Battle of the Waterparks

Which is your favorite water park?

• Total voters

mergatroid

Typhoon Lagoon for us. I absolutely love both parks however the wave machine at TL just tips it for me. Last year I spent a full hour treading water in the deep end and just bobbing up where the wave starts and watching it sweep down and take everyone with it. I can also easily spend close to an hour at a time in a tube on what Mrs M calls 'the lazy river'. Whilst both parks have this, I've always found TL's slightly more relaxing and scenic. We visit both every year, but TL just edges it.

mergatroid

Anyone else who goes fairly regularly always try to get the same spot to 'set camp' for your visit? Our last 10 or so visits to Typhoon Lagoon we've always got the same spot right when the park opens. Can't imagine settling anywhere else now to be honest.

ParentsOf4

Anyone else who goes fairly regularly always try to get the same spot to 'set camp' for your visit? Our last 10 or so visits to Typhoon Lagoon we've always got the same spot right when the park opens. Can't imagine settling anywhere else now to be honest.
Yes, I definitely have my spots at both TL and BB that I make a B-line to at rope drop and, no, I'm not telling anyone what those are.

I haven't been shut out of my spots in over a decade and I'm not about to start now. :)

The Empress Lilly

I love both! BB is a complete riot. Where else do you take a skilift to a near vertical water slide themed as skijumping?

But the winner must be TL. Great atmosphere. I love it from the moment you walk down the winding path with the majestic reveal of the mountain. TL feels more varied than BB too, especially with Crush and the Shark reef.

Mostly Typhoon is just the closest you can get to a tropical hideout. It makes me want to sweep my love away to it and be free together and just enjoy the moment and each other! :)

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

The sentimental traditionalist side of me will & forever say River Country, due to it's simplicity, yet being the true pioneer in the water park genre. *sigh* Memories. :(

But as for today, definitely TL for it's lush tropical feel.
RC was awesome! Small but perfect!

And it had the greatest water ride ever, the White Water Rapids inner tube ride! I never even see rides like it, a perfect mix between a lazy river and a tube slide. So fantastic!

RC also had a perfect theme, and great natural setting. With nature trails! It felt like a completely natural part of Bay Lake. BB and TL are hideouts. In way, you forget you are at WDW there. They do that beautifully. But RC may have gone one better, it was a product of 70s WDW, when the entire WDW was designed to function as one whole, instead of a collection of seperate experiences. It didn't make you forget you were at WDW.

Club34

TL all the way. Probably one of favorite Disney Parks period. Immersive with the lush tropical backdrop, its a dream. I hated Jimmy Buffet until I really let TL in on one trip. Ended up just laying there all day. Love the music loop. Try the mini donuts [ate 2 bags one trip...not good/bellyache]. ITS JUST MY FAVORITE!! And where else do you get those screams of delight every 5 minutes. WHOOSH! AHHHHHH!!! LOL!!

quirkle

I remember going to RC as a kid and my dad taking us in the afternoon right before a thunderstorm . We would get a rain check for another day and get 1.5 days at RC.

roj2323

Yes, it is! Also, I'm not a big fan of snorkeling. :cautious: Our last trip, the DBF was all, "Wow! Look at them! They look so close! Isn't it magical?" And I was already on the other side of the reef, trying to stave off a panic attack. :hilarious: Hindsight, it's kinda funny...and the same thing happens before and after we get off Dinosaur! :rolleyes:

Glad i'm not the only one. I was so freaked out that I was out and had my gear turned in before my girlfriend was half way across.

Mouse_Trap

TL just takes it for me, but they both have their advantages. Do wish RC was still open though. Something about the charm of the place that the larger parks don't have.

Just wish Disney would spend some bucks on expanding them a little. Couple of extra rides in each would be great. There is some great new water park tech out there, however it doesn't seem like either park has really added anything since they opened - Crush n'Gusher aside, but IIRC its off to the side of the park and hardly themed at all.

pumpkin7

Typhoon definitely for us. I know this sounds stupid, but Blizzard Beach feels way too 'cold' for me. Plus last time we went, it was raining, although it was empty. But yeah, Typhoon all the way!

KCheatle

Right now, we don't go the water parks because my kiddos are too young to really enjoy them. Well, my DS is anyway - he'll be 4 in March. My daughter is 8. She likes slides and stuff, but it's not worth it yet to spend the money when she's just as entertained by the slide at our hotel pool. But, when they do get older, I imagine we'll be spending many days at the water parks. We'll probably do both on a trip. Even though I went to TL my entire childhood, I actually prefer the activities at BB.

BiffyClyro

I'm going to go with Typhoon Lagoon. They are both of par with each other to me, but I chose TL simply because I can't take christmas music in summer. It's not right! :D I prefer Blizzard Beache's lazy river, even though there was a snake in there once! :O :D

Walt Disney1955

I can honestly say that there were times at Typhoon Lagoon that I literally forgot I was at a waterpark. That's how great the theming is and that's how immersive the whole experience is. Give me something like that any day of the week. The best water park I've ever been to is Typhoon Lagoon. It has the best Lazy River known to man.

Disvillain63

Waterparks aren't always at the top of our list when visiting WDW. We've spent more time at River Country than the other two parks. We've only been to Blizzard Beach once and that was about 18 years ago. We've never been to Typhoon Lagoon. However, with what I have read and heard about the two parks, Typhoon Lagoon would be more to our liking...shark reef.

Chrononymous

Typhoon definitely for us. I know this sounds stupid, but Blizzard Beach feels way too 'cold' for me.

Doesn't sound stupid at all...it's the same for me! The theme just leaves me cold.
I don't do a lot of slides, but I do like the whole lazy river thing...and TL has the most relaxing one I have floated on!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom