Backstage Tours

The Mighty Tim

Hi all!

I have a couple of questions regarding backstage tours - specifically the Keys to the World tour.

Firstly, has anyone actually been on this tour, and is it worth it?

Secondly, is it possible to book these tours in advance via MDE and assign people to them later? Basically, I'd like to book two slots - one for me and one for an as yet undecided member of my party. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for your help!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Hi all!

I have a couple of questions regarding backstage tours - specifically the Keys to the World tour.

Secondly, is it possible to book these tours in advance via MDE and assign people to them later? Basically, I'd like to book two slots - one for me and one for an as yet undecided member of my party. Is this possible?

Yes first off it is totally worth it!! Me and DH would even do it again eventually as that's how much we enjoyed it.
Second you have to call to book it no more than 180 days before and you can pay for as many people as you want. It is not linked to anyone in particular. (Except you of course just for checking in purposes.) It will also not show up in MDE anyway. Another tidbit all guests have to be over 16 as to not ruin any "magic".
They feed you lunch from Columbia Harbor House (you get to pick what you want at the beginning of your tour), and you get a special pin at the end when you go eat at CHH. :)

Upvote 0

Nemo14

If you're talking about the Keys to the Kingdom tour, I would say that its worth depends on who you get for a guide. I had heard great things about the tour and was very excited about my husband and I taking it a couple of years ago. Our guide was absolutely horrible, made up information, and skipped taking us on any rides. Our "tour" of the utilidors consisted of standing in front of a TV watching a video about the tunnels, and we spent a whole lot of time standing outside the recycling center. At the end of the tour when we asked why we hadn't done the rides at all, he got quite cocky with our entire group. I would never do that tour again for the obscene amount of money charged.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
If you're talking about the Keys to the Kingdom tour, I would say that its worth depends on who you get for a guide. I had heard great things about the tour and was very excited about my husband and I taking it a couple of years ago. Our guide was absolutely horrible, made up information, and skipped taking us on any rides. Our "tour" of the utilidors consisted of standing in front of a TV watching a video about the tunnels, and we spent a whole lot of time standing outside the recycling center. At the end of the tour when we asked why we hadn't done the rides at all, he got quite cocky with our entire group. I would never do that tour again for the obscene amount of money charged.
I hope you complained!!! That is not the norm for that tour!! Anyone I know who has done it including me and most on here loved it! That guide should not be giving that tour or any tour! Lol :)

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Hi all!

One word - YES!!!!!

But wear comfortable shoes. When they say it's a 5 hour walking tour, they are not exaggerating. And try to do it in cooler weather.

Upvote 0

Minnesota disney fan

My husband and I did this 2 years ago, and it was really worth it. A lot of interesting information to be had, lots of walking, back stage on rides with interesting ride facts, tour of utilidors which was great. The lunch at Columbia Harbor House was wonderful and the pin at the end is really a nice momento. We would take this tour again without question. We had a wonderful tour guide who made the whole tour. He was enthusiastic and his love of Disney was apparent. We were so impressed that I wrote to WDW when we got home about his great tour. They responded that our comments would be put in his file and he would be rewarded for service excellence. I think the horrible tour guide the other poster had is the exception rather than the rule. So, go have fun:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom