Bay Lake Tower @ Disney's Contemporary Resort: A Studio Room Review From A DVC Member

wdwjmp239

Original Poster
I'm not sure where to put this post, so if it needs to be moved to another thread, please do not hesitate to do so.

My wife, my two kids ages 4 and 2, and I had a chance to stay at Bay Lake Tower in a studio suite which is, according to DVC, supposed to be big enough to accommodate four people. While this is true in most DVC resorts, Bay Lake Tower is the exception to the rule. The room is very small and the little time we spent in the room getting ready for bed, it felt like the walls were closing in on us.

Overall, BLT itself is nice and I do recommend staying on the 5th floor near the sky bridge that connects BLT to the Contemporary. The convenience of the monorail being so close is nice, especially after a long day at the parks.

Would we stay here again? Of course! But, I think a family of 4 would do much better with a 1 bedroom suite. The studio suites are more practical for solo/couple guests. :)

reptar77

I'm not sure where to put this post, so if it needs to be moved to another thread, please do not hesitate to do so.

My wife, my two kids ages 4 and 2, and I had a chance to stay at Bay Lake Tower in a studio suite which is, according to DVC, supposed to be big enough to accommodate four people. While this is true in most DVC resorts, Bay Lake Tower is the exception to the rule. The room is very small and the little time we spent in the room getting ready for bed, it felt like the walls were closing in on us.

Overall, BLT itself is nice and I do recommend staying on the 5th floor near the sky bridge that connects BLT to the Contemporary. The convenience of the monorail being so close is nice, especially after a long day at the parks.

Would we stay here again? Of course! But, I think a family of 4 would do much better with a 1 bedroom suite. The studio suites are more practical for solo/couple guests. :)
I agree with you completely. We are just a party of 2 and it can seem small. I think that if you do not spend much time in the room it is worth it to save the points and book the studio. I personally do not like the 5th floor. It is really loud because of the sky bridge. It is especially loud if the skybridge doors are on. I can not stand the banging/clanking sound. We just stayed in a studio for labor day weekend on the First Floor. This was the most quiet room trip we have ever had. My only beef was there is no sheer drapes for the sliders. Partial privacy would be nice so we could have had natural light.

wdwjmp239

Original Poster
I agree. Those doors are pretty loud. Our room was a few doors down from the skybridge, so we didn't hear the banging as much. I think, though, people were intentionally jamming the doors open so they wouldn't bang, especially at night.

Little Green Men

I have no idea if this is just perception but we have stayed on the upper floors of BLT including the 5th and we have stayed on the first floor twice, and both times the room on the first floor seemed a bit bigger than on the upper floors. All room were studios.

wdwjmp239

Original Poster
I have no idea if this is just perception but we have stayed on the upper floors of BLT including the 5th and we have stayed on the first floor twice, and both times the room on the first floor seemed a bit bigger than on the upper floors. All room were studios.

I would be interested in finding out if that's true. I wonder if they had to make the rooms smaller on the upper floors to accommodate for structure design and the rooms larger on the first floor (wider base? more support for the tower?). Has anyone else stayed at BLT multiple times (stayed in 1st floor rooms vs upper-floor rooms?)?

jlsHouston

I agree that the dvc studios I have stayed in are pretty cramped once you make the sofa into a bed. I've stayed at a studio at BLT, BWV, and SSR and they are all pretty tight quarters for 2 adults and 2 grade school age kids. And I am so lazy once I pull that sofa out for the kids...it stays out for the duration.

wdwjmp239

Original Poster
..... And I am so lazy once I pull that sofa out for the kids...it stays out for the duration.

Yep! So do I. I leave it open for the duration right up until we leave. That way housekeeping can change the sheets for the next set of guests that check in later that day.

brokedad

I agree that the dvc studios I have stayed in are pretty cramped once you make the sofa into a bed. I've stayed at a studio at BLT, BWV, and SSR and they are all pretty tight quarters for 2 adults and 2 grade school age kids. And I am so lazy once I pull that sofa out for the kids...it stays out for the duration.
Thats not being lazy at all, I do the same thing

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom