Be our guest lunch & light up pirate cup

kniquy

Original Poster
I just completed our fastpass for BOG lunch. When selecting our beverages it gives the option of a pirate or Ariel light clip cup. It notes that they are 6.99 but allowed under the dining plan. When I add it to our meal selections it is not charging me any extra and it really looks like it is included on the DP.

Has anyone actually gotten these cups under the dining plan? Is it a website mistake or are they really included?

I'm also curious what they look like - anyone have a picture of either one?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
According to the DDP brochure, "Items that are included in a Souvenir Container (such as popcorn and drinks)" are not covered under the DDP. When making your reservation with meal selection, you are not charged for anything, either cash or DDP credit. That is because the advanced order function rarely works and you will have to redo everything when you get to the restaurant, at least that's been my experience the past two times we've eaten at BOG. Meals are paid for (cash or dining plan credit) when you get to the kiosks inside. So yes, you will paying for the beverage in the souvenir cup. Don't know if they provide a picture, but it looks exactly like the light up cup you can purchase in the gift shop next to Gaston's, with a light up straw thingy.

MickeyisMyBestFriend

This same thing happened to us while booking our fast passes there! I don't think it's a glitch but if it was a mistake and many people saw it they are probably still going to honor it. Fingers crossed I can get that Ariel cup!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
It's not a glitch. You can preorder whatever you want and when it comes time to pay at the restaurant and you are paying with dining credits, whatever is not covered under the dining plan will have to be paid for with cash or credit card. All you are doing through the BOG reservation website is PREORDERING, not paying. And the preorder doesn't work most of the time, so you will have to put your order in again. You will still be able to get the Ariel cup, but you will have to pay cash for the beverage in a souvenir cup. The price is shown to let those of us who are not using DDP how much our meal will cost, including tax. But my card isn't charged until I get to the restaurant.

Think about it, when you make ADRs, the system doesn't ask if you are using DDP. That's done by the server when you get to your table. I'm a DVC member. When using my DVC points to stay at a DVC resort, I can purchase the dining plan separately from my resort reservation, up to 48 hours before my check in day.

It's funny, after you check in on the bridge and walk down to the entrance, they ask if you've preordered. But you get put in the same line as those who haven't and still have to walk up to a kiosk with your rose and order again...

DisneyRoy

We just did this last week. I noticed on the preorder that it also said $0. But when we got there we had to pay the $7 out of pocket. I figured that was going to happen. When you do get there, make sure you pay for it by charging to your room. If you have to pay cash you have to go to the most disorganized line ever and it took us an extra 20 minutes to sit down.

I don't have the cup in front of me but it's similar to the one below. Except it's obviously pirate themed. The light up figure is a large skull and crossbones symbol from PoTC.

Attachments

• DSC02120.jpg
    DSC02120.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 51

DisneyRoy

Here is a picture of the light up castle goblet. $17 but the whole thing lights up. Pretty neat. But when my daughter saw it, she stole mine and I was stuck with her mermaid cup. ;)

Attachments

• Bonjour-lightup-goblets.jpg
    Bonjour-lightup-goblets.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 46

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom