Be Our Guest Advance Ordering?

JennyANN

Original Poster
We have a lunch reservation for Be Our Guest for early April. I was just browsing around the Disney site and it mentioned we could place our online order in a couple days. What is the benefit of doing so? Just quicker food served?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
The advantage is you get to skip the line of people that need to still order their food (which can be pretty long) and go straight to a table of your picking after they check you in and ask if you want to change anything on your order etc. You are not stuck with what you chose if you change your mind etc. We always ordered ahead and it was worth it every time as we got to surpass the other line that had to go inside and order their food at a kiosk. :)

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
In my experience, with the previous FP+ system and preordering, our preorders always disappeared and we still had to stand in line to wait for a kiosk to order again. It would be nice if BoG had two separate lines - one for preorders and one for folks who didn't.

DisneyRoy

We preordered and it was awesome. They just verified our order was correct and we sat down. Like 30 seconds later we had our food. Other members of our party had to wait in line and it took an extra 15 minutes just to order and then another 10 mins to get their food. We were done eating by the time they got their food. Definitely worth it to preorder.

jaklgreen

Last Oct when they had the FP for BOG lunch, I preordered and after checking in I was told to go past everyone in line to the lady by the entrance and tell her I preordered. I was then sent in to another cast member inside where I verified my order and paid. Everyone who did not preorder where standing outside in line that stretched out over the bridge to wait for their turn to order. It was sooo much faster to preorder.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
We have a lunch reservation for Be Our Guest for early April. I was just browsing around the Disney site and it mentioned we could place our online order in a couple days. What is the benefit of doing so? Just quicker food served?

It is supposed to faster. But it didn't work for us when we tried. We did everything we needed to on line but then when we arrived, they had our reservation but no preselected meal. So we just picked there. I am all for advanced planning but I don't think I will ever try and do that again. Just in case I change my mind and want to eat something else. :)

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
It is supposed to faster. But it didn't work for us when we tried. We did everything we needed to on line but then when we arrived, they had our reservation but no preselected meal. So we just picked there. I am all for advanced planning but I don't think I will ever try and do that again. Just in case I change my mind and want to eat something else. :)
You can change what you want when they check you in if you pre ordered. They ask you if you want to change anything before they let you go find a table. They can change it right there on their iPad device. Your not stuck with what you pre ordered. We have changed ours and still got to byoass the longer line since we already pre ordered. We love preordering and it just makes the process that much faster. We have done it 4 times now. :)

aladdin2007

You can change what you want when they check you in if you pre ordered. They ask you if you want to change anything before they let you go find a table. They can change it right there on their iPad device. Your not stuck with what you pre ordered. We have changed ours and still got to byoass the longer line since we already pre ordered. We love preordering and it just makes the process that much faster. We have done it 4 times now. :)

This is great to hear, trying it out tomorrow for first time.

RubyLee

Same thing happened with me-preordered but no order details (just reservation) while checking in.

Even with the mishap, it was still faster than the kiosks-and the food arrived minutes after I found a table.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Same thing happened with me-preordered but no order details (just reservation) while checking in.

Even with the mishap, it was still faster than the kiosks-and the food arrived minutes after I found a table.

Maybe we will give it a go again this time. I spent more time having the cast member try and find the order then it would have taken me to order and get a seat. :)

Weather_Lady

In my experience, with the previous FP+ system and preordering, our preorders always disappeared and we still had to stand in line to wait for a kiosk to order again. It would be nice if BoG had two separate lines - one for preorders and one for folks who didn't.

When we had lunch at BOG, we had the same issue -- we pre-ordered, but were told when we checked in that the "system" had "lost" our orders, so we had to stand in line and re-order anyway.

Pre-ordering is a nice way to save time, in theory, but do allow sufficient extra time in your plans, in case you have to wait longer and place your orders again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom