Bay Lake Tower 2 bedroom villa - floor/location preference?

NikkiH

Original Poster
We are going to be staying in a 2 bedroom villa in the Bay Lake Tower, lake view later this year. Is there anything we should consider in terms of what floor or exact location we should request? Thanks!

Traver Freeman

I've not stayed there, but here are my thoughts knowing tall buildings:

You don't want to be on the ground floor or even in the first 2-3 floors if you want a nice view

But you also don't want the top floor, or the top 5 floors or so, because then you're waiting for the elevator for forever, and you'll likely stop several times on the way down and up.

Bay Lake has 15 stories. So I would say a decent spot would be somewhere between 5-10. I think I'd lean more towards 5 personally, but that's because I like to get in and out faster.

For another perspective, if you got 3rd or 4th floor you could easily take the stairs, but you're view might be slightly compromised.

mousehockey37

You don't want to be on the ground floor or even in the first 2-3 floors if you want a nice view

But you also don't want the top floor, or the top 5 floors or so, because then you're waiting for the elevator for forever, and you'll likely stop several times on the way down and up.

Bay Lake has 15 stories. So I would say a decent spot would be somewhere between 5-10. I think I'd lean more towards 5 personally, but that's because I like to get in and out faster.

For another perspective, if you got 3rd or 4th floor you could easily take the stairs, but you're view might be slightly compromised.

There is no bus stop at BLT. There is a connecting bridge from the Contemporary that goes into BLT on the 5th floor. To access Disney buses you have to walk across the connector. Obviously with a 2 bedroom villa, you're going to have some people there and all their stuff. Keep that in mind for the elevator, unless you're using DME, then it will meet you there.

There are threads in multiple places with the views from these rooms and floors, you just have to search for them.

Traver Freeman

There is no bus stop at BLT. There is a connecting bridge from the Contemporary that goes into BLT on the 5th floor. To access Disney buses you have to walk across the connector. Obviously with a 2 bedroom villa, you're going to have some people there and all their stuff. Keep that in mind for the elevator, unless you're using DME, then it will meet you there.

There are threads in multiple places with the views from these rooms and floors, you just have to search for them.

Sounds like 5th floor might be where you want to be then!! That's just me, though.

epcotisbest

I have stayed there and can comment on a couple of your points. Ground floor is very nice if you are driving...just park, walk in the lobby and head to your room. You have access to the top floor lounge for views if you want to see the fireworks.
Higher floors are wonderful with incredible views, especially on the lake side. Never once in multiple stays have elevators been an issue for us.
It is all personal perspective though. For the incredible location though, I'd take a windowless closet at BLT, we like it that much.

epcotisbest

No, you don't have to go across the bridge to Contemporary to get to the busses. Just go down to the lobby, walk out and take the sidewalk out to the bus stop. It is a much farther walk going from BLT through the Contempory and back out to the busses. Many people do that though. Some also go through the Contemporary to head over to the walkway to MK, again unnecessary as you can go right out the BLT lobby to the walkway. Of course, through the Contemporary is a good way to stay dry if it is raining, something it sometimes does in FL.

epcotisbest

A visual reference for the walk to the bus from BLT vs. going through the Contemporary:

image.jpg

JohnWD

We have stayed at the BLT, and had all three types of views. Our parking lot view stay was great on the first floor. We enjoyed sitting on the patio and "participating" with the pool activities. For MK or Lake view, the higher the better. As @epcotisbest also said, we never had a negative thought about the elevators and waiting. While we stood in front of the elevator, it gave us one more chance to double check that we had everything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom