, it is better than the YC (especially considering how much in need of a refurb the YC is), and it blows the Boardwalk away (horrible pool and no real restaurants inside the resort). I actually think that the BC is the best resort on property.

However, I think going club level at BC or anywhere else for that matter is a complete waste of money. Paying so much more for what amounts to little more than some snacks on your floor is crazy to me. In fact, I know someone who used to work for Disney and this person told me that club level is universally recognized within Disney as a total sucker bet. This person told me that Disney essentially laughs at all the extra money that people are willing to actually pay for club level in exchange for getting so little in return.

Anyway, I hope you have a wonderful anniversary trip!

NovaCite

We stayed at the Beach Club club level in early December for the first time and it was great! The newly remodeled rooms and club lounge looked fantastic, and the enlarged lounge had plenty of seating. We also found the Beach Club staff to be friendly and helpful.

I second the previous post about Yacht Club. Their lounge reopened in early December after being remodeled, but their rooms still haven't been remodeled.

We have stayed at a few club levels now, and we liked Beach Club so much that we have switched our 2016 Grand Floridian Royal Palm Club reservation to the Beach Club for a return trip. We found the food offerings in the lounge comparable to what you get at GF RPC, and far better than what is offered at the Polynesian club level. Service was much better at Beach Club than Poly, too, for a lower price. Wilderness Lodge club level is still our fave, we will probably go back there after construction is completed.

Club level prices can be a bit much, but it's nice to splurge for an anniversary trip! We have been lucky to go on the 40% military discount, keep your eye out for discounts. Good luck and happy planning!

Bairstow

Yacht Club is a terrific Resort, but the rooms are so outdated. Only stay here if the rooms and Club Lounge have been redone. They have not been yet, so Yacht should not be on your radar.
Having just stayed there, the rooms at the Yacht Club didn't seem outdated at all. We did a split stay there and at the Boardwalk and the rooms seemed identical but for color/pattern choices.

Do you have any pictures of the updated Beach Club rooms to compare?

surfsupdon

Having just stayed there, the rooms at the Yacht Club didn't seem outdated at all. We did a split stay there and at the Boardwalk and the rooms seemed identical but for color/pattern choices.

I do not have pics but Beach is in such a better position than Yacht is right now. Yacht has had the furnishings for i feel decades now...the soon to start refurb is very much needed.

NovaCite

When I was deciding where to stay in December, I found a forum dedicated to club level accommodations on another popular Disney web site. They also later posted pictures of the remodeled Yacht Club lounge, which looks very nice. It was mentioned there that the Yacht Club rooms were still waiting for their remodel.

I do have some pics of the Beach Club room we were in, I'll try and make time to post some later. The colors were very nice and the materials/style reminded me a lot of the Grand Floridian rooms that were remodeled around 2013/2014.

JimJam

We stay on the club level every summer and cannot say enough about how great it is. Great cast, great environment, everything about it is wonderful.

NovaCite

Some pictures of our room from our December stay - Beach Club, club level, standard view with two queen beds. Sorry for the quality, these were taken with my phone before we dashed off to Epcot!
BC Dec 15.jpg BC DEC 15 2.jpg BC DEC 15 3.jpg BC DEC 15 4.jpg

DrummerAlly

I think you made a tremendous choice with the BC. In my opinion, it is better than the YC (especially considering how much in need of a refurb the YC is), and it blows the Boardwalk away (horrible pool and no real restaurants inside the resort). I actually think that the BC is the best resort on property.

However, I think going club level at BC or anywhere else for that matter is a complete waste of money. Paying so much more for what amounts to little more than some snacks on your floor is crazy to me. In fact, I know someone who used to work for Disney and this person told me that club level is universally recognized within Disney as a total sucker bet. This person told me that Disney essentially laughs at all the extra money that people are willing to actually pay for club level in exchange for getting so little in return.

Anyway, I hope you have a wonderful anniversary trip!

I'm going to throw a slightly different curve ball at this take. We were upgraded to club level at the YC free for our honeymoon five years ago. We never would have paid for it before, but now we would consider it. Last we looked (and I admit this has been a while) it was an extra $100-ish a night. We think it might be worth it it for two adults depending on your habits and is definitely worth it for a family of 4 or 5.

How? My husband and I had breakfast there each morning, probably a combined $15ish value since it's pretty basic offerings. We'd go back for a hearty snack many afternoons - again, basic offerings, probably a combined $10 value. Evenings we'd enjoy appetizers, drinks, and desserts. We'd each have about 2 drinks, appetizers and small desserts and I estimate that if we had the same stuff at a bar we'd easily wrack up a $50 bill. So, thats up to about $75 or so. There is a relaxing and stress relieving element of just walking into the lounge and have a quiet piece of Disney and for us, as a special occasion, that makes up the extra $25 for us. Not an every trip thing, but justifiable for a special occasion.

Now, if you have a family of 4 or 5, between breakfast and evening drinks and desserts you can hit that $100 value REALLY easily and its a no brainer. So, it totally depends on your vacationing style, drinking, and eating preferences but I wouldn't say that its a sucker bet for everyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom